• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Your opinions of B/W Pokémon - Favourites and Least Favourites

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
619.png

Kojondo has a pre-evolution? (I think)
/was just skimming though the sprites list. I swear I've never seen it before. XD;

It looks like Winnie the Pooh.

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
Years
That's true, but either way, I still prefer them to Roserade. XD; Churine looks like a much better Oddish and Roselia though, so that's...good? :D

But Roserade is the most pro grass pokemon ever made :O Doreida is a little... large, but it has excellent moves. I love Churine, waaaayy better than Bellsprout and Oddish and Hoppip, but probably tied with Budew. Churine is such a little cutie <3

LOL Winnie the Pooh... That'll be a first!

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
619.png

Kojondo has a pre-evolution? (I think)
/was just skimming though the sprites list. I swear I've never seen it before. XD;

It looks like Winnie the Pooh.
Well, now that you said that, Kojofuu does remind me of Winnie the Pooh. Also, I can't help but think about that Kung Fu Fighting song by Carl Lewis when I look at Kojondo and Kojofuu.

Also, does anyone have any thoughts on these Pokemon?:
589.png

Shubarugo

617.png

Agirudaa

605.png
606.png

Riguree and Oobemu

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I like the two alien creatures. I hope they have some sort of interesting backstory.
/hasn't been paying attention

The other two, idc about. Though, the pre-evo of one of them looks like something you would eat as seafood? D:

Years
@Nica

May I present the Pokedex entries?

Riguree
It suddenly appeared from across the desert 50 years ago. A Pokemon no one has seen that day.

Oobemu
It uses its psychic powers to manipulate its foes' brains and rewrites their memory.

Riguree is referencing from the common Roswell conspiracy, and Oobemu is referencing from mind manipulation, a common thing told by abductees. Especially how it rewrites their memory.

King Gumball

Years
I like the two alien creatures. I hope they have some sort of interesting backstory.
/hasn't been paying attention

The other two, idc about. Though, the pre-evo of one of them looks like something you would eat as seafood? D:

They are based on the Roswell alien conspiracy (as the user stated above me [sorry cant... type your name XP ]), I have know idea what story they may have in pokemon though.

I love their dex entries... Spooky. Not a pokemon I would train o_O

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
....Yeah clearly I haven't been paying enough attention. XDD;

I like that they do actually look like aliens, compared to other Pokemon who look like aliens but are just random creatures. >> I hope they have significance in the third game, if they don't have much in B/W already.

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
Years
They are based on the Roswell alien conspiracy (as the user stated above me [sorry cant... type your name XP ]), I have know idea what story they may have in pokemon though.

I love their dex entries... Spooky. Not a pokemon I would train o_O

InfernoTsunami it is, and quite spooky.

Pumpkin Fields

King of Carrot Flowers
Years
Well, now that you said that, Kojofuu does remind me of Winnie the Pooh. Also, I can't help but think about that Kung Fu Fighting song by Carl Lewis when I look at Kojondo and Kojofuu.

Also, does anyone have any thoughts on these Pokemon?:
589.png

Shubarugo

617.png

Agirudaa

I adore these two. Agirudaa caught my attention immediately. I plan to have both of them on my team eventually.

605.png
606.png

Riguree and Oobemu

I'm not too into the designs, but I love what they're based on. I think they're incredibly interesting, I can't wait to see what part they play in the anime.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
@Nica

May I present the Pokedex entries?

Riguree
It suddenly appeared from across the desert 50 years ago. A Pokemon no one has seen that day.

Oobemu
It uses its psychic powers to manipulate its foes' brains and rewrites their memory.

Riguree is referencing from the common Roswell conspiracy, and Oobemu is referencing from mind manipulation, a common thing told by abductees. Especially how it rewrites their memory.
Oobemu's powers remind me of Namine's powers from the Kingdom hearts series...I know what I'm naming mine...

Giraffe

キリンリキ
Years
My favourites are; Jalorda, Erufuun, Mebukijika (Their forms are awesome!) and Virizion.

I'm quite a fan of Grass Pokemon ^_^

Years
  • Seen Aug 7, 2013
Favourite Pokémon

What is/are your favourite pokémon? Are you using it/them on Black or White? What moves are you teaching them? :)

Thyplozard

Pokemon Black White Fan
Years
my favourite pokemon is Zeburaika, he is in my team :D
and I like Emboar(current is Chaobuu) and Warubiaru(current is Warubiru)
Teaching to Zeburaika electric and normal moves

Last edited:

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Merged with your opinions of B/W Pokemon, since that's basically the same thing.

Oh and if you're using older Pokemon on your team, then you can post that in the B/W team thread.

Last edited:

Devil Flamingo

→ Loves Defense
Years
I also think that the new "Bellosom/ Roserade" is quite cute and seems way more powerful than the other two...though roserade does have two types unlike this new grass beauty, but then again Poison isn't as helpful to have a secondary type on a grass pokemon sadly so I guess this one is "better"

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL!!!!!

please, please, PLEASE tell me that you're kidding. Roserade everywhere are loling at you rn.

Doredia may have Butterfly Dance, Sleep Powder, and Petal Dance, but that's all she wrote. Its defenses aren't that much better, it's spA isn't as high, and its speed is the same, not to mention no Natural Cure or Technician. Did I mention Doredia's idea of type coverage is Hidden Power + Dream Eater, lol? Meanwhile Roserade can abuse Extrasensory, Weather Ball, Shadow Ball, Sludge Bomb, and if it has Technician its Hidden Power and Magical Leaf get pumped up (ML basically becomes Aura Sphere, since it never misses). What else... oh yeah, Roserade can Spikes and Toxic Spikes, as well as SubSeed better than Doredia because its Sludge Bomb will kill any Grass types coming in to ruin the SubSeeding fun.

tl;dr - Roserade >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Doredia

Roserade is OU (tho this gen it'll prolly be BL, maybe), whereas Doredia is deffo UU, because it has no versatility to speak of. Any smart battler out there who plays UU will know Doredia almost always runs Petal Dance, Butterfly Dance and two other moves, usually status-inducing ones; knowing this it's very easy to counter because you can just switch in Altaria or whatever to lol @ it while it's locked in PD (even if it doesn't get confused). Speaking of Altaria, it lolz @ Sleep Powder thanks to Natural Cure. Essentially, Doredia is great, but its versatility is nonexistent.

Now that Roserade can have Natural Cure OR Technician (only Grass type who can abuse Technician from the special spectrum with its whopping 125 SpA, since Breloom is physically offensive, so they perform very differently). Oh lol did i mention Technician Roserade's Grass Knot gets pumped when it'd normally have less than 60 power? So even lightweight Water types are threatened by her (I think Magical Leaf is better tho). XD

GameFreak is gonna have to do a LOT better than Doredia if they wanna replace Roserade, lmfao.

Last edited:

King Gumball

Years

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL!!!!!

please, please, PLEASE tell me that you're kidding. Roserade everywhere are loling at you rn.

Doredia may have Butterfly Dance, Sleep Powder, and Petal Dance, but that's all she wrote. Its defenses aren't that much better, it's spA isn't as high, and its speed is the same, not to mention no Natural Cure or Technician. Did I mention Doredia's idea of type coverage is Hidden Power + Dream Eater, lol? Meanwhile Roserade can abuse Extrasensory, Weather Ball, Shadow Ball, Sludge Bomb, and if it has Technician its Hidden Power and Magical Leaf get pumped up (ML basically becomes Aura Sphere, since it never misses). What else... oh yeah, Roserade can Spikes and Toxic Spikes, as well as SubSeed better than Doredia because its Sludge Bomb will kill any Grass types coming in to ruin the SubSeeding fun.

tl;dr - Roserade >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Doredia

Roserade is OU (tho this gen it'll prolly be BL, maybe), whereas Doredia is deffo UU, because it has no versatility to speak of. Any smart battler out there who plays UU will know Doredia almost always runs Petal Dance, Butterfly Dance and two other moves, usually status-inducing ones; knowing this it's very easy to counter because you can just switch in Altaria or whatever to lol @ it while it's locked in PD (even if it doesn't get confused). Speaking of Altaria, it lolz @ Sleep Powder thanks to Natural Cure. Essentially, Doredia is great, but its versatility is nonexistent.

Now that Roserade can have Natural Cure OR Technician (only Grass type who can abuse Technician from the special spectrum with its whopping 125 SpA, since Breloom is physically offensive, so they perform very differently). Oh lol did i mention Technician Roserade's Grass Knot gets pumped when it'd normally have less than 60 power? So even lightweight Water types are threatened by her (I think Magical Leaf is better tho). XD

GameFreak is gonna have to do a LOT better than Doredia if they wanna replace Roserade, lmfao.

Your posts = Win.

Yeah Doreida will never replace Roserade. It is better than Bellossom and Vileplume though. Doreida just needs a wider variety of moves, as its move set in competitive battling is way too predictable. I think Doreida badly needs a poison like Roserade. Overall though Doreida is a rather powerful grass type, its stats are fine and when you compare her to Sunflora and Jumpluff and basically all the non starter grass types and Exeggutor and Roserade it is pretty damn good.

Devil Flamingo

→ Loves Defense
Years
...XD Why does everyone misspell Doredia's JP name? It's Doredia not Doreida. Not pointing it out because of you, KG; I actually see it misspelled everywhere, even in deviantART. I don't get why, heh.

Anyways, I don't necessarily think she needs a Poison typing, more like any typing besides pure Grass. As anyone with a keen eye and fair knowledge of Grass types well knows, monotyping usually spells nonexistent type coverage. Compare the movepools of Torterra & Roserade with those of Jaroda and Doredia and you'll see what I mean.

That's why when I found out so many Grassers were pure this gen, I was severely disappointed, even more so when I realized the great potential some of these guys have with all those decent stats, but their small movepools hinder them greatly. For every move that pogeys like Jaroda and Doredia get, Torterra and Roserade get at least 2-3 more, seriously.

Anyways, Doredia's grown on me a lot, so I look forward to using her, especially because she gets Stun Spore + Teeter Dance, which is so much win you don't even know (especially competitively, there's no rule as to how many pogeys can be paralysed, and confusion usually prompts switches). I am disappointed by her abilities, though... Own Tempo saved her, but Leaf Guard and Chlorophyll? Seriously? Talk about epic fail; even Mebukijika got Serene Grace via DW, which would have been perfect for her... or even anything, really. Anything Sun-based (Chlorophyll, Leaf Guard, Solar Power) is usually not that great on a Grass type, because Fire is everywhere, and only Ludicolo and Cradily (neither of whom can/should be using Sunny Day) take neutral damage from Fire attacks.

Still, after one Butterfly Dance, Doredia is essentially Roserade, and anything that does not resist Petal Dance will be taking quite a bit of damage from her max spA (there is NO reason, EVER, to NOT have Doredia with a modest OR timid nature and/or 252 in spA and speed respectively, just like Roserade). It's too bad it cannot do anything else... literally, it cannot. Butterfly Dance and Petal Dance are its two "signature" moves, and then you can have either Stun Spore + Teeter Dance or Sleep Powder and Hidden Power, or both Sleep Powder and Stun Spore (so you can B-Dance or P-Dance stuff on the switch).

It's so outclassed by Roserade, it's not even funny. But in turn it outclasses every flowery Grass type ever; Doredia is the Grass queen of UU, there's no reason to ever use Bellossom or Sunflora over her, and in singles (but not in doubles or triples) there's no reason to use Cherrim over Doredia, either. Vileplume is still decent, though, and his higher defense paired with Effect Spore could be interesting, not to mention Toxic + Venom Shock is bound to be fun. Personally, however, I'm just gonna stick to Doredia.

...Isn't it funny how all this new weed literally makes the old weed irrelevant? No, seriously, think about it. Roserade outclasses Venusaur, Vileplume and Victreebel offensively, and Toxshroom outclasses Venusaur and Vileplume defensively (higher HP, higher defenses). And then you have Tangrowth which outclasses Meganium (and Leafeon, but he's not old weed, plus he can BP) both offensively and defensively, and now Doredia renders the existence of Bellossom and Sunflora meaningless; there's nothing those guys can do that Roserade, Tangrowth and Doredia cannot, pretty much.

Hey now, don't take offense if you like Kanto and Johto Grass types. I like them too, I'm just saying GF is basically "in with the new, out with the old" so even though I like them I have no intention of using these guys anymore; as much as I like Sunflora, Doredia does everything better, and while I like Jumpluff, it's incredibly inferior to Elfoon, and while I love Venusaur and Vileplume, I'm just gonna use Roserade instead. We have a lot of Grass and Water types, and I'm sure I'm not the only one who has noticed that if you tend to train either type regularly (I do; Grass and Water are my fave types, and I always have at least one or two in my teams), it gets repetitive and boring very, very, very quickly. XD

...Oh lol, I forgot Carnivine and Marakachi. Yeah, don't waste your time trying to use those things even if you're fond of it. They're sad trash despite their cool designs, which is one of the things I hate about GF: why make cool Pokemon that you KNOW aren't going to be used if everyone and their grandma outclasses it? Levitate and Water Absorb is hardly a good enough reason to use these two things; Doredia and Tangrowth both have worse abilities and they're still better (well actually Tangrowth now has Regeneration via DW which is epic win).

King Gumball

Years
...XD Why does everyone misspell Doredia's JP name? It's Doredia not Doreida. Not pointing it out because of you, KG; I actually see it misspelled everywhere, even in deviantART. I don't get why, heh.

Doreida was the first spelling of the pokemon (when it was first released at most sites). Just as Jarooda was called that in Veekun but it now has changed now that B/W is out to Jalorda. And Chandeera and Shandeera. Shandeera was what it was originally spelled as, with people spelling it as Chandeera (or something like that). It has now changed to Shandera . There were just different/alternate ways to spell some of the B/W pokemon as the pokemon were being released.

Everything will be spelled fine when the English names are out though :P

Scorpio219

PM me for custom banners
Years
  • Seen Jun 9, 2013
5th gen: should have been a Evo/prevo pokemon

what pokemon in the 5th gen did you think were deffinately an evo/prevo but werent. also who mad their was only one new evolution this gen for the loser luvdics

for me i thought Monmen was a abamasnow baby form

I was sure that Basuao was a prevo carvanna

And thought that Baffuron was a taurons evo.
626.png
Did i miss any, do u agree/disagree, what do you think?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
This seems to fit in more with the B/W Pokemon thread, since you're discussing your opinions regarding whether they should have been evolutions or not (and it wouldn't directly fit into the evolutions one).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back