• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I'm a little bit oshy.

Years
  • Hi I'm Nichole, but most of you may know also know me as Hikari, Hikamaru, Hika or oshyhikari. I'm a female in her early 20's with autism from Sydney, all the way down in Australia. I joined here in March 2011 after I was badly treated at another forum and I wanted to escape from there, so I came across this community and I wanted to find people to talk about Pokemon with, so I decided to eventually sign up after years spent lurking as a guest. No, I didn't join for ROM hacks lol. I became a Tier 4 PC Supporter in October 2012, but eventually got upgraded to Tier 5.

I currently have 2 wonderful pairs - Starry Windy and awolfsquared. awolfsquared, my first pair and I bonded in May 2013, I took him on board since I rarely spoke to one of my pairs anymore. My latest pair, Starry Windy joined my club in September that year because he sorta looked up to me as a member but oh well.I love them all. I also hang out on PC's Pokemon Showdown server, as Hikamaru, in hope I eventually become a pro in competitive battling. I have a Tumblr page as well, under the username handle oshyhikari.

Hobbies? I used do work at a factory 3 days a week, which I have been doing since September 2012 but worker conflict led to me taking extended absence, but I did do quite a few different jobs before that, including at a supermarket and even at a McDonald's restaurant. I also love listening to music, watching TV and of course, play my Pokemon games. My fave Pokemon games are Black & White and Black 2 & White 2, I love Water-type Pokemon, and my fave Pokemon is Oshawott! I also love Australian TV, Magical Girl-based anime, satirical comedy, My Little Pony (yeah I'm a Brony lol), cute Japanese stuff, adorable celebrities and well, Pokemon of course. Yeah very odd interests I have (which sorta explains my unusual choices for avatars/sigs) but they are very unique indeed!

So yeah, go pile the questions on me!

Last edited:
    Years
  • Honest question here, why do you think so highly of the supporter status? It's not that different from being a regular member (imo), but you make it seem as if it's something godly.

It's because Supporters get nice profiles, and I like that feature. In fact, most of my recent profiles could only be made by Supporters. I did use plain colors (like regular members) for a bit but my profile looked a bit bland.

How did you start getting into competitive battling? And what kind of factory do you work at?

Well, it was Forever who got me into competitive battling, and joining the Showdown server as a result. As for the factory, it's for packaging. A job I often find myself terrible at.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • What's your favorite water starter line, aside from Oshawott's?

Do you still hate Wikileaks or is that sooo 2011?

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2024
    What do you do to cheer yourself up when you're sad?

When people pick on you, how do you handle it and keep a smile on your face?

Her

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    You've mentioned throughout your time on here that you have autism, how have you learned to deal with it over the years? How has your mother handled it? Are you fine with it nowadays?
    I'm asking because my mother has a friend with two autistic sons, and I know her/their story, so I'd like to know yours.

Years
  • What's your favorite water starter line, aside from Oshawott's?

Do you still hate Wikileaks or is that sooo 2011?

I'd have to say, Piplup because of Dawn in the anime.

It's like, soooooooo two years ago gurl! In fact, someone's signature made me find it funny.

What do you do to cheer yourself up when you're sad?

When people pick on you, how do you handle it and keep a smile on your face?

I usually like to have a nice nap, yeah I'm weird lol.

I'm very prone to bullying and getting picked on, so I have trouble handling it. Last week when I went grocery shopping some guy creeped up on me and made me want to never go in the shopping center ever again.

You've mentioned throughout your time on here that you have autism, how have you learned to deal with it over the years? How has your mother handled it? Are you fine with it nowadays?
    I'm asking because my mother has a friend with two autistic sons, and I know her/their story, so I'd like to know yours.

I often found it hard living with this condition, because I have trouble making friends outside of the internet, and I had trouble interacting in groups. As for my mother, she knows how hard it is because I'm not the only one with autism in the family. My brother has it too. I am fine now but I sometimes tend to go into psychotic episodes if something goes wrong.

Last edited:

Melody

Banned
    Years
  • Where do you get all your quirky but awesome images for your themes?

Do you consider yourself more tomboyish, as if "one of the guys" or more feminine, as in "one of the girls"?

Years
  • Where do you get all your quirky but awesome images for your themes?

Tumblr of course! I use it as the source of most images that eventually go into my avatars/sigs/profiles. My current avatar wasn't from Tumblr though, I screencapped it from a YouTube video. Also, that Oshawott background on my profile is actually transparent but I decided to fill it with blue so it fits Oshawott's general color scheme. However, some of my Pokemon, cartoon or anime-based themes use images from DeviantArt.

Do you consider yourself more tomboyish, as if "one of the guys" or more feminine, as in "one of the girls"?

Given most groups I've been in throughout school and social life were male-dominant, I've always been a tomboy. Being exposed to so many men made me think like one, sometimes I even got asked about my gender here lol.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • What is your least favorite Pokemon?

What is your favorite kind of ice cream? (Unless you're lactose intolerant then OOPS)

What is your favorite kind of music? I noticed that you seem to have varied tastes, which is awesome. I just wanted to know which out of the many is your fave, haha.

Years
  • What is your least favorite Pokemon?

Garbodor. It is purely trash, ugliest Poison-type ever lol.

What is your favorite kind of ice cream? (Unless you're lactose intolerant then OOPS)

I love chocolate best, but I mainly prefer fruit sorbet.

What is your favorite kind of music? I noticed that you seem to have varied tastes, which is awesome. I just wanted to know which out of the many is your fave, haha.

Dance music, which is the complete opposite of what my mother usually loves. I mean, it has such catchy tunes and is played often on radios every Friday and Saturday night!

TheFattestSnorlax

New year, new possibilities
    Years
  • Oh god it's another one of these bandwagon type threads. Let's get's this done with questions I don't know that I want to ask:

Since when did you take up interest in Shaun Micallef?

How come I don't see you online often nowadays?

What is your favorite 1st gen Pokemon?

Will you be my gf?

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jul 11, 2022
    Why Pokecommunity? You've mentioned times before that you are also a part of other forum sites devoted to Pokemon, but what other than your friends you've made keeps you here?

Years
  • If you could play one of the murderers on Mr. and Mrs. Murder, how would you kill your victim? How would you be caught?

I would have probably have left them in a cold place and the person would have frozen to death. As for how I would get caught, probably see something I dropped.

Oh god it's another one of these bandwagon type threads. Let's get's this done with questions I don't know that I want to ask:

Since when did you take up interest in Shaun Micallef?

How come I don't see you online often nowadays?

What is your favorite 1st gen Pokemon?

Will you be my gf?

Well I haven't heard of the guy until 2009 but after I watched an episode of his celebrity game show Talkin' 'Bout Your Generation and I literally cracked up and could not stop laughing.

Probably because I'm getting ready for work lol.

Pikachu, cos he's the mascot of Pokemon!

And yeah I would be your girlfriend.

What is it that you like about Australian humor so much? What do you like about Shaun Micallef?

Well, my love for Australian humor came courtesy of my brother, who introduced me to a satirical comedy series by The Chaser (you may have seen them in one of my avatars/sigs) and my love for satirical comedy has since stuck.

As for the second part of your question, I think he's really intelligent compared to most comedians, but that's because he was a solicitor before pursuing comedy.

Why Pokecommunity? You've mentioned times before that you are also a part of other forum sites devoted to Pokemon, but what other than your friends you've made keeps you here?

The fact the topics are very diverse and there's new improvements every day.

Last edited:

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Do you think Pokemon has helped you out with your social issues (as mentioned)? How? Do you think Pokemon can help others, or do you have advice for others with a similar upbringing?

Years
  • If you could have one Pokemon ,besides Oshawott , in real life, which one would you have?

I'd have a Cinccino, it's fur is just so beautiful and it's cute and a tough fighter as well!

Do you think Pokemon has helped you out with your social issues (as mentioned)? How? Do you think Pokemon can help others, or do you have advice for others with a similar upbringing?

I guess you could say Pokemon, and presumably PC in general did help me with most of my social issues because Pokemon has a big memberbase that's still going strong. Pokemon is like one of the best ways to improve social issues because it makes you learn new things every day!

If it helped me, it can help anyone!

Back