• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

News: New Sun and Moon news coming August 1

Years
  • 11pm seems like a solid time for me since I'm usually still up by then. Probably not going to expect the stuff that CoroCoro will be revealing but hopefully it's something good, even if it's another new Pokemon reveal.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • I love how frequently we're getting news now, it definitely builds the hype up towards the release. I'm pretty much expecting some info on the other islands as it seems like CoroCoro will be covering that segment too.

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years
  • I think we'll get some more new Pokemon, and maybe a little bit of more info on the Alola region and the new mechanic that was shown off in that Japanese trailer. We've been getting hit with batch after batch of new Pokemon, and I think around this time is when we start to hear a little bit more on the region itself.

Years
  • If we don't get news about gym leaders when the next CoroCoro is released, this only means that the rumour about there being no gyms may be true.

We'll see. Even if they reveal one gym leader, that would be enough to determine whether or not the rumours are true.

I agree with you, if we have no Gym Leaders revealed in the next trailer or in CoroCoro then we could likely agree the "no Gyms" rumor from that one Chinese leak will be getting further credibility. That leak already mentioned a new Poison/Fire Pokemon which turned out to be Salandit so that's the first piece of evidence of it being real, and it also had the description of the starters' final evolution stages which match up heavily with that one piece of concept art that has been floating around for a while.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Just as long as it's not more Pokemon reveals (or at least is not just Pokemon reveals) it should hopefully be good.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • You know, with news on the 1st, and Corocoro officially coming out on the 12th, it's possible that we will begin the week, and end it with news, as Corocoro could leak as early as the 7th.

Years
  • You know, with news on the 1st, and Corocoro officially coming out on the 12th, it's possible that we will begin the week, and end it with news, as Corocoro could leak as early as the 7th.

That would actually be cool if CoroCoro were to leak that early. But we know it's crunch time for the news and Pokemon reveals because next month will be starting the period of the last three months before the game release and there will definitely be more hype factor for new information and with some leaks floating around it also means we'll soon be running out of time to find out evidence that could support said leak.

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    This is exciting to see more so soon!

I'm thinking it will focus on feature with one or 2 new pokemon. Maybe the starter evos, but I I think we will get those next month.

I also could Synchro or whatever this new feature hinted at is, being shown off here. As well as the deciding factor on whether or not there are gyms.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    If we get another bundle of 6 or 7 Pokemon completely unrelated to ones we've already seen I'll definitely be feeling a 100+ new Pokemon generation. I mean I'm already feeling it but I'll be feeling a lot more confident about it.

I mean this month alone they released 14 new Pokemon. If they were to continue that into next month I think that would be a strong hint that they've got a lot to work with.

I actually feel pretty good about knowing next to nothing about the region. I usually don't like spoiling that too much for myself anyway.

Years
  • I actually feel pretty good about knowing next to nothing about the region. I usually don't like spoiling that too much for myself anyway.

I do consider your point there, because most news we've had for this generation so far is mainly reveals of new Pokemon (we did go two months without new info but then the starter reveal happened) while not knowing much about other content. I like how Game Freak is taking this approach with the reveals since it'll be somewhat beneficial to people who want to go in blind not knowing about any new locations, features or most NPC characters. Sure they'll likely already find out all the new Pokemon but at least they won't expect other stuff until they start playing.

Years
  • To be honest, I would like to not see more Pokemon. They've already revealed so many Pokemon already that I would like to keep some as a surprise. However, if this generation is going to have a large quantity of Pokemon, then I can accept revealing some more Pokemon as long as it's few in number.

Also, I would like to see more information about the Alola region and the characters. Maybe we get to know more about certain landmarks or place and even a gym leader or two.

Years
  • Or better yet, give us some sort of indication that whether or not Mega Evolution exists in the games. If so, I'd like to see a couple of new ones, preferably the Johto starters.

You definitely reminded me about Mega Evolution, because while it proved popular for the franchise, Game Freak are also known to randomly remove features between generations, or even between games in the same generation. We haven't seen anything hinting towards Mega Evolution being in Sun & Moon, although someone did point out the protagonist's bracelet does have a hidden circle-shaped indent so there's possibility of Mega Evolution still being a thing.

Even if Mega Evolution were to stay, it could be more likely we'll just have the same lineup of Megas with no new ones introduced in this generation. YouTubers ShadyPenguinn and Shofu even discuss in this video about the possibility of Mega Evolution not existing in Sun & Moon:
    Spoiler:

Flower

✿ flower keeper ✿
    Years
  • Hnng come on starter evolutions. I believe around August 2013 is when we saw the first evolutions of Chespin, Fennekin, and Froakie (being Quilladin, Braixen, and Frogadier), but I could be wrong.. too lazy to check! 8D Then again X & Y were released in October 2013, but still. I'm hopeful. @_@; I also want to hear more about this new Soul Bond thing or whatever it's rumoured to be called.... sounds super interesting.

Years
  • Hnng come on starter evolutions. I believe around August 2013 is when we saw the first evolutions of Chespin, Fennekin, and Froakie (being Quilladin, Braixen, and Frogadier), but I could be wrong.. too lazy to check! 8D Then again X & Y were released in October 2013, but still. I'm hopeful. @_@; I also want to hear more about this new Soul Bond thing or whatever it's rumoured to be called.... sounds super interesting.

It was actually in September that Quilladin, Braixen and Frogadier were revealed. That's likely why I'm speculating September or October to have Rowlet, Litten and Popplio's middle evolutions revealed and hopefully I will be able to connect them to the supposed final evolutions on that piece of concept art.

kingdenas

#Team Popplio <3
    Years
  • I hope we get information about other things besides new Pokémon. I want to hear more about the region, the new soul bonding thing and about the evil team. It would also be interesting if they revealed at least one gym leader ... If that doesn't happen, then I'll start to believe in the whole "no gyms in Alola" vibe. Let's just wait and see :3

Back