• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

AMA i'm moving in two days and should be packing

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
why is makoto better than akechi

uhhhh she's not. real talk tho she got shafted by the writers. akechi did too. i mean hell a lot of them did but i think makoto suffers the most she was just boring sorry. here i'm gonna be nice tho here are three things i genuinely like about makoto:

1. she likes buchimaru-kun and that's rly adorable
2. she trained in aikido fuck me up girl
3. her voice is just so pleasant like she could read me the phone book and i would be soothed

How do you feel about Reshiram

well i don't want to marry it that's for damn sure

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
yes I remember you syd

Where are you moving to?

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
why is Alolan Dugtrio a friend

have u not seen them..........look at them........so cute........no mouth....pink nose...........HAIR........... Alolan Dugtrio is just so cute and pure and wonderful and they make me happy lol. I can't really explain. Kind of like how I gravitated to Petilil for some reason. I just really like it. Alolan diggy friend is just rly neat.

Hey...who are you

remember that time my sister was on my laptop and she asked you on msn to not tell me and you said you wouldn't and you ratted her ass out anyway

yes I remember you syd

Where are you moving to?

Atlanta, GA!

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Is there a p5 character you don't like?

So just gonna stick to main and side characters and not villains here because that's too obvious. As far as side characters and confidants go though, I'm not a fan of Ohya at all. She's just really annoying and bitchy and honestly, I would have preferred Lala-chan as a confidant rather than her. However, since Lala is a drag queen, I think Atlus would have fucked that up, so I guess I should be grateful that what we got from Lala already wasn't a gross stereotype. That might be for the better. But yeah Ohya, idk. I think she's a common fan dislike anyway, so I'm saying nothing new here.

For main characters, even though I tried to be nice about her earlier, I'm just not a big Makoto fan. I've been trying to like her more lately because I hate disliking a main character, especially one so popular, but I just could never get interest in her. Her confidant just doesn't do anything for her and I don't feel like it tells me all that much about HER and I don't see how she grows or benefits from it, plus it's really boring. You can date all the girls you have a confidant with in this game, but Makoto's feels like it's literally only set up for that purpose rather than her personal growth, which I don't really like. My big issue with Makoto is honestly fanon, though. People see her as this badass biker chick who doesn't take anyone's shit and I mean. She was like that during her awakening and then doesn't progress from there. Her awakening is great! But that's it. She stops there. She, if anything, regresses from that point on. She's still very hesitant going forward to other palaces, always backpedaling and posing the 'should we do this?' question, which I suppose you could argue is a good thing, if not a bit of foreshadowing. I don't know, though. I don't see her take charge of things later in the game like she does at her peak moment there. Anything else I say about her would be a large spoiler and just make me go on even more, so I'll rest my case. It's not all her fault, though. Atlus just doesn't know how to write their girls; they all suffer from it. Hell, even some of the boys.

Ahhhh I'm sorry, you didn't ask for a novel dlfjadklf. You throw P5 into a question, and that's what you get I guess? lmao

Years
What game genres you care and don't care about?
Do you love pokémon?
What was your first experiences in this site since you created your account in 2008?
Pc or console?
Do you enjoy pc gaming?
Can you run certain games in your pc?
This is the first forum you joined or you've been at other ones before this one?
Why "sydian" as a name?
How can you run newer games on your pc, do they lag?
What is your favorite food?
Do you know the f2p games?
What would you do if you were stuck in a part of an game?
If you were to choose hero or villain, what side you would choose?
Do you like fps games?
How's life going?
What is your least favorite game?
What is your favorite game?
What is your most loved thing that made you being proud of?
Do you have an favorite meme or do you just like memes?
How could you speedrun?
What is the game that you enjoy, but is underrated?

Taemin

move.
Years
  • Age 36
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Syd, I love how your questions have short answers, but then u unload on the p5 character question LOL

Is the P5 anime good and should I watch it?? I need motivation to start..!

Are you agender, or do you identify strictly as male?

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
What game genres you care and don't care about?

I only really like JRPGs, some platformers, and some action/adventure titles. Don't care much for any type of shooter or horror game. It's just really dependent on mechanics, I suppose.

Do you love pokémon?

Not so much lately. USUM put a sour taste in my mouth.

What was your first experiences in this site since you created your account in 2008?

Oh god... I actually joined here for fan fiction and Pokemon Special manga scans, because I got word that PC's writing section was better than Serebii's and that someone had those scans posted. Nowadays, I don't write fan fics and I don't read PokeSpe anymore -- and you can just buy them in book stores. What a world. I'm half lying, though. I still write.

Pc or console?
Do you enjoy pc gaming?
Can you run certain games in your pc?

Lumping these all together, but I prefer console, have never done PC gaming, and I don't own a PC anyway. I'm on a Mac Book, which as I understand, isn't really good for gaming.

This is the first forum you joined or you've been at other ones before this one?

I joined Serebii maybe a week or so before I joined here back in 2008. I quit logging on there shortly after, lol. I joined various other forums between then and now, as well.

Why "sydian" as a name?

Okay so this actually has a story. I was playing Pearl and was hatching a Scyther egg and all the while, I was about to join a friend's forum to mod some of the sections. This was before I was a mod here and I wanted a cool name that a moderator would have, right? lmao Scyther hatched and I made up Sydian for its name and thought to myself oh wow. That's it. That's my username. I ended up changing it to Sydian here as well and though I've cycled through a few usernames since then, I always end up coming back to it. lol

How can you run newer games on your pc, do they lag?

What is your favorite food?

Good question... I like a lot of things. Usually anything that's got cheese on it is a way to my heart, though.

Do you know the f2p games?

the who

What would you do if you were stuck in a part of an game?

Leave it alone for like two years, come back to it, beat that part in a few minutes, then binge play for seven hours. It's happened. lol

If you were to choose hero or villain, what side you would choose?

Villains tend to be more compelling. And after all, they're the hero in their view.

Do you like fps games?

Not at all.

How's life going?

It's going!

What is your least favorite game?

Out of what I've played? Hm. A Series of Unfortunate Events for GBA was pretty bad. I thankfully don't tend to buy games that are really bad, but that was a gift many moons ago...it was atrocious.

What is your favorite game?

Definitely not Persona 5. Not at all.

What is your most loved thing that made you being proud of?

Like what do I have that I'm proud of? Uhhh I have three Akechi pillows and a full set of P5 corocots... I really like them. That counts for something right lmao

Do you have an favorite meme or do you just like memes?

I do not discriminate against memes. However, I think the SpongeBob ones are my favorites.

How could you speedrun?

I'm the slowest player ever. I could not. lol

What is the game that you enjoy, but is underrated?

Okay I know I said I don't like shooters, but I made an exception for Jet Force Gemini because it's really fun and has great music and it's hard as balls, but I love it anyway. Favorite RareWare game, for sure.

Did u ever move

points to location

Syd, I love how your questions have short answers, but then u unload on the p5 character question LOL

Is the P5 anime good and should I watch it?? I need motivation to start..!

Are you agender, or do you identify strictly as male?

I'm telling you, you don't want to engage in P5 conversation with me. It results in a published novel lmao.

Okay so like. It's not DONE, so I can't say yay or nay on it, but it's definitely made for people that enjoyed the game, imo. I think that if you were to try to go into the anime and use that as your source for getting the P5 experience, it would be a mistake. Not that it's bad, but I think it isn't a good introductory piece. I would play the game first and then go through the anime, which is still airing ofc. If you can't play the game or don't have the time for it (which I totally understand; I clocked out at around 130 hours when I finished) I would still recommend finding a playthrough to watch on YouTube before diving into the anime. You just miss a lot of context and such if you go only the anime route. And I think the anime foreshadowing comes on a little too strongly.

Uhhh I identify as a human disaster. I think I've finally found my comfort zone with being nonbinary and using they/them pronouns, however when I look back at my life, I tend to go through like. Big chunks of feeling more male or female. I think I just got out of a very long male chunk bc I haven't minded femininity and she/her as much lately. But you can virtually call me by any pronouns and I'm pretty unbothered, really.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
Though you just moved there...

What do you like about Georgia compared to Alabama?
What don't you like about it?

And for a Persona question:
As someone thinking about getting into the series, what's the best way to do so?

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
Years
Will you ever release your dramatic reading of My Immortal to the public (half-asking on behalf of a friend *coughgeoffcough*)

Reactions: Nah

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Though you just moved there...

What do you like about Georgia compared to Alabama?
What don't you like about it?

And for a Persona question:
As someone thinking about getting into the series, what's the best way to do so?

I mean I've always been close enough to Georgia so on one hand, it's not a big deal, but like. I don't know where the fuck anything is and it's really frustrating, especially for someone like me that doesn't like to drive. I just kind of sit around the apartment applying for jobs and playing Kingdom Hearts. lol But living in Atlanta, it's more LGBT friendly which is already way better than basically the entirety of Alabama (bar Birmingham, anyway).

As far as getting into Persona, I'm probably not the best person to ask. I started with 5 and I have been working my way backwards, but in going from 5 to 4, that's when you would realize the massive difference in gameplay which may or may not appeal to you. If you're like me and you can easily fall back into how older JRPGs can be, I'd say the order you go doesn't matter entirely. They're like Final Fantasy in that they're separate on their own and don't have much to do with one another aside from easter eggs and such. Having only played 4 and 5 though, I would...maybe suggest going with 4 first? Because it will make you get into 5 and have a sigh of relief. I don't think it's saying too much to mention that there are simple things that are absent in 4 that are present in 5, like a place to save and leave the dungeon on every floor in 5 as opposed to absolutely nothing in 4, unless you have an item to leave. It's a little frustrating. As far as anything 3 and older, I can only go on hearsay. 3 seems to generally be very well liked, but the mechanics sound frustrating. 2 is also very well received, though it's split between two games, but apparently it works well. I've heard to skip the first game entirely unless you just want to play all the Persona titles.

...None of this word vomit probably helps lmfao. I tried???

When i mean f2p games, i mean "free-to-play", so, did you play or know ones?

Oh no, not particularly.

Will you ever release your dramatic reading of My Immortal to the public (half-asking on behalf of a friend *coughgeoffcough*)

God I feel like I do one of those like. At least once every few months now. Those vocaroo clips from long ago probably are gone now, sadly. I've read that thing enough to have favorite parts though, so each reading feels a little less authentic in my reactions, sadly.

Last edited:
Back