• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Bon Voyage ✈ The PC Travel Club

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years

• Bon Voyage
    The PokeCommunity Travel Club

Owner: Minerva

Bon Voyage ✈ The PC Travel Club

"PokeCommunity Flight 760 to Fan Clubs & Groups, now boarding!"

Are you a frequent traveler? Are you fascinated by other cultures, the environment of other countries, and/or the idea of getting to know another world outside your home country? Are you someone who just canNOT stand being indoors and have a crave for exploration? Then, this is definitely a club just for you. Whether your dream is to travel to a country you never visited before, your dream is to explore the world, or even you HAVE traveled in the past and would like to share experiences on what you've seen/discovered/tried/etc. You can all do just that! Fasten your seatbelts, we're almost ready to take off.

Guidelines

In this group there are only simple guidelines to follow. Remember that all PokeCommunity rules & FC&G rules do apply to this group. Respect is a must in this group, and when someone asks for a critique or an opinion on something, please use constructive criticism. Anyone in the group is more than welcome to start a new topic, no matter if the old one has died. This is only to keep the group flowing as smoothly as possible.

The most important rule? Have fun!~

Tickets, Please!

To become a member of this group, simply state the following: your username, where you're from (this is optional, if you are uncomfortable with sharing your location, that's entirely understandable), and if you want, you may state any traveling experience you had in the past, or any additional information in regards to traveling you'd like to mention. Your post does not have to be long, though!

Passengers

[supporter]Flushed[/supporter]
    Sheep
    Nymphadora
    Zach

Venitardus
    Lilith
    Aj Harold
    BlahISuck
    Wobbu
    [supporter]Urugamosu[/supporter]

Last edited:

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    Hey I'll join. Flushed, from Midwest USA, I've traveled quite a bit in the past, and hope to do so in the future. For some reason I love airports. Maybe not the plane rides themselves but the atmosphere of the actual airport. And it's interesting to see how the different airports you land in compare. Lol probably not one of the things you think about all that much when traveling, but it's part of the experience nonetheless haha.

Years
  • Omg! Joining joining. <3 Username's Sheep and I'm originally from Sochi, Russia. Yay Olympics land. I currently reside in NYC and have lived here since I was 7.

I haven't traveled to any huge extents, though; stayed in Paris overnight for a connecting flight the next morning, spent a few days in Toronto, of course been to Russia several times, and that's it? But I absolutely am visiting Germany someday in the future and have plans to move to Japan within the next year or two. Exciting! :D

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Sure, why not; I'll join. n__n Anyway, I'm Nymphadora. I was born in New York, but both my parents have originated from Mexico, though, and so has my grandparents, aunts, uncles, some cousins, and other relatives. I've visited only three different countries so far; most recent would be Bangladesh (neighbor of India and Pakistan, apparently), which I went to last year with my sister and parents for vacationing. Not sure why this was chosen of all places, but I have no complaints; it was actually quite beautiful, and people were very friendly and welcoming. Only thing that I didn't like, though, is that it was pretty underdeveloped and wasn't exactly up-to-date with things.

Years
  • Totally joining this!

Hey there y'all! I'm Zach, and I was born here in west-central Florida, and I am currently still residing here. My father's family originates from Virginia, while my mother's family originates from Pennsylvania. As much as I would love to travel, I unfortunately haven't traveled a whole lot. My travel experience goes from staying with my uncle in Richmond, VA several times, to taking a trip to Washington, DC, and even a trip to New York City! I've also stayed in places like Chincoteague Island, VA and Williamsburg, VA as well. And I've also had an in-state vacation as well one time, being in St. Augustine, FL. I wish I could travel abroad more, but with a tight budget, it might be impossible for now. :(

Venitardus

Breeder
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2018
    I'm in!

Username is Venitardus, I was born in Arizona and have moved around the USA in my 20 years of living. I have lived in Arizona for a year and a half, then moved to Colorado for 2 years, then moved to michigan and lived there for most of my life (15 years). After michigan I moved to California for 7 months and now I've been living in Nevada for almost a year now. I have also visited a few places like New York, Florida and South Carolina. My parents were both born in NY, but didn't really meet until I was born pretty much. My dad's family lives here in Nevada and my moms side lives in Florida. I haven't traveled out of the country but I would love to some time in my life. ( I really would love to go to italy!)

Oh and I almost forgot that I went on a cruise to the Bahamas a few years ago.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • HI THERE PEEPS. I'm glad for you all to join this wonderful group! I just wanted to say that I am extremely ecstatic about what you guys did and/or what you want to do in your future travels. Sweet!~

For myself, username is Axeliira, and I am more of an aspiring traveler myself. My dream is to visit Canada and Europe sometime in my life, especially Italy because I know some Italian and wanted to use it in real life! Whenever I listen to someone talk about their travels, I become very intrigued, because hearing their experiences makes me want to go there even more! For now, I travel mostly within Mexico. I live near Mexico, actually, where tourism takes place mostly during Spring Break or during Winter Break. My town actually attracts people from cold weather, Canadians and Alaskans show up to enjoy our mild temps. I've had a few customers at work telling me about their travels and they wanted to buy our quality craft supplies because where they live, they don't have as much.

The most further I've gone was Catalina Island, which is located off the coast of California. I've gone there in 8th grade and it was the most amazing experience ever. We traveled by ferry, and it took us an hour to and from, along with 2 1/2 hours in bus.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
  • Hey fellow travelers, the name's Lilith, I was born and raised in northeastern Florida. Some of my frequent ventures in Florida include Panama City, Orlando, Pensacola, and Palatka. Every few years, we used to travel to the Great Smokey Mountains and the Blueridge Parkway (scenic route). It's such a beautiful park and is a nice place to go camping when the weather is cool. I remember visiting these cities around the southeastern coast along the way:
    New Orleans, Louisiana
    Biloxi, Mississippi
    Gatlinburg, Tennessee
    Ashville, North Carolina
    Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
    Atlanta, Georgia
    ...and I can't remember any memorable stops in Alabama, but obviously I'd have to go through it!

My dream is to visit California. It seems like it'd be a lot of fun and plus, it's still about as warm as Florida. I don't know if I'd ever have the courage to visit another country, though. I'd need a translator since my Spanish is so rusty.

Aj Harold

The champ
    Years
  • I would like to join too! Aj harold! Location-Georgetown,US! I had some travelling experience in past, i have been to almost entire North America! And would like to Travel to Places like Japan, Europe and The Sub-continent!

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • Welcome, welcome you guys. :3

& TwiBlade, hopefully you have the chance sometime in the future, you should visit California. There's a ton of places I'd recommend you to see, San Diego and parts of LA, especially Santa Monica! It's absolutely one of my most favorite places to visit if you're craving the beach and paradise at the same time. I've seen quite a few celebs over there during my visits, so it's like Hollywood on the beach.

A lot of you have wonderful wishes & desires to travel to a certain country, which is wonderful! So, I ask you this: why do you want to travel to that certain place in the future? What intrigued you? Was it the scenery, the culture, the environment?

Venitardus

Breeder
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2018
    A lot of you have wonderful wishes & desires to travel to a certain country, which is wonderful! So, I ask you this: why do you want to travel to that certain place in the future? What intrigued you? Was it the scenery, the culture, the environment?

I'd always wanted to go to Italy, Ireland and Germany because I'm Italian, Irish an German (mostly Italian, so I always wanted to visit there the most). I always just wanted to go see different cultures and always wanted to learn different languages. One of my friends live in Germany so that makes me want to go visit Germany more.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I've always wanted to pay visit to Australia, just to see what it's like to experience its warm and sunny weather. xD" Also, I've heard the place is very clean (at least most of it), and, of course, beaches. Absolutely love them. Only thing that I don't like about it is snakes; apparently, they're very common in Australia. Aside from that, it'd also be nice to visit Jamaica.

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
    Years
  • Joining because travelling is one of my favorite things to do :P
    Hello I'm Wobbu and I've always lived in southwest Michigan. Over the past few years I've been all over the continental U.S. including New Orleans, Key West, San Francisco, New York City, Chicago, Boston, San Diego, and Bar Harbor. I've also been outside the continental U.S. on cruises to places like Jamaica, Cayman Islands, Bahamas, Mexico, and U.S. Virgin Islands. I spent a week in Canada last summer which spanned from Quebec City to the border of MI and Canada near Detroit. The best vacation that I had was a one week trip to Maui, Hawaii. The setting and atmosphere was amazing. This summer I'll be doing a tri-state loop starting from Seattle, then parts of Oregon, then northern California, then back to Seattle. Like a couple others, I really want to go to Italy, Rome specifically. The only things stopping me are the $2000 flight tickets x(

I'm jealous of the places that all of you have been to :3

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • Welcome, you guys! & John, not just the tequila, the FABULOUS MEXICAN FOOD. Enjoy it bby, and be sure to tell us your experience when you return~

Wobbu! Sounds like you've been all over the place! Glad to see that you'll be going to take another trip soon. I had a friend of mine visited Seattle last year and she told me that it rained there time she was staying there. Bummer, I know! xD

omg yes...the expensive flight tickets are also the reason why that's stopping me to go out of the country. I mean, it could be worth it, but I guess it would require at least a year of planning ahead to make it happen!

To answer my own question: the reason why I always wanted to go to Italy (or Europe in general) was because I was fascinated by the history of it. When I was in the 6th grade, we learned ancient history. Plus, when I was a little girl, I discovered that Pizza originated from Italy and I was like "IT DID? I WOULD LOVE TO SEE HOW PIZZA WAS MADE". And to this day I...still want to know. xD

Same with France when I found out that French Fries were originated from France. lmao

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
    Years
  • I had a friend of mine visited Seattle last year and she told me that it rained there time she was staying there. Bummer, I know! xD
    You say that like it's a bad thing :P

omg yes...the expensive flight tickets are also the reason why that's stopping me to go out of the country. I mean, it could be worth it, but I guess it would require at least a year of planning ahead to make it happen!
    My sister is a flight attendant for Delta and if all goes well during the future, I'll occasionally get to fly free :D but tickets can fluctuate in price so one has to keep a constant eye on the prices if they want a good deal.

To answer my own question: the reason why I always wanted to go to Italy (or Europe in general) was because I was fascinated by the history of it. When I was in the 6th grade, we learned ancient history. Plus, when I was a little girl, I discovered that Pizza originated from Italy and I was like "IT DID? I WOULD LOVE TO SEE HOW PIZZA WAS MADE". And to this day I...still want to know. xD
    Italy's past is definitely one of the main reasons why I want to go there, along with the amazing food and beautiful scenery.

Years
  • I wish I had the time and money to travel to anywhere in California or Canada right now. If I were to go to California, I would essentially explore every part of the state from San Francisco/Silicon Valley to San Diego because of the nice weather they have on the west coast in the summertime <3 and for Canada, I'd love to go to Toronto sooner or later just to get experience of life in a major city that's not in my country.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Ah, California, right--almost forgot about that. It'd be nice to visit that place, too. xD" I did go there once when I was younger, but don't remember anything from the trip, though, sadly. Wish I did.

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    I'm not gonna lie, the idea of earthquakes always freaks me out when thinking about traveling to California. I do want to go eventually though.

I wish I had the time and money to travel to anywhere in California or Canada right now. If I were to go to California, I would essentially explore every part of the state from San Francisco/Silicon Valley to San Diego because of the nice weather they have on the west coast in the summertime <3 and for Canada, I'd love to go to Toronto sooner or later just to get experience of life in a major city that's not in my country.
    I've been to Toronto and I really enjoyed it. Although BlahISuck can probably tell you more about it since it says he's from there. From what I remember, the layout and architecture was pretty interesting, everything was all high and windy.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • ^that @ Toronto. I was also told that it's VERY multicultural, so for a first-time visitor, you'll be culture-shocked. Wouldn't mind visiting there as well~

I think that's the main reason why people don't like to go to California. Yeah we kinda get earthquakes once in a while. I'm practically used to them. If it's a 3.5, I won't feel it. If it's a 4.2, I might but I'll get over it. If it's a 5.5 or higher I'll freak out. :P Safety should be the #1 priority when it comes to traveling. It's always recommended to pack some extra things in case something happens, and know where to go in case of an emergency and you can't leave the place.

& Zach, coincidentally Silicon Valley/San Francisco is the land of tech. :P

Back