• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: GBA Item Editor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
GBA Item Editor​
Okay this is probably one of the only GBA Pokemon hacking tools not to be floating around. So I made one.You may not trust it, because of my previous hacking tools, but this one's a lot better than my previous ones. Please let me know if you find any bugs, that's the only way I can fix them.

Currently Supports English Versions of:
Fire Red
Leaf Green
Emerald
Ruby
Sapphire

Currently Features:
Name Changing
Price Editing
Some Item Function Editing
Pockets stored
Description Editing and Repointing
TM/HM Attack Editing
Special Values Editing (Which control things like how much Potion heals, Repel Steps, etc.)
Preview-1.png

Okay there's also one more tool at the bottom that is an update of my older tool to change the titlescreen cry. Supports Hoenn Pokemon.
Downloads at bottom in attachments.

Since close to no-one reads readmes. I'll add any credits I wanted to give here.
Hackmew for Clscommondialog taken from APE
Darthatron for Hex Editing Functions module. (I'm lazy. :P)
Elitemap Creators mdlTextSapp module.
Foofatron for details on Title Screen Cry

Last edited:

AmineX

Music Expert
Years
Waw exactly what i ever need awsome idea,awsome tool i'm so happy finally someone take the initiative to make same this tool and this person is you thethethethe thanks you alot!!!!!!!!!!!

Years
Looks good, great idea. ^^. And you know you can put the manifest file into a resource file, right? :P Makes it look cleaner.
I didn't know I could do that... :P

Waw exactly what i ever need awsome idea,awsome tool i'm so happy finally someone take the initiative to make same this tool and this person is you thethethethe thanks you alot!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks.

I've just touched this up slightly. I fixed up a couple of minor bugs I just noticed, and I changed it to use ini files instead of internal calling of pointers. And like Darthatron said would be a good idea, I removed the manifest file to embed it into the program.

Last edited:

Swampert 22

Is making tools for you...
Years
Very good work thethethethe, I'm glad to see you're back programming for us! I'm looking forward to more great stuff from you! ;)

Gamer2020

Accept no Imitations!
Years
Great tool.
I plan on testing soon so idk if its great for sure... but it probably is.
No doubting the great thethethethe. lol.

*Edit*
picture.php

I have a question about these spaces.
Are they blank spaces where we can just add items or what?
I'm a little currious about this.

Last edited:

nemesish

Azure Trainer
Years
Thanks for the tool.
This will be very useful.

off topic: Does anybody know if there´s a tool like this for GSC?

Souls1996

The guy who loves Eevees
Years
Nice Thethethethe! These will be very useful with Peoples Pokemon Hacks! ^^

Years
Very good work thethethethe, I'm glad to see you're back programming for us! I'm looking forward to more great stuff from you! ;)
What! swapert22's here. Since when did you return from your break?
Great tool.

*Edit*
picture.php

Those are just empty spaces. You could add items with them if you wanted, I guess.
Just a question:
If all the items show up with weird letters and all this other stuff, is it my ROM?
You could try closing the program and reloading it, because that thing happened to me once, but only once and with the attack names.
And make sure the ini is with it if its the download I added last night.

Darthatron

巨大なトロール。
Years
Great tool.

*Edit*
picture.php

You could make items, but they would need to be Key Items, because nobody knows how to change what items do.
I didn't know I could do that... :P\
Yeah, it's pretty cool. And you can also use Icons with Alpha blends. :D Hit me up on MSN for how to do it.

Years
You could make items, but they would need to be Key Items, because nobody knows how to change what items do.
Actually there's some offsets in the item data that seem to point to things involving an items use. I just haven't checked it out yet.

Okay, I couldn't help myself I had to edit it a little more.
I fixed one little bug that only occurred when you tried to re-point description data to a part of an expanded ROM. So it now is compatible with repointing in an expanded ROM area.
I also changed some things to prevent some possible bugs that could have occurred. Like setting the max value for price and index, which is 65535 (0xFFFF).

Darthatron

巨大なトロール。
Years
Actually there's some offsets in the item data that seem to point to things involving an items use. I just haven't checked it out yet.

Okay, I couldn't help myself I had to edit it a little more.
I fixed one little bug that only occurred when you tried to re-point description data to a part of an expanded ROM. So it now is compatible with repointing in an expanded ROM area.
I also changed some things to prevent some possible bugs that could have occurred. Like setting the max value for price and index, which is 65535 (0xFFFF).

Indeed, but when I did research on those (Like... a year ago. xD) I didn't find anything... But, I was pretty stupid back then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back