• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I just got hacked! Oh no!

Years
    Have you ever had any accounts online compromised in the past? Whether it'd be your PC account, your email, your eBay, Facebook, etc? If you have been hacked in the past, what have been your experiences with being compromised? How did you recover from being compromised?

For those who have never been hacked in the past, how fearful are you of being hacked?

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Not really an online account, but somebody did attempt to get through bank account once before, which, at that time, was linked to my mom's. I wasn't very careful back then and used to make ton of purchases via Internet, which I believe is one, major reason for the cause of this. Luckily, though, the bank declined this transaction. ^^" Thanks to all that, I've become more wary of online shopping and nowadays, use sites that are actually reliable (such as eBay, Walmart, Amazon, etc). Aside from that, my MSN was also hacked once, and would send spam to those who were in my contacts. Due to this, I had to move away from the account and create a new one. Wasn't such a big hassle, though.

Tlachtli

Crit happens.
    Years
    Call me a pedant, but I'm one of those people who doesn't really see password stealing as 'hacking.'

Back when I used to play Runescape, my account(s) seemed to get gutted every couple months or so. I was big into autoing (botting), so it was never too much of a hassle to earn back whatever I lost. I only every used open-source bots or scripts I wrote myself, but I'm sure it was still how one guy or another would get my info. Double-edged sword and all that.

I specifically remember one time I was doing the Tz'haar Fight Caves, which was a super long gauntlet of enemies where you would have to solo one wave of enemies after another with no intermission or resupplying. Each wave got progressively harder and it all lead up to what was at the time the hardest solo boss in the game, Jad, capable of one-shotting even maxxed players if they weren't careful. The whole thing would take a well geared/experienced player around 45 mins, or a newer one upwards of an hour and a half. Anyways I was 60 waves in, only 4 away from the final boss, when I get forcibly logged out. I thought, well that's unfortunate timing for a disconnect. You get a 10 minute grace period for disconnects and such, so I tried to log back in a few times. Kept telling me I was already logged in. I gave up after the 10 minutes had passed, then came back a couple hours later to start up the fight cave run again. Lo and behold I log in and I'm in another city, stripped to my skivvies, and my bank is empty. I was mad about it for a day or two, but in the end it wasn't really even a huge loss. I made back the money in a couple weeks by botting, so I was more upset about losing my fight cave progress than I was the stuff in my bank honestly. Looking back it was just a plain case of redacted happens.

Maraala

a fiery passion
    Years
    Back when I big into Runescape, my account was stolen and I was fairly mad. Luckily had had some security questions set and it was just a matter time until I got my account back.

And more recently my Minecraft account. Sent an email to Mojang's CS and everything was set right. I then decided to change my passwords for everything more important such as Steam and my email and whatnot.

'twas a scary experience tbh

Years
    Never been hacked before as there is nothing worthwhile for hackers, in my opinion XD My sister though, stupidly decided to give a random person her MapleStory password a long time ago when she used to play then when she logged back on all her equipment disappeared. I think she learned from that to protect her information very carefully and that has resulted in her being paranoid about online security, which slowly started influencing me and my methods into keeping information and passwords safe. Honestly, I'm not at all afraid of being hacked unless it's PayPal, but the passwords I come up with are consist of a relatively ambiguous string of words and letters.

Cordelia

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2014
    I have never been hacked on any accounts of mine that I know of, but a TF2 group forum that I was on got compromised and we all had to change our passwords. I now use Lastpass and trying to hack that one password would be an exercise in futility.

Zet

Years
    Once when I was like 14. The board was compromised and I didn't know about it until after they got into my email account as well.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    A forum account, never.

Though, I did have my myspace hacked once, and my Nexon (MMO) account - which to this day is still lost. Though, I'd say for 14 years on the internet, twice is not so bad.

Elements1

Meh
    Years
    I have two different emails, one for personal and one for companies, business, etc. My latter email got hacked about 2 years ago, but there was nothing special the hackers could have got out of it ^.^ I changed my password and such and nothing has happened since.

PkmnTrainerElio

♥ Jung Hoseok, Kim Namjoon and Park Jimin ♥
    Years
    I was hacked by this dude on Twitter in 2012, the little prick, said he was going to co-own my account, shouldn't have trusted him, that account is forever gone.

Years
    The only experience I had with hacking was few months ago when somebody from USA tried to enter my Gmail but luckily I got pm just in time so I managed to change my password in time too ~ Not that he'd find anything useful there aside from school mails written in Slovenian and a bunch of ads but still. I do use strong/weird passwords on my sites though - consisting of both letters and numbers so that might be why I haven't really had any experience with hacking.

Drayton

Chilled Dude of The Elite Four
    Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    From my experiences:

At the moment I try to logging in to AQW with my current account, it said wrong password. Panic that time I try recover using forgot password, but something hellishly wrong! It didn't recognize my email, so I try to recover it by contacting the help team to recover it. After tendious waiting and responding. I got my account back! I may lose my rares I collected and I fell for a scam stuff

Back