• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Pokémon Direct - 04/09/2013!

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
  • I beg to differ. Of the three new mega evolutions for the Kanto starters, Venasaur is the one to have changed the least whereas Charizard's and Blastoise's change is far more noticeable. Just look at the official artwork that's been released.

Other than alter a Pokémon's physical appearance, I think mega evolutions will only change a Pokémon's nature and ability while its typing will remain the same. For example, Mawile's mega evolution is Steel / Fairy and they've changed Mawile's original typing to match.
    I agree it looks like Venusaur changed the least...
    I like it how the Megas for the Kanto starters still remain somewhat simple looking, they still give out that Gen 1 feel :).

Thus far only Ampharos has had a type change when turning into Mega, gaining dragon. So if any type changes happen when turning Mega it'll proably be amongst single type Pokémon.

Years
    • Seen Nov 22, 2014
    Other than alter a Pokémon's physical appearance, I think mega evolutions will only change a Pokémon's nature and ability while its typing will remain the same. For example, Mawile's mega evolution is Steel / Fairy and they've changed Mawile's original typing to match.

Electric/Dragon MegaAmpharos? Unless they've permanently changed it to a dragon typing too... (I hope GF hasn't become too lenient with the Dragon typing this gen, it's supposed to be sacred in the Pokeworld)

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • Thus far only Ampharos has had a type change when turning into Mega, gaining dragon. So if any type changes happen when turning Mega it'll proably be amongst single type Pokémon.
    Oh yes, I forgot about the odd change in type for Ampharos when it mega evolves. Forget what I said earlier then. Change just for those who are just a single-type would make more sense anyway.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • 13.jpg

Some of the Kalos Pokémon icons are looking nice! A few of the older generation Pokémon have had little tweaks too.

Years
  • 13.jpg

Some of the Kalos Pokémon icons are looking nice! A few of the older generation Pokémon have had little tweaks too.
    Yeah, some of the older one's icons look clearer and nicer :)

@ Twilight. I noticed that when they showed it. However it's cool looking as you said. I like the smaller cannons on it's arms the best, they make me think of lasers.

Years
  • Am I the only person that can't get over how huge Blastoise's cannon is compared to the rest of its body? It still looks pretty badass, but wow. xD;
    Yeah it did look really big! And the additional cannons on its arms as well were pretty badass too

Years
  • The Pokemon Direct was good! They are doing so much for the old fans, and I hope the nostalgic fans stop complaining at last.

With all those starters we are going to get, Chespin, Fennekin, Froakie are gonna be overshadowed, imo. I will choose Charmander, my old time favorite, but I don't think I'll use it. The Mega Charizard is the King. I hope they give Mega Evolution to the Kalos starters. Also, noticed the thing that Mega Evolution will trigger only if the bond between the trainer and the Pokemon is strong? That's why Pokemon Amie was needed. I love it.

Pokemon Bank is interesting. The fact that they were thinking of that when they were making Crystal is shocking! Who knows what are their ideas now with all the advanced technology!? I was kinda seeing this happen, with all the 'cloud' services that are out there but I don't know if I am excited about the payment. lol If it is like 5$/year then ok but I think it will be kinda 10-20$./year. Did they say that there will be a free trial version @ the Direct?

The room they filmed the Direct is so amazing. Like, Can this be my room please???? lol :) :)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2023
    Behold this glorious moment in Pokemon history!
    Charizard can finally evolve!!
    Honestly, 'gen oners' will be really mad about this, but I'm really happy for this.
    The Charizard and Blastoise design is really good, the Venusaur still looks pretty much the same. Can't blame them though, Venusaur's design was already basic (they should have gave him luscious hair like Ampharos has!)

ku-xlarge.png

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • where and when the bundles will be available to pre-oreder in us?
    No bundles were announced, but the exclusive red and blue X and Y 3DS XL featuring Xerneas and Yveltal will be available in the US and UK beginning September 27th.

audinowho

Unovan Indeedee
    Years
    • Seen May 4, 2024
    $5 per year, free trial so those who don't want to stick to the service can transfer their pokemon the first time.

TCB

Tranquilo.
    Years
  • (This is coming from a guy who just had woken up, bear with me)

Well I certainly didn't expect to have to pay a yearly fee to do so. Pokemon Bank sounds like an ingenious idea (to ward off hacked Pokemon and what not), but once you pay for the app itself I figured that's done and done. Paying to complete the Pokedex? Cmon Game Freak. At least there'sa trial period.

So looks like my old Pokemon will be staying in their games...for now.

So, from Nintendo Life Sycamore gives you the option of obtaining one of the Kanto starters instead. A friend will offer you one of the Kalos starters. Kanto Starter Mega Evolution...eh I'm not that hyped for them. Although Charizard getting Drought seems to be a bit of buff for its Fire-type attacks. But Mega-Blastoise...oh yeah.

I'm all for Squirtle/Fennekin on my team.

THOSE 3DS XL BUNDLE THO OH YES. ;-;

Years
  • (This is coming from a guy who just had woken up, bear with me)

Well I certainly didn't expect to have to pay a yearly fee to do so. Pokemon Bank sounds like an ingenious idea (to ward off hacked Pokemon and what not), but once you pay for the app itself I figured that's done and done. Paying to complete the Pokedex? Cmon Game Freak. At least there'sa trial period.

So looks like my old Pokemon will be staying in their games...for now.

So, from Nintendo Life Sycamore gives you the option of obtaining one of the Kanto starters instead. A friend will offer you one of the Kalos starters. Kanto Starter Mega Evolution...eh I'm not that hyped for them. Although Charizard getting Drought seems to be a bit of buff for its Fire-type attacks. But Mega-Blastoise...oh yeah.

I'm all for Squirtle/Fennekin on my team.

THOSE 3DS XL BUNDLE THO OH YES. ;-;
    I don't think those are bundles...I think they're just selling the 3DS XL on it's own without the game for Europe and the US unlike Japan, not sure.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • I think you'll just be prevented from transferring any Pokémon over to any of the games, they wouldn't delete any of your Pokémon due to lack of payment.
    Agreed. I can only imagine the kind of uproar there would be if one's Pokémon were to be lost entirely simply because of lack of payment.

Years
  • Agreed. I can only imagine the kind of uproar there would be if one's Pokémon were to be lost entirely simply because of lack of payment.
    Proably they're do as Suicune said...either that or give a warning if one is running late on a payment to transfer them out if they plan to delete them...

Back