• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

DELTARUNE

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
  • Was gonna make a thread yesterday but figured I'd respect Toby's wishes that it be kept under wraps for at least 24 hours.

But now that embargo is up sooo... who else has played it??

If you don't know what I'm talking about, yesterday the Undertale twitter account went [REDACTED] and tweeted a mysterious set of messages about some sort of survey... which actually turned out to be a full chapter of the next game in what seems to be the Undertale series, "Deltarune". I won't spoil what it actually is, but it's a full-fledged game of about 3-4 hours set in the same world (sort of!) and it's just as charming as the first. :D

You can download the game here: https://www.deltarune.com/

(But take note, you should finish Undertale before playing this! Potential spoilers!)

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I played it in one sitting yesterday!

RALSEI <3333 omfdgkj fluffy boy

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • Spoiler:

I hope Toby manages to get a team together to make the rest of this game, but I'm dying to know more. ;o; Apparently just this demo took several years to complete and he knows if he doesn't have help, it'll just never happened so... good luck, Toby!! I wanna see my fluff boy and my anger girl again!!! ;;

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    I AM SO EXCITED

Started this yesterday and didn't get too far, continuing right now, will def have lots to say about it omg
    I loved Undertale so much and I am so intrigued right now, excited to see how it all ties in (if that even becomes clear by the end of this episode/demo)

Spoiler: Early observations and questions and stuff
    • Is this an alternate universe/timeline
    • Because this is Undertale, I can't help but feel like the beginning "fake choices" for your vessel actually do mean something and will come back in some form later, but idk since there does seem to be a theme of "Undertale was all about choices, Deltarune is about having no choices" going on at the moment, at least where I am in the game right now
    • When you input "Gaster" as your vessel's name, the whole game starts over!
    • Ralsei = anagram of Asriel
    • Kris is wearing the same shirt as Chara
    • I'm actually really creeped out by Kris - everything surrounding them seems so devoid of hope and emotion
    • When you look in the mirror as Frisk, you get something like "It's you!" in the beginning of the game and "despite everything, it's still you" near the end of the game, but with Kris it was like "It's only you."
    • What I assume is Asriel's side of the room is full of descriptive interactions, but Kris' is so barren and empty
    • Aside from that BIRD CAGE AND STAIN
    I know all that was probably really obvious and I should just go play the game now but like I said, didn't get very far and I just can't help going "WHAT DOES THIS ALL MEAN" every time I see something slightly out of the ordinary

Alyssandra

in Wonderland
    Years
  • ?Juno? said:
    Ralsei = anagram of Asriel

When my roommate was playing the game for me, he remarked that Deltarune is an anagram for Undertale.

?Adventure? said:
    Deltarune is ?Undertale? scrambled

Dx

I am trying to remember where we left off...

Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
  • I finally got a chance to play this yesterday (read: I finally remembered I grabbed it), and I ended up playing the whole thing because I thought oh I'll just play a bit and then put it down--

Yeah, it didn't happen like that, hah. And now I want more. :(

Alyssandra

in Wonderland
    Years
  • I finally got a chance to play this yesterday (read: I finally remembered I grabbed it), and I ended up playing the whole thing because I thought oh I'll just play a bit and then put it down--

Yeah, it didn't happen like that, hah. And now I want more. :(

Tsk tsk :c you are supposed to sip wine, not chug it.

Years
  • Surprisingly, I didn't even care at all for Undertale, having spoiled it all on purpose. I however decided I would at least try out this demo and I do say, I was pleasantly surprised by what I have seen, from the character designs to the battle system, and even the music was quite a treat to the ears. The story is also something of interest if what I have played was any indication and I do look forward to more of it, if it ever does happen.

On that note, I also did like the designs for the monsters for Undertale, which certainly have a charm of their own.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I wasn't going to check this out despite seeing some people saying it was good but then someone on twitter mentioned an optional boss similar to what you would find in Genocide Undertale so I ended up trying it.

Spoiler:

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I AM SO EXCITED

Started this yesterday and didn't get too far, continuing right now, will def have lots to say about it omg
    I loved Undertale so much and I am so intrigued right now, excited to see how it all ties in (if that even becomes clear by the end of this episode/demo)

Spoiler: Early observations and questions and stuff
    • Is this an alternate universe/timeline
    • Because this is Undertale, I can't help but feel like the beginning "fake choices" for your vessel actually do mean something and will come back in some form later, but idk since there does seem to be a theme of "Undertale was all about choices, Deltarune is about having no choices" going on at the moment, at least where I am in the game right now
    • When you input "Gaster" as your vessel's name, the whole game starts over!
    • Ralsei = anagram of Asriel
    • I'm actually really creeped out by Kris - everything surrounding them seems so devoid of hope and emotion
    • When you look in the mirror as Frisk, you get something like "It's you!" in the beginning of the game and "despite everything, it's still you" near the end of the game, but with Kris it was like "It's only you."
    • What I assume is Asriel's side of the room is full of descriptive interactions, but Kris' is so barren and empty
    • Aside from that BIRD CAGE AND STAIN
    I know all that was probably really obvious and I should just go play the game now but like I said, didn't get very far and I just can't help going "WHAT DOES THIS ALL MEAN" every time I see something slightly out of the ordinary
    Omg what?? Re: inputting that specific name
    How did you come up with the idea to try that? BECAUSE apparently there are plenty of funky references to that character...

Spoiler:

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    thoughts:
    Spoiler:

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Did anybody play an evil route? Killing things instead of listening to Ralsei's advice?

Years
  • Did anybody play an evil route? Killing things instead of listening to Ralsei's advice?

I'm interested in that too if only to know if it affects Ralsei's commentary at all.

Most interesting part of the game for me is the secret boss. I love hidden lore.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I'm interested in that too if only to know if it affects Ralsei's commentary at all.

Most interesting part of the game for me is the secret boss. I love hidden lore.

What hidden boss?

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
  • Spoiler: Early observations and questions and stuff

• Funny you should mention that actually

Spoiler:

What hidden boss?
      Your World's gonna start revolving when you find out.

He's relatively easy to miss but to keep things as spoiler-lite as possible, in the only elevator that has a cutscene, use it and go to the one floor that's unmarked. You'll need 3 key items before you can fight them though so keep that in mind.

Last edited:

The Foogle

Gone For Good
    Years
  • Chaos, chaos! Catch me if you can!

But really Rude Buster is the best song by far, love the characters too

"step one, I thrash you. Step 2, you lose!"

Years
  • I'm quite partial to Lancer's theme myself!

Spoiler:

Back