• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Gaia Version

Years
  • Now, this was a very good hack, and I mean, very very good hack back in 2018 when released. I completed it a grand total of three times this year, twice in February and once in late August. And it's still good, no lie. After all, the final part of the story is quite simply fascinating; I was astonished by the events after taking the last badge. I even enjoyed playing it so much in my earlier runs.

But, in my opinion, upon playing several CFRU hacks (i.e. Unbound or Radical Red), this hack unfortunately lost its charm. Maybe for those of you that start playing romhacks and those of you who used to play them and want to restart them, this is worth a shot, that's no lie. And you will love it, that's no lie as well.

I will list my issues with this hack. I repeat: this hack is not bad; it's good even, but because it's not been updated for three years (!) it has unfortunately fallen behind the times.

• Poisoned Pokémon faints at 0 HP; this should be modified as either the poison status being lifted at 1 HP (à la Generation 4) or not taking any damage at all while poisoned in the overworld (à la Generation 5 and onwards)
    • 50 TMs are too low; although there are move tutors to teach 40 more different moves to Pokémon, 50 TMs are not enough; this should be increased to at least 100
    • HM slaves should not be mandatory; I want to use an overworld HM move without having to teach them. This is not necessary; because of two of my playthroughs I used Technician Scizor with Cut (Bug-type move with 60 BP); this was insane
    • Several moves and abilities were not updated to Generation 4 standards, let alone 6. For example, Stockpile does not boost the Defense and Special Defense of the user in this hack; yet it should; this was modified in Generation 4.
    • Provided that you're not playing this game with modified ROM via randomiser (check the first post; you can download and randomise the game), of all the legendary Pokémon in the first six generations, you can catch only Deoxys and Rayquaza. I think you should be able to catch some other legendary Pokémon without resorting to cheating, save editing or playing randomised game.
    • Depending on the national Dex number, some Pokémon in the Hall of Fame appears to be wrong. For example, in my first and third playthroughs my Excadrill appeared as Victreebel in Hall of Fame. In my second playthrough, my Zekrom appeared as Sudowoodo (!).
    • Some abilities originated from the future generations don't appear as well. For example, the Mold Breaker ability does not exist at all; my Mega Gyarados had the ability Pressure. In a similar vein, in my randomised run, almost all legendary Pokémon have their abilities changed to Pressure (Arceus, Reshiram, and Zekrom are examples). Zorua and Zoroark does not have Illusion; rather, they have Trace. But some abilities exist; such as Mega Salamence with Aerilate and the aforementioned Scizor / Mega Scizor with Technician.

By the way, when will V4 be released? I can easily predict the answers, "rom hackers don't make the games for raising money, it's a hobby for them, cut them some slack, they have real life jobs to do", but come on, it's been three years since the V3.2 was released. At least say "no V4" and we'll be on our way.

As I said this is a good hack, and very good when it was released; but upon playing CFRU hacks, this game unfortunately lost its magic. I hope it will be updated soon.

This game runs on emerald decomp now, and is probably the reason why it still not released in the first place because sphice is porting over the contents of v3 into emerald. This decision will make gaia on par with cfru hacks, considering emerald has an updated battle engine as well.

Years
  • This game runs on emerald decomp now, and is probably the reason why it still not released in the first place because sphice is porting over the contents of v3 into emerald. This decision will make gaia on par with cfru hacks, considering emerald has an updated battle engine as well.

Well, I didn't know it. I guess we must wait for a little more while. It's still good to see that the game is updated to a more up-to-date engine, which is always good. Waiting for updates, like Saffron.

The savegames from V3.2 will not be compatible then, no?

Can somebody tell me where the move deletor is please
    Nestpine Town, the first house you see.

Years
  • Well, I didn't know it. I guess we must wait for a little more while. It's still good to see that the game is updated to a more up-to-date engine, which is always good. Waiting for updates, like Saffron.

The savegames from V3.2 will not be compatible then, no?

iirc there are gonna be 2 versions, the emerald one and the one that runs on fire red (with a very outdated engine)

Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2021
    I know that it may have been asked many times in the past, but does anyone know if Spherical Ice has announced an ETA for v4.0?

Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2021
    No, no estimated date for V4.0 is announced yet. You better wait and see. Read the conversation between me and RenElite above.

Thank you for your prompt reply! Right, I just checked. So it means that the port from FireRed to Emerald decomp is delaying things but since it's for good I can take it.. :)

Years
    • Seen Nov 16, 2022
    Are shiny odds raised in this game? I'm guessing so since the 4th pokemon I found was shiny lol

Years
    • Seen Nov 16, 2022
    Gaia's shiny rate is unchaged from vanilla FireRed. That means the chances of encountering a shiny wild Pokémon are 1/8192.
    unknown.png

Lol awesome

Years
    • Seen Apr 30, 2024
    I only hope this game got updated for auto run with, i hate pressing B all the time

Years
    • Seen Jan 12, 2022
    Eevee evolution help!

Hi guys I'm new to the page, Ive been playing Pokémon Gaia on iOS emulator and recently I stopped my eevee mid way through evolving into a espeon as I wanted an umbreon. However since stopping it evolving I have levelled up several levels and it no longer wants to evolve. I've been battling lods without fainting and giving it vitamins etc and still no evolving ? Any ideas ? 🙏🏼

Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2022
    Hi all. Love the game! I have a question about egg breeding that i just came across. I breeded a male drowzee and female sabeleye. From the egg, a sableye hatched but t shows the mega form sprite. Is this just in mega form now? Can it still mega evolve in battle? and does that affect stats at all for this pokemon? Its iv's unfortunately arent geat :(
    Or is this still jsust a regular sabeleye but the image is showing the mega form for some reason ?

Back