• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other FULL] Dreams of a New World (OOC)[M]

Years
    • Seen Jan 31, 2023
    cover_zps0a7d34ea.png

Spoiler:

| INTRODUCTION |

[h2][/h2]
    Society always assumed people with an extra sense, or ESP, were either estranged, or just thought to be fake. There have been some situations before where people have shown this power such as through 'magic' or telekinetic abilities. However, dawning upon the century, the number of people with ESP, or Espers as they are now modernly called, have significantly increased. Shunned by society, they were covered up by the government, calling them 'delusional', or 'diseased and highly contagious'. Some were even killed for the sole purpose of eliminating anyone with this abnormal ability. Espers had a power that allowed them to create anything at will. The power of Imagination. This deemed a threat for the government, so in an attempt to eliminate all Espers, they injected food with a substance Espers call the "Esperian Tear". Although it's actual name is unknown, Esperian Tear is dangerous to Espers, and can cause death in little as a few hours to a few days. This substance was injected into GM foods, which would weed out Espers and those even with the slightest ability to use the power. However, the crisis was more than anyone could have imagined. Not only did the substance eliminate Espers, it also killed many ordinary humans, which eventually resulted in the substance being contained to avoid further spread among the world.

~​

Over 1200 years have passed since the rise of the Espers. In a newly formed Utopian World, nearly everyone has developed the ability of the Esper. Although occasionally some people are born without the ability of an Esper, there is no longer any discrimination among people. Everyone is accepted for who they are. The only taxes people are required to pay, is to simply do community service. Although jobs do exist, it is relatively hard to get one, unless someone goes into the field of labor or farming. Most goods can be traded for, and items that can be bought are usually expensive, and considered 'luxury'. Students are required to go to school for learning to harness their powers as an Esper, so they can teach the next generation and keep the knowledge of Espers going for a long time. Most live a humble, simple life. No wars, fights, violence. However, could this Utopia really be real? Did society really just turn into the perfect world?

Least do people know something sinister is going on behind the scenes. With the intent to be in total power, many bloodlines of the world's richest from over a thousand years back hide within the shadows. Now known by completely different name, they wish to create the One World Government their ancestors so longed for. Realizing the potential of being an Esper, they have been planning many years for this society to fully develop to what it is today. With their power, the world is in the palm of their hands. Able to place laws at will, and control the masses, people have truly become pawns in their little game. It's only a matter of time before they start implementing it.

~​

You are a citizen of Rasier. You have already graduated from Primary School, and are doing whatever you want with your life. You can work a part-time job in the side, go to the Advanced College/School, or just do nothing. Maybe you like pulling pranks, cause a little bit of trouble here and there, or maybe you like to skip class. It's up to you how you want to live your life.

NOTE: If you are planning on having a Bloodline character, run it by me first. We'll have to work any kinks here and there. I won't be accepting too many of these kind of characters, probably only one or two. Maybe I'll increase the cap, but any more and it'll screw with some of the antagonists.

| TERMS |

The Ministry:
    Essentially the government of the world. Different ministries exist in different places, each running with more or less the same rules. All run by bloodline Espers, they control the new 'Utopian' world. Although some may argue that they have their own hidden agendas, it is wise to not speak of such topics so openly.

Espers:
    As stated in the intro, Espers are people who have developed extraordinary powers beyond a regular human. Their main tool is their imagination, although it is limited per person, and specialized. For example, one person may have a knack for moving things using telekinesis, while another is able to fix broken things. Although nobody is limited to one thing, everyone has a single power they are more skilled with, and have several 'side' powers.

Advanced School:
    After graduating from primary school, Advanced School is essentially a college of sorts. Open to all ages, even if you're 50 years old. They teach a little more than the basics, and will often help develop your powers further.

Rasier:
    A Rustic town located on the West Coast. With simple, traditional wood houses, this town known as Rasier is a nice place to enjoy Nature's scenery. There are a couple of forests nearby which is open to the townsfolk, however certain areas are bounded off for safety reasons. There's also a town lake which people like to hang out at, located near a market place. There's only a few primary schools around, and only one big Advanced School for the whole town.

Esperian Tear:
    No longer in existence, it was a substance used back in the day to kill off any Espers, but also had severe side effects to those who were not Espers. Many younger people do not know of it, as it is a forbidden topic.

Devil's Syndrome:
    A 'disease' that makes an individual highly dangerous and unpredictable. Usually developed over time, it amplifies an Esper's ability to Imagine, often creating dangerous things/attacks. Anyone found to show these symptoms whether it be early childhood or adulthood, they will be killed off immediately. Society knows this, and is fine with it.

Angel
    A term given to those who show exceptionally well talent in their Esper studies. The term Genius would also fit in here. "That boy is an Angel."

Razing:
    A term given to the process of tampering with one's memories. This power is only known to those who are trained in it, mostly high-ranking Ministry employees. Using it off duty, or without consent is illegal, however certain members are able to use it freely within reason(cough*Bloodlines*cough). It is possible to regain these memories, although this is purely a rumour for now.

Bloodlines:
    During ancient times their ancestors were the world's wealthiest and powerful people. Keeping their bloodlines going, they were able to maintain their status throughout the years and eventually form the New World's most powerful people. Their true bloodlines are unknown.

NOTE: People do not know of the Bloodlines. This is a term only the bloodlines themselves know. Their families(such as children and spouse) would normally just know that they are wealthy people and nothing more.

NOTE#2: This RP is inspired by the anime 'From The New World'. Although it is an original RP and has nothing to do with the anime, the idea of people having powers comes from the anime.

| WORLD RULES |

1) Technology such as internet, TV, cars, power tools, modern weapons(guns, rocket launchers, tanks), etc. Are absent in this RP(except traditional weapons, which can be bought or made). However, some modern medicine does exist, and most diseases which were considered fatal (e.g cancer), can now be cured quickly.
    2) Sex in considered a taboo unless only used for reproduction purposes. Although people can get away without anyone figuring out, society has become a place where talking of Sex other than in an educational environment is considered 'wrong' and 'bad', and in some cases punishable. Although this problem poses more of a threat in the younger demographic, towns often put guards on duty late at night for strict curfew. Regular romance is not looked down upon however.
    3) The RP will take place where North America is located, in a fictional town called "Rasier", near the west coast(Washington/Oregon-like area). All countries retain their name, although some countries have been combined. Many cities however, are either replaced in this RP, or gone altogether. New York City for example, is just a vast land of forests and whatnot. If there is a name change that everyone needs to know, I'll let you guys know.
    4) The buildings will be slightly more 'dated'. Meaning no tall futuristic skyscrapers or stadiums.
    5) Talking of violence, or making threats should be used with caution. It is considered a crime if someone with authority hears, and can also result in 'termination'. Although fights among people are bound to happen, try not be completely overboard with them.
    6) Animals are more or less the same, although some species have gone extinct. Living without the need of 'ancient' technology has resulted in many places being completely covered in vegetation, leaving ancient ruins. For example some cities are now completely overrun by forest areas. Also note, I will throw in a couple of 'different' animals purely for the sake of keeping things interesting.
    7) Leaving cities/towns is completely prohibited, unless given a reason to do so. Often criminals are sent outside into these areas for banishment.
    8) Some jobs in this world can include: Working in within the ministry labor(farming, mill, etc), owning a store, or pretty much anything else you can come up with.
    9) People are UNAWARE of how Espers came to be. They do not know much about human history, and are often told lies on human past. Anyone found to be looking for human history will be dealt with accordingly. Curiosity killed the Cat.
    10) Esper powers come with a cost. They take up energy, and using too much of it can be fatal, including death.

| RULES |

1) All PC rules apply.
    2) No-Godmodding and/or bunnying
    3) This is rated M for violence, romance/sexual content, probably some swearing, and blood. There is also a chance for gore.
    4) Please, please, please don't go overboard with your powers. No super strength or super speed. Be creative. If you think it's too much or need help, PM/VM me for help.
    5) Please be active. I understand this will most likely be sandbox, but that is not a reason to disappear for a month. If you are going to be away, let me know.
    6)I do realize this is going to be a little sandbox, but there are still events to hurry the plot along. Plus, it's only really sandbox for a small amount during the beginning.

| SIGN-UP FORM |

Name: (A suitable name. First and last.)
    Family/Clan: (Whatever your last name is would normally be your clan, unless adopted or something.)
    Age: (19+. Your character can really be of any age as long as they are over 18/19. Also, be reasonable with your character with the age. A 60 year old man trying to relive his glory days is a bit out there if you know what I mean.)
    Esper Powers: (Give a description on your character's powers. Please, don't overpower it. I cannot stress this enough. Make sure your powers are not anything like creating massive explosions or something (this is NOT a superhero RP), as they will have plenty of time to develop. Only one small power for now. Some powers could include the power to warp things out of shape, controlling elements such as water, etc. Teleportation is off limits for now.)
    Appearance: (How they look. Their clothing probably wouldn't be similar to modern day clothing, such as jeans or hoodies, but would go for a simpler, or rustic look.).
    Personality: (How they act, traits, etc.)
    History: (Give a history on your character. Family, friends, etc. Also, keep in mind they already completed the regular school. Keep in mind if your character is part of a bloodline family, then they would have no knowledge of anything that their relative/parent does within the ministry.)
    Other: (anything else we need to know?)

| MY SU |
    Spoiler:

ACCEPTED:
    Zach Meorna [Jegretis]
    Clement Ayers [Yamagi Sosuke]
    Kite Leone [TheGameBringer42]
    Elizabeth "Eliza" Shepperd [TheFinalWatchman]
    Chelsia Reihner [Kiklion]
    Lola Blake [Lozzop]
    Akuren Fuun [銀ヤミ]
    ~ Tyler1616 Reserved ~

Last edited:

Yamagi Sosuke

Hope & Ambition
    Years
  • Name: Clement Ayers
    Family/Clan: Ayers
    Esper Powers: Clement has the power to manipulate and put into use the Gravity around him. This includes the ability to move medium-sized objects, control individual segments to machinery, or to even remove the influence of gravity around himself and other certain objects. With the power of gravity comes the ability of push and pull. Its quite the variable and powerful mind ability.

Appearance: Clement is a pale skinned and unnaturally beauteous youth. His skin is as white and still as cream with just a hint of peach under its milky surface. His eyes are obscured with blackness. His iris, undiscernible amongst the deep darkness around them. The American descent male has an unusual bluish-black tint to his hair. Which is naturally styled in an unkempt mess of bangs that fall above, between, and on the sides of his eyes. He's six-foot-one in height with a slender but muscular build.

He is most often seen wearing a black, long sleeved shirt; its wear and tear visible in its stitches and cuffs. He wears black trousers low on his waist, a leather belt wrapped around him just for aesthetics, and of course a few patches on the thighs; one can't help the dirty environment they live in. Regardless of the clothes he wears, Clement is always wearing a silver pendant.

Personality: Clement is somewhat of a radical but at the same time, he's a very confused man. He doesn't see where he fits in in the world, and that honestly has frozen him in development. As of late he has started to become distant from everyone, his bonehead and easily excitable brothers included. His parents will blame this on his recently discovered knowledge of being adopted but it's not so. He could care less about being adopted. He can be a bit rebellious at times and even more so opinionated.

History: The Ayers family has always been a mining family. Like the ones that could be seen covered in the sooth of a hard day's work or those with skin calloused over from years of labor. His father was stern, emotionless, and erratically drawn into the work that fed the family. He was, for many years, the first to enter the mine and last to leave it. Clement's mother was a lot less dirty in appearance, in fact she was very elegant in her duties as a stay at home mom. She kept the boy's clean and the girl's graceful as they went throughout their days.

In the family it was thought that they were genetically declined the ability to be Espers. It had been a few generations since an Esper had been born into their family tree, and it wasn't until Clement would they reconsider their luck. After Clement's arrival, his three siblings were a bit at odds with their emotions. One of them was exceptionally kind, while the other two were in a united front against him. His adoptive-siblings had a knack for distinguishing themselves from him. They would often point out the facts that they couldn't use Esper skills like he could and if not for the youngest of the three than he would had been completely alienated. She protected him for most of his life. If not for a terminal disease than he was sure that she'd still be protecting him.

Years passed by with the seasons and Clement's powers soon became common use in the mines. He found himself leading expeditions with his father. A feat that not even his elder brothers had accomplished. With his odd appearance compared to the rest of Ayers, Clement had somewhat stuck out to the female populace of Raiser. It was unlike any other phantasm, he had never experience the utter dislike of something. Most of the girls were superficial. It irritated him a bit.

Other: N/A

Years
    • Seen Jan 31, 2023
    Well, considering this RP is more smaller in scale compared to others, I would say at least 4 people. This is a kind of shorter RP.

Years
    • Seen Jan 31, 2023
    Oops, I think I may have worded myself wrong.

The RP is not so short that it's going to take a month to complete. When I meant smaller in scale, I meant that there's no need for this RP to have 10 characters, as it can function fine with lesser amount.

And obviously if needed, I can also draw out the plot a bit longer than originally planned, as it is also going to be flexible like that.

Years
    • Seen Jan 31, 2023
    Glad I helped. I shall set you down for a reserve!

I should also have my SU done soon as well.

Years
    • Seen Jan 31, 2023
    Just posting to see how everyone's SU is coming along. If anyone needs help just let me know, and I'll help, as well as answer any questions in case something is unclear.

Lucifer-san

[i]Recently Revived Zombie[/i]
    Years
  • Name: Kite Leone
    Family/Clan: Leone
    Esper Powers: Kite has the ability to manipulate and change the wind around him. This grants him the ability to control the direction of the wind, how harsh it blows, or even its temperature. Using this ability for prolonged periods of times is very exhausting due to the mental strain it puts on his mind.
    Appearance: Kite is a rather lean fellow only weighing in at about 165lbs and stands at about 5'9 which makes people mistake him for being lacking but that would be wrong. His build is more suited to being a runner giving him lean compact muscles instead of being bulky. He is fair skinned and has a messy mop of blond hair atop his head along with his face being devoid of most baby fat and his eyes are a vibrant green.
    He is usually wearing a long black sleeve shirt and a tan vest, along with some tan trousers that have signs of wear and tear along with a leather belt that has different pouches to hold things. On his right wrist is a silver bangle.

Personality: Kite is a very easygoing young man somewhat aloof and lives as the wind letting things go quite easily if it isn't very serious. Even with his easygoing nature Kite is extremely intelligent and is able to understand new things very easy as long as he understands the concept. Underneath his easygoing nature is something very dark that he tries to deny but fears one day he'll have to confront it. Kite is fine with most people but especially loves his family and is willing to kill for them.

History: The Leone family is one of Italian descent and Kite is considered the odd one of his family due to is blond hair, due to the rest of his family having sleek black hair and being a bit shorter than him. However, they still love him unconditionally due to being the Scion of their family and being an all-around good person. When younger he was raised by his father, Michael Leone, to be the very best and was put under a strict treatment. Though he was incredibly smart, he became very cold to other children his age but this would come to a stop when he met her.
    Through his meeting with her he became a much better person overall and became able to interact with others his age. She taught him how to smile once more and at that point in his life she was his whole world. However, one day she suddenly left leaving him alone with a message. Over time he accepted her leaving and continued his daily life always wondering what her name was and if she remembered him. His father over the course of his life taught him many skills, but unlike most of his family he is able to do manual labor just fine.

Other: N/A

Years
    • Seen Jan 31, 2023
    Well actually, we have a enough players Yamagi. I'm pretty much just waiting on those with reserves to post their SUs.

Kikpanther

Not a beginner that's for sure
    Years
  • I'm thinking about joining this but I don't want to hold the RP up!

When do you think you'll be making the first post?

Years
    • Seen Jan 31, 2023
    @Kiklion: Well, as soon as we get one more SU, I think it would be appropriate to post the IC Thread. But if you want, I can put you down for a reserve.

Quest

Veteran Roleplayer
    Years
    • Seen Jan 6, 2023
    My schedule has cleared up as well, so I believe I could probably join if given a chance. Reserve me please?

Fantastic RP as always Jegretis.

Kikpanther

Not a beginner that's for sure
    Years
  • Bio done! Really excited to join this, you always make great sounding RPs!

Name: Chelsia
    Family/Clan: Reihner
    Esper Powers: Chelsia has the power to control the Earth. That's not saying she can move the entire planet, but she can accelerate plant growth or move rocks or dirt or even the ground itself. If she's using her power and she lands from a high enough elevation or stomps hard enough she can make a small Earthquake. When I say small I mean anyone within fifteen feet of her might feel the bottom of their shoes vibrate a little.
    Appearance: Cheslia is a heavier-set Asian woman. She has a pretty, round face and dark hair and eyes. She likes to blend in so she often wears colors that match the season. Bright, spring colors and spring, warm colors like reds and browns in the fall, whites and sometimes blacks in the winter, and pretty blends during the summer. Chelsia also enjoys wearing pretty, translucent scarves and can be seen playing with them from time to time. The flowy-er the better in her opinion! She loves wearing healed shoes, but will wear things like sneakers or boots if the situation calls for it (like doing work or something).

Cheslia wears her hair down with her curls resting on her shoulders. She doesn't wear her hair much differently other than this since she prefers wearing her hair free in the wind. There are rare days when she has them in low pigtails, but those are very rare days.

Reference Picture

Personality: Chelsia is a mostly kind person. She has both a welcoming aura and a welcoming smile that makes people comfortable around her. She's polite to her peers and elders and can always be counted on to help with a favor. In her clan and in the families around them she is known as the Little Helper, going from home to home delivering items, running errands, and doing whatever she could do to help since she was a little girl. Because of this, Chelsia values responsibility, integrity, and punctuality.

Chelsia enjoys helping others and doing things like charity or volunteer work. She can be very sensitive in her want to make people satisfied, so if she thinks she's done something wrong it can become very stressful over it. Chelsia won't stop worrying about how she messed up until she can fix it (and she'll keep apologizing afterwards). Likewise she can't stop worrying about others who aren't feeling as happy as they should be.

History: Chelsia grew up in a farming family and worked on that farm all of her life. Her family mostly grew food (owing to their specialty of plant and earth-based powers) but would also have animals to raise on the farm from time to time. Chelsia worked the land with her parents since childhood and is more than accustomed to hard work and long days. While her family were her main teachers when developing her powers, it was important for her to excel in school so she could make the farm even that more efficient. For that reason she attended a college that would add to her ESP prowess.

While in Primary School she was apart of many extracurricular activities and volunteer clubs as possible. Couple that with working on the family farm and Chelsia's day was constantly busy. Because of it, she's very good at time management and setting priorities.

Other: Nah.

Back