• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Adventure - Red Chapter NEW BETA + EXPANSION

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
Years
  • can i apply the rtc fix on the beta 14 for mgba ?? also now i'm on route 12 about to do the race and i get blocked by a snorlax am i supposed to catch that snorlax is that the one that it's part of red team ??
    1) Yes, you can apply it. There's no guarantee it'll work though.
    2) Interact with that Snorlax to proceed with the plot. To answer the question, you are supposed to catch it if you're trying to faithfully create Red's team from the manga or if you're set on catching all the pokémon.
    Trying to update from b13 to b14.
    I'm guessing due to "The bag size was increased. As such, Beta 13 savefiles won't work in the Beta 14.".

Any idea if this will affect anything other than items showing in the bag?
    Is there anyway to get the items again without a new savefile?

I have confirmed the items do not appear in the bag.
    Besides the items dissappearing, you might experience issues during your playthrough. For example, changes in flags and vars used in certain scripts that were already cleared when you played through the Beta 13 could create issues with scripts that were implemented in the Beta 14.
    To put things simply, when the developer asks you to start a new savefile, he probably has a reason to do so.

Last edited:

BH

Canine pokemon fan
    Years
  • LOL i went to lavender town and that girl near pokemon tower asked me did i believe in ghosts, naturally i said yes, but i wanted to see what will happend if i say "no" and a bonus chapter was activated of the "ghostly white hand"

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 23, 2023
    I'm in the Team Rocket hideout in Celadon City, but everytime I enter a trainer battle the game glitches and I am unable to progress further.

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
    Years
  • I'm in the Team Rocket hideout in Celadon City, but everytime I enter a trainer battle the game glitches and I am unable to progress further.
    What emulator are you using? Did you check if the issue happened with a different GBA emulator?
    Is there anyway to teach swampertX earthquake and scald? Hehe
    The Earthquake TM doesn't work on it, and it can't learn it via levelling up either, the same goes for Scald.
    It doesn't look like SwampertX can learn them.

Years
    • Seen Sep 23, 2023
    I managed to use a cheat that let me teleport back out of the hideout into Celadon City and everything is good now.

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
    Years
  • Any update???
    I usually bring them here as soon as Aethestode posts them. He simply hasn't posted any ever since the Beta 14 Part 1 came out, that's why there hasn't been any update.
    I assume he's taking a rest or simply doing the hard work in the background.

ON: I could have brought the plans Aethestode shared in the Discord server about the direction in which the development of this hack is gonna go, but I decided not to.
    It wasn't that important, but I decided to include it now because.. well, why not I guess.
    kaPM7tj.png

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 14, 2020
    I'm glad to see that it continues relatively fast. Not that we have to wait years, or he even seems to be aborted,again. Of course, it's just his hobby and he still has a life.but,nice to see.each player will thank him sincerely. in the sense, keep it up :)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2023
    I usually bring them here as soon as Aethestode posts them. He simply hasn't posted any ever since the Beta 14 Part 1 came out, that's why there hasn't been any update.
    I assume he's taking a rest or simply doing the hard work in the background.

ON: I could have brought the plans Aethestode shared in the Discord server about the direction in which the development of this hack is gonna go, but I decided not to.
    It wasn't that important, but I decided to include it now because.. well, why not I guess.
    kaPM7tj.png

Wait, so this means Orre won't be out until after Nanomi? Work on Orre was done before OI, so why's it being pushed back so far?

Years
    • Seen Mar 21, 2019
    Wait, so this means Orre won't be out until after Nanomi? Work on Orre was done before OI, so why's it being pushed back so far?

This was my thinking, was excited to see something about orre. Ahh well, still cant wait for more updates though, sure they will be ace. ;)

Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2023
    This was my thinking, was excited to see something about orre. Ahh well, still cant wait for more updates though, sure they will be ace. ;)

Also, I noticed that Nanomi comes after Sevii, but shouldn't it go: Sevii -> Hoenn Battle Frontier -> Nanomi ? Because Red, Blue, Green, Yellow and Silver are put in stone during Sevii and are freed at Hoenn BF.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen today
    Also, I noticed that Nanomi comes after Sevii, but shouldn't it go: Sevii -> Hoenn Battle Frontier -> Nanomi ? Because Red, Blue, Green, Yellow and Silver are put in stone during Sevii and are freed at Hoenn BF.

because I guess the hoenn battle frontier is inside the arc of sevii island, so there should be no problems with that

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
    Years
  • Wait, so this means Orre won't be out until after Nanomi? Work on Orre was done before OI, so why's it being pushed back so far?
    Maybe his work on Orre is nowhere near completed and it was a way for him to take a break from the Kanto Region, back when he was still developing it.
    I agree with Sora here, perhaps the events that happen in the Battle Frontier during the Emerald Chapter involving Red, are going to be introduced in the Fire Red and Leaf Green Chapter here in this ROM Hack.

These are nothing but speculations, there's no way to know how Aethestode will handle that part of the story. Keep that in mind.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2019
    I think this hack will take 9 to 10 years
    To fully complete this game because
    Aethestode is nearly taking 1 year to
    Complete one region that means in
    this hack there are total 9 regions so
    9 years to complete all 9 regions but
    this game is one of the best game i
    have ever played so take your time
    and complete this hack and wishing
    Aethestode good luck for this hack
    and please complete this game.

BH

Canine pokemon fan
    Years
  • I think this hack will take 9 to 10 years
    To fully complete this game because
    Aethestode is nearly taking 1 year to
    Complete one region that means in
    this hack there are total 9 regions so
    9 years to complete all 9 regions but
    this game is one of the best game i
    have ever played so take your time
    and complete this hack and wishing
    Aethestode good luck for this hack
    and please complete this game.

Was this post intented to be sung with pokemon USA theme? Becuase that's how i read it

Years
    • Seen Jan 14, 2020
    I do not think it will take 10 years.because,some of the regions are smaller than others.
    But of course it all depends on how intense he works on it and how much pleasure he has, after all, the development was stopped one times.
    He also has a life and work, which is understandable.
    Still one of the best or even the best pokemon hack.

Back