• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

first?

Joel.Lion

Years
    So if you go through a thread and notice that no one called first, does that leave it open to call first? And is it ever Actually acceptable to call first, rather then adding material to the thread? Just a random question for you guys:)

Homura Akemi

time is f o r e v e r~
    Years
    Calling first is something I rarely see around here tbh...it's a waste of space and time, and doesn't contribute anything to the thread.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
    Just posting 'first' with no supporting detail is pretty spammy and kind of dumb. lol :P But yeah, sure, do whatever as long as your post has some content conducive to the topic.

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
    It bothers me so much when people say "first!" on Facebook or Youtube so that applies here too. I don't think it matters if you're the first to post cause we're all posting on the same topic. And if you just post first that bypasses the 4/25 rule anyway and is too spammy so put some thought into your post too.

Kikaito plush

Angeline plushxKikaito plush
    Years
    I do not really see that in any site I visit part from Youtube. When I see it I think who cares if you post first it's stupid.

CrimsonFlames

Bye-Beeeeeee!
    Years
    I think those who say first in random pages are trolls..... I get annoyed everytime I see those kind of comments..... so I hire a famous internet bounty hunter. :D :3

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
    Years
    I don't think saying 'I'm first' is too important at all, that just saying that I'm the first in a thread would be considered spam. The exception is if I'm trying to come first on PC Battle Server chat when it's restarting, just for fun.

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    Nah, I think calling "first" is spammy and not necessary. At least ad a little bit of content so you don't get ninja'd, then add more later.

Honest

Hi!
    Years
    Alone, it'd definitely be spam. In tandem with something answering the post, not spam, but I'd secretly want to smother you till you begged for mercy. The entire concept of it is ughhhh.

Years
    It never matters to me if I'm first or not, online or offline. I typically dislike being first on things as well.

Nakala Pri

Um, not reaaaaaally, not unless it's Nathan's. xD

I like to see how the first guy responds to make sure I've got the whole question right, because I don't want another infraction, I already have a record. xD

Years
    I think it's annoying and unnecessary. I mean, if there's nothing that relates to the topic then what's the point? Surely there's much better things to do than spam.

Back