• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite Pokémon Tournament 2014 - Water

Which are your favorite Water types?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
  • For nostalgia reasons, my favorite Water Pokemon is Swampert. It served me well throughout the entirety of Gen III, as a Hoenn sea-crusing HM slave, even though I don't normally use them, and a pretty good battler.

I also like the Froakie line because of starter type bias when it was first revealed and the fact that Greninja is very good in the competitive scene and in Smash Bros. In fact, Greninja is one of my main fighters in the latter game.

For nostalgia reasons, my favorite Water Pokemon is Swampert. It served me well throughout the entirety of Gen III, as a Hoenn sea-crusing HM slave, even though I don't normally use them, and a pretty good battler.

I also like the Froakie line because of starter type bias when it was first revealed and the fact that Greninja is very good in the competitive scene and in Smash Bros. In fact, Greninja is one of my main fighters in the latter game.

Years
  • I chose 2 this time. I chose the LazorGater for that Nostalgia Factor and Greninja for being such an awesome starter in Pokemon X and Y! <3

~SkorXX signing Off!

Apollo

怖がらないで
    Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2017
    I voted for Kingdra, Azumarill and Greninja.

Kingdra has an awesome design, though I've never used him before but will plan to do so!
    Azumarill has a special place for being the highest levelled Pokemon of my Emerald team, he's also really strong now with the fairy type.
    I'm starting to like Greninja more and more since I picke dhim after restarting X. Great design, and shame it doesnt have its hidden ability but overall still strong :)

Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2015
    i voted for mudkip line and piplup line mudkip is my all time favourite.i voted for piplup line beacause it was a very big help back in sinnoh region.but my first vote will go to mudkip line.i even voted for kingdra because electric types are not super effective against it and it can sweep dragon type pokemons it helped me to take down a dragonite once!:D

Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2015
    The Carvahna line because Sharpedo is the one thing I wanted in a Pokemon game when I was younger: a big frickin' shark with large teeth, despite the fact that he's been unfortunately cut in half. Not to mention I saw my first Sharpedo after watching Jaws for the first time, he holds a special place in my heart.

Next in line is Kyogre for more or less the same reason, because I always considered him a shark instead of a whale.

Oshowatt line- just look at that first stage! He's so cuddly <3! I just want to steal him and hug him and squeeze him until one of us is unconscious or suffering from a very painful Scallop Chop injury.

And finally, Froakie line. It starts out as a cute little froggy, then somehow turns into the freaking Fourth Hokage! What the frick? That is one of the most bizarre and awesome evolutions of all time!

And Vaporeon. Sorry, that's just adorable.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    For this one, I'll likely have to go with Gyarados. Magikarp might not be a very useful Pokémon, but whether we'd like to admit or not, many of us still take it in a high regard, considering that it evolves into something very strong and powerful. Gyarados' design is pretty intimidating, which I believe is very suitable for some Pokémon like this; in comparison to others, I'd say Gyarados is very unique appearance-wise.

Not only that, but when it comes to battling, it's also pretty outstanding. Its offensive stats are pretty good overall, especially Attack, and it also has decent Speed to have that complemented. To take advantage of it all, Gyarados' got some pretty valuable moves in its arsenal, such as Dragon Dance, Waterfall, Stone Edge, and Earthquake. Have used it plenty of times before, and it always seemed to have amazed me (and am sure same could be applied to plenty of other players!).

Aside from that, few other of my favorites are Suicune, Vaporeon, Blastoise, Swampert, and Milotic.

Years
  • Squirtle, Slowpoke, Totodile, Sharpedo, Palkia, and Greninja.

Squirtle is of course the classic, and we all love Blastoise.

Slowpoke was always so endearing, you couldn't help but like him. And despite what the show would have you think, he's a decent fighter.

Totodile is my favorite Water starter, and I really like crocodiles, so he gets my vote. And anime Totodile was so energetic and silly, even if he sounded like Donald Duck.

Sharpedo = Shark Torpedo. Even if Sonic 3 had shark torpedoes already, it's still a cool concept.

Palkia, the Water Dragon and ruler of spatial dimensions. He's like Godzilla, but in space! But not SpaceGodzilla.

Greninja is a ninja toad. I like ninja.

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
  • Pfft... I vote for all Water types! Water type is my favorite type, and I love every one of the Water-types in Pokemon.

Except Totodile. Didn't vote for that line. I hate that thing. I had terrible past experiences

Shrew

is a Shrew
    Years
  • Mudkip is my 2nd favorite pokemon! I fell in love with it the moment I saw it. I was already a huge fan of aaalll water types when I was younger--it used to be my favorite type, and it's now my 3rd. I just think it's so cute and adorable, and it's evolutions are fitting and not bad either.

I also voted for Oshawott, which is somewhere in my top #6. I never thought too much about this pokemon when I chose it as my starter. However, I always carried around my McDonalds Oshawott toy when I visited my friends' houses (I'm an adult, if that makes this any more amusing) and all my friends began associating me a lot with the pokemon and I ended up falling in love with him. <3

Years
  • Slowbro because of it's wide move pool and beyblade mega

The Oshawott family because they're the only Gen 5 starters

And Azumarill because it's the bae <3

Years
  • I went with Slowpoke line, Suicune & Swampert. I am surprised at the lack of votes for the Slow line, Slowbro was always one of my favourites from my first interest in pokémon and they are given a fair amount of coverage (new mega evo, slowking role in 2nd film, slowpoke tails in g/s/c etc etc.).

#VoteSlow #JusticeForSlowpoketails

Proteun

Unofficial PokéMusic Composer
    Years
  • Water is always the type I choose as starter, but I didn't choose many.

Totodile line: My first starter. Feraligatr is basically badass. That's all.

Squirtle line: Wartortle is my favourite Pokémon from any starter line. I'd always choose Squirtle when it's available.

Magikarp: Basically too derpy to ignore.

Also, I vote for Wooper.

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
    Years
  • I didn't know it was already the 9th ;_; Brendino you should definitely edit the poll so that I voted for Wailord, Kingdra, and Clawitzer :D

Wailord is the largest of all Pokémon and is a whale, how is it not winning??? Kingdra is a cool seahorse dragon and I think it made a lot of sense to give Seadra an evolution since Seadra definitely looks like a stage one Pokémon. Clawitzer is one of my recent favorites, it's nice to finally see a shrimp Pokémon.

Gigadweeb

[b][i]The Black Swordsman[/i][/b]
    Years
  • Poor Palkia, it gets very little love.

If the poll was open, would've been very hard to pick between Empoleon's line and Sharpedo's line. Both bro-tier.

Years
  • The votes have been added for you, Wobbu. I would've added some for you too Gigadweeb, but since you didn't leave any definitive choices, I didn't make any other changes.

After a week that seemed to go on forever, we've finally found our winners in the final two type polls. In the Water-type matchup, two families were neck and neck for almost the whole week, but in the end, Mudkip, Marshtomp and Swampert managed to squirt by the competition, earning themselves a spot in the finale. Froakie, Frogadier and Greninja were the runners-up, and will be featured in the wildcard poll starting tomorrow.

If you haven't yet seen the results of the Psychic-type poll, go check those out now. The wildcard poll should be up sometime on Sunday afternoon/evening, so keep your eyes open for that!

Back