• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Your opinions of B/W Pokémon - Favourites and Least Favourites

Status
Not open for further replies.

RockmanEXE

Unova?
Years
  • Your opinions of B/W Pokémon - Favourites and Least Favourites

Best design over all. Let 'em sag.

Your opinions of B/W Pokémon - Favourites and Least Favourites

Do not want. Looks like Chimecho and Unown had a baby.

WORST DESIGN EVER. It literally seems like they took the drawing of a 5 year old and converted it into a living, breathing Pokemon. Yuck.

dragon0fangz

account moved to 649
    Years
  • also, I like all of the designs. none are too bad. but one, just one pokemon makes me literally shudder every time i see it. I hate it. I hate the way it looks. I hate how it makes me want to throw up. I hope I never have to see it, but i know i will, because its very common.

Spoiler:

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
  • Hmm...now I'm thinking Doredia could have been a Cherrim evo (with its shiny coloration, at least)

Basurao
    could've been a Carvanha pre-evo

:P

And the Fakemon Aparuka could've been an evo for Monmen and Erufuun...?

Not to mention the Luvdisc>Mamenbou deal I mentioned earlier. :pink_cry:

Though I'm glad Buffalon/Buffafro isn't a Tauros evo, because Tauros looks BA by itself while Buffalon slightly looks goofy. Plus, I prefer Tauros's color scheme to Buffalon's, mainly with the horns and skin color. Although it does make a lot of sense for them to be related...

ZEROMARK

Glitch pokemon Prof.
    Years
  • My favorite pkmn for gen 5 is Kirikizan for sure, although I dont much like talking about the gen5 pkmn using their jpn names. I wish that the english names would b reveled soon.

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years

• Scorpio:---- Luvdisc never ended up evolving into Manembou, Manembou was just like a replacement of Luvdisc.

what pokemon in the 5th gen did you think were deffinately an evo/prevo but werent. also who mad their was only one new evolution this gen for the loser luvdics

for me i thought Monmen was a abamasnow baby form

I was sure that Basuao was a prevo carvanna

And thought that Baffuron was a taurons evo.
    Did i miss any, do u agree/disagree, what do you think?

As for Tauros into Buffalon, I didn't think Tauros would have evolved into it because of the tails. Baffalon hasn't go interesting/more than one/long tails.

Devil Flamingo

→ Loves Defense
    Years
  • I've only just noticed.
    There are virtually no opinions on Gigigear anywhere.
    So start discussing. ^_^
    (pic is my avatar)

I can't stand the thing, sorry. XD But it's not just him, don't worry. I actually don't like most Steel types in existence, at least not enough to use them. And I knew the minute I saw Gear that I would not like whatever the hell it turned into; the design of the entire line is incredibly off-putting to me, but then again, Pokemon that are inanimate objects are not my cup of tea; all my faves are either plants (rosebush) or animals (giant pacific oyster, green snake, ocean sunfish, giant tortoise), so stuff like Chandelar and Gigigiarl don't appeal to me. :>

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    So start discussing. ^_^
    (pic is my avatar)
    When I first saw Giaru (its pre-evolved form), I thought it was rather unoriginal, and was a Magnemite/Bronzor rip-off. Later, I saw its evolved forms, and still didn't take a liking to it (because when Giaru evolves, additions are added to its overall appearance, especially in Gigiaru to Gigigiaru). I do like their signature moves, though (Gear Saucer being a Steel counterpart to Bonemerang and Gear Change being a combination of Agility and Howl). Gigigiaru's movepool is pretty limited, though. I'd rate this Pokemon a 6/10.

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years

• I can't stand the thing, sorry. XD But it's not just him, don't worry. I actually don't like most Steel types in existence, at least not enough to use them. And I knew the minute I saw Gear that I would not like whatever the hell it turned into; the design of the entire line is incredibly off-putting to me, but then again, Pokemon that are inanimate objects are not my cup of tea; all my faves are either plants (rosebush) or animals (giant pacific oyster, green snake, ocean sunfish, giant tortoise), so stuff like Chandelar and Gigigiarl don't appeal to me. :>

I much prefer Magnetmite and Magneton and Magnezone over all of the gears. They are okay, thy don't bother me, the design is just way too complex on Gigigear for it's own good.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    I actually LIKE Gigigear... I honestly don't know why but I do.

Obelisk

Toad Sage
    Years
    So start discussing. ^_^
    (pic is my avatar)

Not liking it to much. It just seems strange and not my cup of tea.

Like Devil Flamingo, I'm not a big fan of inanimate object pokemon. Shanderra doesn't appeal to me either.

The Red Chain

Gigigear.. hated this thing's line the first moment I saw it. Gear I didn't mind so much, but it's just adding on a gear and the first two gears don't even change position throughout the whole line. I'm saying the latter cause I don't want people throwing Magneton at me. It really got screwed in terms of stats and movepool. Not one physical electric move, and it has that nifty base 100 attack it can't make use of.

It's kind of useless if you ask me. Gear Saucer is also the only physical steel move that it has, and that alone is not gonna help it in any way. It has great stat-up moves, like Gear Change and Body Purge, but how useful are those when you don't have any good STAB physical moves? Base 70 Sp. Atk is not viable enough to make good use of this thing's movepool. The only good thing about it is Hyper Beam upon level up. But alas, he only has that base 70 Sp. Atk to wave around.

Overall? It sucks.

Amai

やった! 私はあまい
    Years
  • Gigigear has a rather strange design. But in my opinion, strange is good. I like the whole complexity of the gears on it. To be honest, I am surprised Gear did not turn into a clock.

My opinion on it is that it is good. Although I don't like its design as much as some others, so it's just good and not fantastic. :3

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back