• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your Username?

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    I'm redo-ing my thread since it got wiped out. :)

So, why did you choose the username you did?

"Scarlet Lynn" has a long history. I was known as "Scarlet" online for about four years. Before that, I used to be called "Red."

I wanted to make a site back in 2004 called "Red's Anime," but I wanted it to be titled in Japanese. When I looked up "Red" in the Japanese-English dictionary, I saw that it was "Aka" in Japanese. The site became "Aka no Anime" and subsequently closed down two days later. XD;

Well, at least one good thing came out of that disaster site. :3 I found out later that "Aka" could also mean "Scarlet," which is a variation of the colour red, so I decided to take "Scarlet" as my online alias because it sounded more sophisticated. :D

The "Lynn" part was tacked on to my username because when I wanted to change my username from akaxrai, just "Scarlet" was taken. "Lynn" is my middle name in real life, so it fits! :D

So, what's the history behind your username?

Hazuki

delenda est.
    Years
    • Seen Apr 20, 2011
    The history behind mine? Well I saw this anime called Magical DoReMi. It was the dub version and my favorite character was the girl named Reanne. When I found out her name in japanese was "Hazuki," I was like, "OMG that's awesome!" =D

So I decided to name myself Hazuki at PC when I first joined. And then I found out there's a guy (And I mean a male) from Pokemon named Hazuki. -_-

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
    Years
    "Razer" is taken from my favourite robot in Robot Wars.

The "302" came from the first ever game I signed up to. Can't remember what that was now. Razer on its own was already and the best sounding one that I saw was Razer302. I use the name for every game and forum I sign up to.

Years
    Pokemon Trainer Jonny - Yeah...
    Wolf-Link - Zelda and wii preordered. [As soon as I got the game I seriously wanted a change]
    Typhlosion-Ex - Fave Pokemon...
    Skii - Random
    Babylon - The babylon rogues from sonic riders.

Years
    • Age 118
    • Seen Jan 25, 2022
    I spent many hours thinking of a name for runescape for my new account. I went through many names.Popalo, Zelatos and stuff like that.
    Z is my favourite letter so i decided it had to start with that. Then I started to get cross about not being able to thing of a name :< so I decided to have cross in it. Then the ana part was just what I thought would work well with Z and cross.

Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2016
    Latias Lover - My first name. The reason for the name is obvious. I soon changed it when I noticed it was a kind of n00bish name.
    Latias Master - Felt the need for a change. This lasted the longest of my usernames.
    Latias Tamer - Still in the Latias era. I got the Tamer part from the Dragon Tamers, a trainer type in the games.
    Dead or Alive - Mostly used on non-Pokemon sites, but I used it for so long I decided to use it on Pokemon sites. I got the idea for many reasons; a song I like by a band of the same name, the game series, and just the line itself.
    TameR - After a while I started to miss Latias Tamer as it was my favourite name. Seeing as I didn't really like Latias anymore, I removed that and made the R capitalized to make it more interesting.
    Black_Shadow - I only had this name on a few forums and that was only for a while. It was too boring, so I ditched it after a while. I guess it got its inspiration from a story I made, where the main character is actually destined to be evil o.o
    Nitro Typhoon - A member suggested this name.. I liked it the second I saw it and I kept it for a good while. I don't really know what it means XD
    Magmurder - A pun of Magmortar. It was my first pun name and didn't last very long.
    Houndoomed - My current name. A pun of course on Houndoom, my favourite Pokemon ever. I've had it for almost a year now, and it's probably the name that suits me most.

But now I'm looking for another Pokemon pun username. I'm thinking of changing to Torterror, a pun on Torterra. Suggestions welcome XD

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    雀 (suzume) is the Japanese kanji for sparrow. My general online alias is Hotaru Suzume, although the Suzume in that I use a different kanji for. I am actually not really using my name, but the generic Japanese word for sparrow — the reason for this I don't really know, but it's possibly due to the fact that I need but don't have the Arial Unicode font necessary to view the Suzume kanji I normally would use.

Chikara

ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ
    Years
    I choose Chikara because it's the name of a DDR song that I didn't actually find XD;

My friend found it, and she told me about it, and how she said it reminded her of me so I was like "k wtf" so I went and listened to it, and I still don't quite get it, but it's a good song~ And what's awesome, is I've officially had the high score on Heavy at the arcade on Chikara for... about 8 months now :D

And Chikara means power in Japanese, so that's effing awesome anyway.
    and I'll be Sorairo in a matter of... 2 or 3 months anyway XD;

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Nov 9, 2021
    Heatran is obviously from the Pokemon

Sadly there is no story behind it ;(

I want to be Virtual Chatot again D:

Last edited:

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
    I spent many hours thinking of a name for runescape for my new account. I went through many names.Popalo, Zelatos and stuff like that.
    Z is my favourite letter so i decided it had to start with that. Then I started to get cross about not being able to thing of a name :< so I decided to have cross in it. Then the ana part was just what I thought would work well with Z and cross.
    Oh, I thought it was like, "Z and a Cross" = Zanacross XDD oops ._.

Penguinpal6 - Some dumb name that my friend thought of. I'm sueing him for putting me into 4 months of hell >O
    Azonic - My best username so far. T_T
    clade. - Another dumb name. D: Therefore everyone still calls me Azzy. =D

What is it now, like 3 months away? D:
    It might be Azonic again ... or Akinari (second account) ... or Renegade in three months ... Or maybe I'm just dumb. T_T

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
    Short story (if you are in a hurry): It's a shortened version of my full name, Víctor Ventura. V. Vent. Went. Eh?

Long story: When some years ago I decided to register an account in Nintendo europe's webpage, I had to choose an username. Since everybody in the summercamp I had just returned from called me W (all my belongings were signed V. V. XD), I tried to use it, but it had already been taken by someone with as little imagination as me. So I had to make a new one, so I decided to simply add letters from my surname to the W. So, when I got "Went", I decided it was the best name I could get from my surname.

So, after years using it, I ended up liking it. I don't think I will change it soon.
    Ah! When it's taken, I usually add a 22 at the end, since 2 is my favourite number.

Cookie luvs Green

I am not a Trainer. I am Ash.
    Years
    A story by Mother Goose

Once upon a timelez +Elmogiggle+ I chose to be a Cookie luvs a Green Green of the Greenikins of the gracious little Emogreenikins from a Cookielicious Cookie Dough of the Cookieneccisty UH OH IT'S-TIME-TO-SING-EVERYONE!!!!!

Look for the bare necessities
    The simple bare necessities
    Forget about the Cookie and your life
    I mean the bare necessities
    Old Greenikin's recipes
    That brings the bare necessities of life

Wherever I wander, wherever I roam
    I couldn't be fonder of my big home
    The cookies are buzzin' in the tree
    To make some Green just for me
    When you look under the rocks and plants
    And take a glance at the fancy ants
    Then maybe try a few

The bare necessities of life will come to you
    They'll come to you! orly

STRAIGHT TO THE BIG DEAL:

Because I love Green and my nickernamlez is obviously and not so obviously Cookie because I blame my FRNEZ GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR GRDSfklaslfsdf
    SCRATCH SCRATCH THAAAATTTTTT:

I just thought it's beautiful.

BakingBluePotatoe

The Red Death Alchemist
    Years
    The history behind mine? Well I saw this anime called Magical DoReMi. It was the dub version and my favorite character was the girl named Reanne. When I found out her name in japanese was "Hazuki," I was like, "OMG that's awesome!" =D

So I decided to name myself Hazuki at PC when I first joined. And then I found out there's a guy (And I mean a male) from Pokemon named Hazuki. -_-

for some reason I had a feeling that ODRM had something to do wit ur name o_O

I forget why I choose this username... xDD

I think I still was obsessed with kitsunes though xD

Chibi-chan

The Freshmaker!
    Years
    Well, my first username I was going to use was Kura, but that was already taken.
    After that I decided to do [USERNAME WITHHELD].
    But, [USERNAME WITHHELD] was pretty long and absolutely boring. I also liked the forum, and it just didn't seem like a name worth remembering. So after a while of thought, I changed it to Chibi-chan. Chibi's are really cute, and 'chan's a friendly honorific. It was a cute and approachable name :3

Years
    • MA
    • Seen Jul 26, 2008
    Murderface-That totally Bad-ass bassiet from the fictional band "Dethklok" from the show "Metalocalypse." He was always my favorite character because I could relate to him in so many different ways <3

Toki_Wartooth-I changed my original account name to this after I got sick of "Murderface." He was the rhythm guitarist in "Dethklok."

Warheart-The name of a song by "Children of Bodom" on the album "Hatebreeder."

..After Warheart, I went back to Murderface out of lack of being able to think up a better username :D

.:LemonTea:.

omg. heart attack. o.o
    Years
    I always wanted Green Tea as my username, since I like green tea and to me to me it sounded like a pretty darn good username! :P

I tried making my username Green Tea on this forum a long time ago only to find that name taken, so I switched my name to Lemon Tea. Since I am the lazy person I am, and I am crazy about forgetting my username, I used Lemon Tea on all the forums I have been too.

Weatherman Kiyoshi

~Having one of THOSE days
    Years
    History of all my usernames:

Main account

Blaze121 - Loved fire types back then, and Blaze is way beter name than fire. and I thought there was already a blaze then, so I added the 121 for good measure.

~Enu~ - I wanted something without numbers, so I tryed ~~. and the Enu was a word I made up, and it remined me of tuna :D
    I <3 tuna.

Achamo - My fav pokemon is Torchic, and so I took it's japanese name and used it for a username.

Achamo-chan - I got in touch with myself, and so I added a -chan to prove I could pull it off having it in my name. It worked :P

Acha - I did my reasearch, and I found there was another "Achamo-chan" on the web.
    so I went with more unique-ness, and ended up with Acha.

Second account

Gokushowron - On cartoon orbit, there is a username generator. My first one ended up as Juliegokushowron. I really liked the name, so I still claim it today. so, for my second account, I caught off the julie and got gokushowron.

Dr. Pichu - After I saw a great banner of pichu, I loved it. then after I saw a person called... "Dr. Linoone" (I think?) I added the Dr. to pichu. Dr. + pichu = Dr. Pichu!!!

Dr. Octagonapus - The lazor collection from dom fera on youtube. Watch it and it will be obvious where I got this one from XD

And that's it. wow... lotta names, an't it? XD

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    Since I explain it wherever I go:

We'll start with Hanako. When I was beginning to write Digimon fanfiction, one of my favorite pieces to read for inspiration was the unpublished "DeviDestined". It's not found on any website. The fic was written by my brother. He never finished the darn thing.

One of the characters in the fic goes by the name "Michael Tabris". I knew that my brother used that name as his Internet persona for a while. (I don't know if he still does.) Well, Michael has a sister by the name of Hanako Tabris. When I wanted a good name to call myself on the Pokemon forums, and become known as, "Hanako Tabris" seemed to be a pretty good name. Unfortunately, I picked up the habit of calling myself by that name in the real world.

(The character Hanako Tabris is an archmagus. She has a great move where all she does is touch someone and she blasts a hole in that person's chest. =3)

I wanted a name change because of The Sims 2. I thought it would be a good idea to have a Tabris legacy. Things got really confusing, and I realized that Sim!Hanako is a little empty in the brains department.

As for Astinus, it's the name of a character from my favorite fantasy book series, DragonLance. Astinus is a chronicler, writing the events of the world. Since I'm a writer, I felt the name would fit me. Plus, he's the embodiment of a god, and I'm the god to my Sims.

-

Hazuki said:
    And then I found out there's a guy (And I mean a male) from Pokemon named Hazuki. -_-
    Which is where I thought you got the name from, given my obsession over the character. ._.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back