• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Change

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
Years
Given recent events (but without reference to them, please...) I thought that this'd be a pretty interesting and relevant thread to make.

What do you think of change and how do you react to it?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
Contrary to what some may think, I'm pretty indifferent to change. It depends on what the change is that determines how I respond to it. Generally, I like change more than keeping things the same, because changing something renews my interest in it and I find it to be pretty exciting, but big things are things that make me very uncomfortable, like moving, entering a different stage in your life (like graduating high school and moving away to college, or graduating college and entering the work field), or other things like that.

You wouldn't read a book or watch a TV show where the same thing keeps happening, would you? I guess that's the frame of mind that I have regarding change. Even though those things make me uncomfortable, it changes things up and makes things more interesting and less stagnant and stale, and I think that's important in life.

As far as PC is concerned, I'll almost always prefer change to keeping things the same, and I don't really understand the "If it isn't broken, don't fit it." mind frame some people tend to have. It's also something that generally frustrates me more than anything else here. That being said, I do understand that some people are uncomfortable with change, but that still doesn't really hold back the thought that those people are generally holding things back.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
I don't like change much for the sake of change.. however, I love improvement or don't mind change if there is a valid reason for it. I like my routine though and I tend to stick to a routine.

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
Despite my reaction to the recent events Razor's talking about, I don't mind most change as long as it's a good change or for a valid reason. If it's changing something for no reason , then I can't stand it and it's pointless.

For example, I like when an artists/bands changes their style cause it shows they're willing to experiment with their sound. It's boring when an artist keeps the same style throughout their career. Every album should be different, even if it's only a little bit. Though if the change in style doesn't actually sound good or if they just change their style cause their record label makes them, than I can't say I really like that.

When it comes to a website, such as PC, I don't mind changes as long as it's gonna beneficial to the site. If it's just a new feature that's pointless or serves no purpose, then not so much. Though it does bother me when people complain about every single change (i.e. Facebook or new generations of Pokemon) something makes. I really wish people would learn to accept new things sometimes.

Years
If change isn't really necessary I dislike it but sometimes it is necessary and in the case it is, I generally like it.

However in both situations I mentioned above, it takes time for me to adapt to change and sometimes it could take a short while and sometimes a long while, depending on what was changed.

Years
I'm autistic... needless to say change and I are not friends.

That being said I do recognise that change is an important and often necessary part of life, not to mention an inevitable one. I feel I contradict myself because there are things in my life I long to change but I constantly find myself feeling rather unhappy with rapid or constant changes. I'm content with the routines in my life and I'm happy with the way things are and for the most part I really don't want life to ever be any different, even though I know it will be.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
Depends on what is changing and whether it's a positive or negative event.

Sirfetch’d

I don't like change much for the sake of change.. however, I love improvement or don't mind change if there is a valid reason for it. I like my routine though and I tend to stick to a routine.

^^^This 100%. I don't mind change at all, but if it has no base then it bothers me. As long as something is improving even such as looking better I am open for change, but if it is just for the sake of changing I'd rather not do it.

Powerserge

The Imminent Victor
Years
Change is good, but only when it is productive. Aesthetic-change can be refreshing to the mind, just as long as it isn't too frequent, and only when the current styles go completely out of vogue.

Sweets Witch

I just love ham jerky.
Years
Most of the time I'm oblivious to change, like right now. Something changed and I had no idea. Hell, I still don't know what it is and I'm trying my hardest to think about what it could be but nothing's coming to me. Most of the time when I notice a change I do my best to embrace it because doing otherwise would be unnecessarily stressful.

Years
  • Seen Mar 26, 2016
Given recent events (but without reference to them, please...) I thought that this'd be a pretty interesting and relevant thread to make.

What do you think of change and how do you react to it?

I have a hard time coping with change nowadays because I don't have any close friends in real life. But I'm not too miserable and can cope better with change now since I have you guys now. :)

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
Change is good, but it should always be a purpose. As they say in business school, "change should be evolutionary, not revolutionary"

François2

#FutureSun&MoonMod
Years
I like change, I hate for things to get too stagnant. I changed my forum style on here yesterday, for example (which was the first time I've been on properly in a while), because I got sick of looking at the same old PC. I just wish there could be random other aesthetic changes to really make the forum look fresh (though having loads of forum styles puts PC ahead of a lot of forums as is). But why am I talking about something as random as PC changing, I don't really know.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
I usually react badly to changes. At least if whatever was there before worked well and there wasn't an urgent need for changes to be made.

Broken_Arrow

Paper Plane
Years
i like changing when it's for better..however somethings in my life i prefer to keep it and never change it...nobody would like to change everything

changing for worse is what i really hate

Years
If it's a sudden change, my initial reaction is "oh god why" ....yeah, I'm kind of resistant to changes in anything, at least at first. My routines! No!

If I know change is coming...yeah, I'll probably be more accepting of it since I'll have had time to mentally prepare for it.

Nakala Pri

I embrace change. For better and for worse. I just want the world to be a better place. And if it means change, then bring it on!!! >:D

Hannah

beep bop boop
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Nov 16, 2021
Everyone and everything changes. Change can be bad, it can be good. People just have to accept that. I personally prefer when change is for the better, but if it isn't, then I just have to understand that what happens, happens.

Back