• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Legendary Mascots Discussion & Speculation

kingkaiultraron

kingkaiultraron
Years
    • Seen Aug 31, 2023
    I actually came up with legendaries based of the sun and moon before these announcements.
    Solaron (Sun)
    Fire/Dragon or Fairy/Fire with the ability Drought
    Lunaron (Moon)
    Fairy/Dragon or Fairy/Rock or Fairy/Dark.

Maybe the Trio master could be based on earth (Maybe Zygarde which could mean they have a connection to Xerneas and Yveltal).

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • I actually came up with legendaries based of the sun and moon before these announcements.
    Solaron (Sun)
    Fire/Dragon or Fairy/Fire with the ability Drought
    Lunaron (Moon)
    Fairy/Dragon or Fairy/Rock or Fairy/Dark.

Maybe the Trio master could be based on earth (Maybe Zygarde which could mean they have a connection to Xerneas and Yveltal).
    I mentioned in the Third version thread in XY that if the mascots end up being based on Skoll and Hatl then perhaps Zygarde is connected to them, as it's Dog forme appears to be connected to Fenrir, the third wolf with heavy ties to the myth of ragnarok. So I can see Zygarde being part of both trios...different forms for each.

Years
    • Seen Apr 22, 2018
    I'm gonna throw a wrench in things and just speculate that there won't be version mascot legendaries, but rather they'll go back to the limited amount of legendary pokemon that have no little to no impact on the story of the game, like in the first gen

Well, XY were already heading in that direction. Xerneas, Yvetal, and Zygarde were the only non-Event Legendaries, and one of them (Zygarde) had no story in the games, whatsoever. I guess GF's been listening to the complaints about Gens 3-5 having too many Legendaries.

I seriously hope the days of Dragon type Box Legendaries are over. Xerneas and Yvetal were a much-welcomed step back in the right direction after the Dragon overkill of DPP and BW/B2W2, and I want to continue seeing different types on the covers of games.

Of course, even better would be to start seeing Starters on the boxes again, which I think could easily work with a Sun and Moon naming scheme.

Years
  • Well, XY were already heading in that direction. Xerneas, Yvetal, and Zygarde were the only non-Event Legendaries, and one of them (Zygarde) had no story in the games, whatsoever. I guess GF's been listening to the complaints about Gens 3-5 having too many Legendaries.

I seriously hope the days of Dragon type Box Legendaries are over. Xerneas and Yvetal were a much-welcomed step back in the right direction after the Dragon overkill of DPP and BW/B2W2, and I want to continue seeing different types on the covers of games.

Of course, even better would be to start seeing Starters on the boxes again, which I think could easily work with a Sun and Moon naming scheme.
    It started with Emerald. Not counting remakes we had dragons for five releases in a row (E,DP, P, BW, B2W2) until XY came. I think we'll see wolves as the mascots or perhaps a cat/lion and a wolf.

AlphaTangoFoxtrot

Johto-vah's Witness
    Years
  • Apollo and Diana/Artemis. I don't care how they do it, I just want to see these two in their designs. Also it would be awesome to see the games based in a Mediterranean-ish setting, which I haven't entirely ruled out yet but don't have high hopes for.

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2018
    I can see some Bunny/Rabbit for Moon.

They could do Legendaries based on Izanami and Izanagi.

Amaterasu could be used for Sun. I could see Inari too.

MarioManH

top kek
    Years
  • OP should add a poll those this thread whether we think there will or won't be Legendary Mascots since some people believe they will be taking the torch of RBY

Years
  • Would be ecstatic if the box legend for Moon was a Wolf.

would say phoenix for Sun, but I guess we already have ho-oh.

Years
  • I can see some Bunny/Rabbit for Moon.

They could do Legendaries based on Izanami and Izanagi.

Amaterasu could be used for Sun. I could see Inari too.
    Amaterasu and Tsukuyomi can work, with Susano'O serving as the basis for the third legend. If it were Rainbow then Izanami and Izanagi based legends would've worked nicely as the bridge they descend from in the Kojiki irc was a Rainbow.

Sirenita55

Team Popplio!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2018
    I'm not sure about Sun (possibly Fire/Fairy?!) but I have a feeling (I hope!) that the Moon legendary mascot will be Dark/Fairy.

Years
  • I'm not sure about Sun (possibly Fire/Fairy?!) but I have a feeling (I hope!) that the Moon legendary mascot will be Dark/Fairy.
    Dark/Fairy would fit nicely given both have connections to the moon by either some pokemon like Darkrai (new moon), and Umbreon for Dark, and Clefairy and moves like Moonblast for Fairy. Let's see...such a type would be weak against steel, fairy, and poison. Fairy resists fighting and dark irc, so those will do 1x damage. At the same time Dragon and Psychic moves will do it no damage.
    Wonder what kind of abilities it'll have... Moon Aura? Boost Pokémon with ties to the night and moon?

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
    Years
  • I feel like its gonna be one of those old fire vs water things since you know glowing ball of fire and all and then we got a planet that pulls the water blah blah blah. So ya i could see them being likely water/fairy and fire/fairy or something along those lines i do have a feeling they will either fall under the dark, fairy, or psychic category though i mean those are just less core typings that would likely be given for pokemon representing objects of that stature.

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
  • Amaterasu and Tsukuyomi are my guesses for what they'll be based on. :P

I like this possibility the best, only because of the amazing Pokémon designs that could come from it!

Legendary Mascots Discussion & Speculation

I can't find any art for the tsukuyomi that would make a good Pokémon design though...

I think a Dark vs. Fairy dichotomy is possible, but Fire vs. Water is also a possibility because of the Sun being hot and the moon controlling the tides like Meloetta said. But at the same time, Fire and Water is a bit gimmicky at this point, we've already gotten it in 2 games (and 3 if you count Ruby & Sapphire). I'd like to see something we haven't already seen several times already :P

kingkaiultraron

kingkaiultraron
    Years
    • Seen Aug 31, 2023
    If the region is based off of Egypt then the Pokemon sun legendary should be based of Ra, something like a fiery falcon but I think they should put a spin on it to not be to much like Ho-oh.
    The moon legendary would be based off of Khonsu.

Years
  • Ra is the Egyptian god of the sun, so it would be a logical design basis for the Sun mascot, or at least serve as part of the inspiration for the design. I could see a lot of different ideas used for Moon's mascot, especially creatures associated with darkness and the night.

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    Legendaries based on Amaterasu and Tsukuyomi would be cool, I'm not gonna lie.

I also saw on Reddit a cool theory based on the fan-theory of Entei, Suicune, and Raikou being the spirits of Flareon, Vaporeon, and Jolteon that were revived by Ho-oh. Since it's possible to draw connections between sun and moon with Ho-oh and Lugia, the theory stated that the mascots would essentially be the revived spirits of Espeon and Umbreon.

Although we all know Sun will have Volcarona and Moon will have Cresselia.

Years
  • Legendaries based on Amaterasu and Tsukuyomi would be cool, I'm not gonna lie.

I also saw on Reddit a cool theory based on the fan-theory of Entei, Suicune, and Raikou being the spirits of Flareon, Vaporeon, and Jolteon that were revived by Ho-oh. Since it's possible to draw connections between sun and moon with Ho-oh and Lugia, the theory stated that the mascots would essentially be the revived spirits of Espeon and Umbreon.

Although we all know Sun will have Volcarona and Moon will have Cresselia.
    I would like that. The third can be Sylveon. They'll probably have a 600 bst, but that's not too bad, we did get Starters as Mascots before, not all have to be super strong legendaries.

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    I would like that. The third can be Sylveon. They'll probably have a 600 bst, but that's not too bad, we did get Starters as Mascots before, not all have to be super strong legendaries.

Actually now that you mention it, X & Y had their typical "mascot trio" but no "regional trio." It would be interesting if Sun & Moon had a regional trio as their boxart mascots (and therefore, lower BST). In that case I could totally see Sylveon as the third, since it's the only Eevee evolution "by itself."

jombii

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=4][COLOR=#00b05
    Years
  • Well, it most probably is based off the moon or the sun. I'm actually hoping for a Dark-Rock and a pure Fire legendary.

Years
  • Since Magearna is already a Moom Rabbit, my guess is that there will be another mythical as a counterpart. The three-legged, Crow. Think Tornadus & Thunderus.

As for the mascots, my money is on a Sun Griffin & a Crescent Bat. Fire/Poison & Ground/Fairy.

Back