• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Legendary Mascots Discussion & Speculation

Years
  • So, with the likeliness of being a new generation, there's always a new duo of version mascot legendaries to go with the games. That said, what do you think the new mascots will be based on or what type would they be?

pkmin3033

I have a strong feeling one or both will be Fairy typed, because there aren't enough new fairies to go around. I'd assume the Sun mascot to be part-Fire, because it's the Sun and the Sun is hot (derp) and the Moon to be part-Water, because the Moon controls the tides, etc.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • I am thinking that the will be based of the Norse Mythology vibe following XY. That being said, I think they will be based of the wolves Hati and Skoll who are attempting to devour the sun and moon till the end of days. Now they may change this to make them opposites.

But I would say Fairy/Electric and Dark/Fire or Dark/Electric and Fairy/Fire

colter519

Youngster
    Years
  • I'm gonna throw a wrench in things and just speculate that there won't be version mascot legendaries, but rather they'll go back to the limited amount of legendary pokemon that have no little to no impact on the story of the game, like in the first gen

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017
    Dark-type "Bringer of night" and [???]-type (Fairy? Grass? Normal?) "Bringer of day".
    And the third one will be something that control the night-day cycle.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • I think the mascots for Sun & Moon will be Fairy-type and Dark-type respectively. If you look at the logo for Moon it looks similar to the Dark-type symbols from the TCG series, just a thought?

GiovanniViridian

A World Of Pain!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2023
    If the mascots are based on legendaries, for some reason I think the mascot for Moon will be a Poison-type one considering we haven't had a Poison-type legendary yet (Poison Plate Arceus does not count though)

And for Sun it will be Fire.

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
    Years
  • I think the Sun mascot will be the bird we saw, because I believe it'll evolve into a phoenix. I have a feeling there won't be any legendary mascots this time around.

I wouldn't be surprised if this has something to do with Ho-Oh being chosen as the newest Pokemon Centers mascot in Kyoto.

Years
  • I have a feeling that a legendary mascot duo for this generation could be a Fire-type (Sun) and Water-type (Moon), but Fairy and Dark could work as well given Fairy tends to be associated with light.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • I have a feeling that a legendary mascot duo for this generation could be a Fire-type (Sun) and Water-type (Moon), but Fairy and Dark could work as well given Fairy tends to be associated with light.
    Could be both Fire/Fairy and Water/Dark. It's kind of like they're combining Xerneas and Yvetal's typing with Primal Groudon and Primal Kyogre's...
    It could also be Fire/Psychic and Water/Fairy (since Fairy is associated with the moon) or a combination of the four.

Years
  • Could be both Fire/Fairy and Water/Dark. It's kind of like they're combining Xerneas and Yvetal's typing with Primal Groudon and Primal Kyogre's...
    It could also be Fire/Psychic and Water/Fairy (since Fairy is associated with the moon) or a combination of the four.

I could see Fairy for both mascots working, but Psychic could be a possibility for the Sun mascot, and Dark for the Moon mascot. Maybe when they get revealed in a trailer or something we could try and assume the type based on the design.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • I could see Fairy for both mascots working, but Psychic could be a possibility for the Sun mascot, and Dark for the Moon mascot. Maybe when they get revealed in a trailer or something we could try and assume the type based on the design.
    Thanks for the flashbacks to Gen V. I remember we thought Reshiram might be "light" type and Zekrom was part Dark based on the design.

MarioManH

top kek
    Years
  • I'm expecting Son Goku to be the Sun Mascot and have that chick from Sailor Moon be the Moon mascot. Plz Japan, don't disappoint

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    Do we think the strange souvenir might represent one of the mascot legendaries? (or maybe the third in the trio)

It seems like it might factor into this somehow.

I think Dark/Fairy could be interesting for Pokemon Moon and maybe something like Fire/Psychic for Sun...

Back