• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga Cute anime suggestions

Years
  • Hi! I'm looking for more cute anime suggestions. Cute not just looks-wise, but also relaxing when it comes to the story.. something I can watch after a long day of work (and perhaps go hunting for more merch of my favorite chara). =p Think series like Gochuumon and Urara Meirochou. Ideally, cute girls doing cute things.

Does anyone have suggestions? I'm super into cute and relaxing series mainly featuring girls, and would love to watch more once I finish S2 of Gochuumon.

Years
  • Aria the Animation
    Non Non Biyori
    Tamako Market - Easily one of the most underrated Kyoto Animation series.
    Tamayura
    Hidamari Sketch
    Girls und Panzer - Perhaps not as relaxing as the others but based on your list I'm pretty sure you'll like it. Plenty of merch about for it too.
    Nodame Cantabile - This one is about a main couple more than a cast of girls but I'm including it anyway because it is so cute.

Years
  • Adding to that list:

K-On!
    Lucky Star - more comedy than cute but still fits
    Yuru Yuri - again, more comedy than cute but it definitely fits
    Pan de Peace - nothing really happens in this but it's a short so it's plenty of dosage of CGDCT and I personally enjoyed it.
    Sakura Trick - Might not quite be what you're looking for, but it's largely drama free and pretty fluffy overall. It is about girls who are into girls, which might not be what you're looking for.

And stuff that's not CGDCT but is close or otherwise gives comfy feels:
    Flying Witch - About a Japanese witch who moves in with her cousins in the Japanese countryside as part of her witch training.
    Danna ga Nani wo Itteiru ka Wakaranai Ken (I Can't Understand What My Husband Is Saying!) - About a married couple where one is an otaku and the other is relatively "normal". It's a short so episodes fly by, and it's got 2 seasons.
    Danchigai - About a teen boy's familial relationship with his 4 sisters. It's a short.
    Tsurezure Children - Very much about awkward teen relationships but still very comfy overall. Also a short.
    Joukamachi no Dandelion (Castle Town Dandelion) - About a royal family with a lot of kids who are competing to be elected leader. Kinda too prototypically anime at points but still pretty comfy overall.

And something that's mostly cute/comfy but has some drama to it but I think is totally worth a watch anyway:
    Papa no Iukoto wo Kikinasai (Listen to Me, Girls! I Am Your Father!) - Probably should read the synopsis, quoted here:

Segawa Yuta is a freshman of a university. He lost his parents when he was small and was raised by his sister Yuri. Yuta has been living alone since Yuri got married to a middle aged man when Yuta was a junior high student.

One day, Yuri visited Yuta's apartment and asked him to take care of her three daughters while Yuri and her husband were on a trip. He unwillingly accepted the job but the plane Yuri took went down in a plane crash. In order to prevent the daughters from being adopted separately by relatives, Yuta decided to take in all three girls.

A life of a strange family in a tiny apartment begins.

Years
  • Isshuukan Friends - Okay lots of drama too but it's got really cute art and a lot of cute moments.

Azumanga Daioh - Hilarious and also the epitome of cute girls doing cute things.

Lovely Complex - Bit of drama but lots of cute romantic comedy.

Toradora - As above.

K-On - Similar sort of deal to Azumanga

Usagi - Cute story about raising a kid when you have no idea how.

Kotoura-san - Funny and cute once you get past the hear wrenching first 10 minutes.

Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon - Cute dragon girls don't know how to human.

Papa no Iukoto wo Kikinasai! - Usagi drop but not nearly as good.

Acchi Kocchi - Cute, fluffy and sometimes surreal.

Sakura Trick - Yuri fluff.

Not all of it is cute girls doing cute things but all are pretty damn cute.

Years
  • Thanks all! I'm gonna look into these over the weekend when I have time. <3 I've already seen Toradora and Kobayashi-san, the latter of which is pretty much exactly what I was looking for lol. K-On and Lucky Star are crazy popular but I've not seen them yet, so that might be one of the next things on my list.

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
  • It depends what how you describe "cute", but Ouran High school club is on netflix! I really enjoyed it :3

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • Yuki Yuna is Hero - this one is kind of heavy, though.
    Hinako Note.
    Engaged to the Unidentified.
    Yuyushiki.
    Squid Girl.
    Amanchu.

Years
  • It depends what how you describe "cute", but Ouran High school club is on netflix! I really enjoyed it :3

Already saw this one and yes, it was both adorable and hilarious!!

Yuki Yuna is Hero - this one is kind of heavy, though.
    Hinako Note.
    Engaged to the Unidentified.
    Yuyushiki.
    Squid Girl.
    Amanchu.

Hinako Note is on my list.. it's super cute looking, but for some reason I never got around to watching ep1 and continuing. Definitely going to download that one & will look into the others. ?

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
  • Lately I see something called Bananya everywhere. It does look cute! Apparently it is short too. It is probably next on my list.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • Thanks all! I'm gonna look into these over the weekend when I have time. <3 I've already seen Toradora and Kobayashi-san, the latter of which is pretty much exactly what I was looking for lol. K-On and Lucky Star are crazy popular but I've not seen them yet, so that might be one of the next things on my list.

K On and Lucky Star are like... THE shows for cute girls doing cute things. I personally liked K On a lot more.

Other cute girls doing cute things: Houkago no Pleiades, New Game, Kuma Miko (one cute girl?), Shirobako, Tamako Market, Yama no Susume (only few mins for first season eps)... not all of these are high school girls doing high school cute things but most of the cast members are girls?

Not just cute girls but really easy to watch and happy shows: Barakamon, Himouto! Umaru-chan, Hyouka, Kimi ni Todoke, Mikakunin de Shinkoukei, Nichijou, Nijiiro Days, reLIFE, Sukitte ii na yo

Last edited:

LadyJirachu

Fluffy and Elegant :3
    Years
  • Cute and relaxing with cute girls doing cute things?

Well, K-On! comes to mind for sure. I'd say Strawberry Marshmallow might also be a good pick as well, if you don't mind something a little more extra cutesy. :)

Slice of Life in general I think sort of might be this type of thing, some more than others.

I like K-On!, Strawberry Marshmallow, and probably Lucky Star, too, for something like this especially though.

Hoped this helped! :D

Back