• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What was the last game you preordered?

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
Years
  • Real talk. Do you preorder games? Or do you generally wait? What was the last game you preordered?

No Man Sky I think the last game I preordered was probably Dark Souls 3 last March. Love the Souls series in general, and although I usually just wait for a price drop I had to play this game day one. I don't think I'll preorder another game though for awhile, it's very hard for me to drop $60 on a game when I have a huge backlog.

BlazingCobaltX

big mood. bye
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 19, 2019
    I have never preordered a game and last time I bought a game upon release was Pok?mon Diamond... I would be willing to preorder 428: Shibuya Scramble, but I doubt that's gonna have a preorder bonus. Since I don't have current generation consoles I am pretty much never buying games around the release.

Years
  • Breath of the Wild!

Figured that if we were pre-ordering a Switch to make sure we got one, then we might as well make sure we have a game to go along with it. :P

Though that was definitely the exception, I usually don't bother with pre-ordering things at all. There usually aren't many games I want that I want the moment they come out...and the ones I have, I've usually been able to buy on Steam anyway, so I don't worry.

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    I pre-order everything. Mostly because I know I'm going to likely enjoy the games I buy.

Arsenic

[div=font-size: 18px; font-family: 'Kaushan script
    Years
  • I'm sadly a pre-order fiend.

I am starting to find a lot of companies that I refuse to pre-order from though.

I suppose the last game I pre-ordered was the new Mass Effect because I dont think Bioware currently can make a bad game!

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • I don't preorder a lot anymore, but I think the last game I preordered was the Final Fantasy XII remaster. Preorders were on sale AND I got an amazon prime discount so it seemed like a no-brainer.

Otherwise, unless it's a game I've been looking forward to forever and I know I'm going to play day 1, I tend to just wait for sales now instead of preordering everything that catches my eye. :( I cancelled a preorder for Horizon: Zero Dawn a couple weeks before it came out because I knew I wouldn't get to it for months anyway and it seemed a waste.

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    I'm not sure if I've ever preordered tbh. My parents mostly make me wait until some event to get things :(

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
    Years
  • Since I buy most of my games off Amazon due to being a prime member, I usually pre-order to take advantage of the discount.

Just pre-ordered Persona 5 and FE: Echoes yesterday.

Years
  • The only games I ever pre-order are the Pokemon ones, and even then, I wouldn't have done it if I knew I couldn't pick them up during a midnight release (and even then, I couldn't pick up Sun/Moon till the day after, anyway). Was considering pre-ordering Mass Effect Andromeda earlier this week since I've got a Best Buy gift card, but I think I'll just take my chances of trying to pick it up on Tuesday after work.

MachoPony

Resident Brony
    Years
  • i rarely pre-order a game unless i've seen enough trailers and whatnot to know without a doubt 100% it looks amazing. Pokemon Moon being the only one in recent memory

Years
  • The only games i've preordered are Resident evil remake for PC and Hotline miami 2 after those two i haven't preordered anything else.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
    Years
  • I pre-purchased Doom last year on Steam, but I don't know if I want to count that. The last game I physically pre-ordered at Game Stop and picked up in person was probably Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel! on Xbox 360. And frankly the experience of picking it up was so disappointing that I probably will never pre-order at GameStop ever again. See, the game was fine. I loved it. I actually like it from a gameplay perspective more than BL2 for various reasons. But the guy behind the counter felt he was obligated to inform me about how many people had returned copies of the game already and had expressed displeasure with it. I didn't want to hear other opinions about the game, I wanted to judge it on its own merit from my own experience. I shouldn't have to make a conscious effort to do so with a game that was just released. If I wanted to know what people thought I would have read reviews in advance of the game, but I didn't. But I still thoroughly enjoyed the game so whatever.

Yukari

I've actually never pre-ordered a game aside from Final Fantasy Explorers. And Dark Souls 2 but I cancelled that.

Back