• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Alcohol?

Years
  • PSA: this is not to turn into a alcohol drinker shaming thread. Thnx!

Simply put, if you drink - what do you drink?
    What's your favorite type of beer?
    Bottle or draft?
    Favorite wine?
    Red or white?
    Favorite mixed drink?
    Etc.

Personally, I'm not a huge beer drinker. I have tried a hard ciders I've tried at a bar (I want to say it was Pale Orchard), but..overall, I'm not into beer.
    As far as wines go, I'm definitely into sweet wine. My favorites include Rieslings and also White Zinfadel. I'm also always down for a good moscato.

And, as far as mixed drinks go..I'm generally good with a Disaronno/Dr Pepper, Captain Morgan/Coke, Crown/Coke. There's this good liqueur I love called X-Rated, and it goes smashingly with sprite.
    I'm also like a good margarita.
    ..heck, I'm usually good to try anything. n_n;
    One of my favorite drinks, by the way, is a mixture of Dragonfruit vodka, coconut rum, pineapple juice, lime sour, and sprite. It's soooo good. (And when we made it in the bar, we served it in a giant fish bowl)

Though, I will admit, I recently tried Absinthe and found it deplorable D:

Anyway, discuss! :P

Honest

Hi!
    Years
  • Only recently got into drinking, but I love honey whiskey. Goes down smoothly, and it's all warm and such :D Rum and coke is the only mixed drink I've had, and it's okay. Vodka... well, maybe I need to expand my pallet, but never ever get cheap vodka lol.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • If you drink - what do you drink?
    I'll try anything once, but my particular favorite is beer, wine, and rum.

I love darker ales, stouts, and bocks. My all-time favorite brand is Shiner Bock, which as far as I know is brewed in and primarily distributed in Texas and some other parts of the Southern U.S.

Bottle or draft?
    I've got no preference, but I take bottles at home and draft when I'm at a bar.

Favorite wine?
    I'm a fan of most sweet reds and moscatos

Red or white?
    no preference

Favorite mixed drink?
    Anything in the format "____ & Coke" is a certain winner. Margaritas are also fun. :D

Honest

Hi!
    Years
  • Oh, I completely neglected beer. Maybe that in itself shows my opinion on the stuff, and while I don't mind drinking it, I do think the stuff is pretty nasty. Apparently American beer sucks.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
  • People around me have made very irresponsible choices while under the influence, and for that, I don't drink alcohol. I regard it as a home-wrecker. Last month though, my dad really wanted to finish off his bottle of Fireball Cinnamon Whisky, so he kept offering shots to me and my twin brother (who used to be very against drinking akin to me, but all of a sudden he buys and enjoys beer now). So, twin quickly joined in. I didn't want any of it. Yet, they kept begging me to join in. They mostly wanted to see the stupid reaction on my face when I tasted it. And it was disgusting! I mostly wanted to share a moment with my dad and brother. And it was delightful. I loved them more than I feared the drink.

Seriously, don't drink Fireball Cinnamon Whisky, blegh. Mouth on fire, okay?

Dustmop

[i]Fight for what makes you happy[/i]
    Years
    • Seen Nov 27, 2022
    if you drink - what do you drink?
    Gotta try anything once! In general I prefer vodka, tequila, and whiskey, sometimes rum.

Favorite mixed drink?
    Vodka and tea.
    Though I do also like "___ & coke/pepsi." Tequila and Pepsi was better than expected. :3

Omg. I hate beer.
    Favorite wine?
    And wine. And champagne. Hate hate hate. I have tried so many and they all just taste like heartburn. Some tasted like piss-water. Never again.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • I drink ciders and vodka mixers, and nothing else. I haven't been doing it long so I haven't formulated a favourite yet, though I did try a Long Island Iced Tea once that was very tasty.

Goo

Fiction is an improvement on life
    Years
  • What's your favorite type of beer?
    dark lager, seriously hate all the love for IPAs. Its just a way for lightweights to get drunk while looking classy. Its not classy, its just sad.

Bottle or draft?
    Draft always and forever when its an option.

Favorite wine?
    cheap wine does me just fine. Box of the cheapest rose please

Red or white?
    Red or rose, don't care much for white.

Favorite mixed drink?
    I like margarita, and mojitos

I love stroh though. I'll drink it neat. Its a really brilliant spiced rum. I also like absinthe quite a bit.

Mostly though, I drink a lot of wine.

Years
  • I'm more into imported pale ales, like Corona or Sol (imported relative to my geographical location). But I'm not much into wine, it just tastes so bad. I can drink cider, which I sometimes do because it's cheaper than beer occasionally.
    Same with pre-mixes, they always more expensive than buying straights and they don't get you nearly as drunk.

Of course nothing beats a glass of Sailor Jerry and a cigarette.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Personally, I'm not a huge beer drinker. I have tried a hard ciders I've tried at a bar (I want to say it was Pale Orchard), but..overall, I'm not into beer.

Angry Orchard? That's the best cider out there in my opinion. I mean, outside of the stuff my boyfriend homebrews.

I can't stand beer, but I haven't yet had a wine I disliked. My boyfriend and I had Riesling for Easter and I loved it and he couldn't stand it. We're cheap so we always have a box of cheap wine in our fridge for when we want any.

As far as mixed drinks, there isn't much I dislike, but I have an affinity for rum and cokes just from drinking them almost exclusively before I could afford alcohol myself. I also like mixing fruit-flavored vodkas with orange soda. The only drinks I usually avoid are those you add to things like coffee; I can't drink it fast enough to even get a buzz, so what's the point?

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    I seldomly drink, but I do have a few preferences.

My go to drink is captains with coke or jack daniels with coke. Wine is okay, but I've come to realize I don't like it that much. It's doable though and I prefer white over red.

I generally don't like anything else. Alcohol just isn't my thing and I don't have the taste for it at all. I strongly dislike beer, but I think the smell is great lol. Vodka used to be doable until I got blackout drunk one night off it and now the thought of it has me gagging. If I'm drinking I'm just doing it to get drunk so I usually go for the strongest drink available so I can just get it over with.

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    I love beer, I love alcohol in general. I'm always up for trying something new and like most of what I try unless it's really cheap crap. Most nights I tend to go with Stella because it's the cheapest beer that's still passable. If I'm at a nice pub and want something new I prefer a stout or a strong ale. There's so many beers out there that I'm of the mind all beer haters have simply tried the crappy beers available at the supermarket, I'm sure there's something out there for everyone!

When it comes to wine, I prefer red, but have no problem with white. I'm no connoisseur, as long as it's not super cheap I'll drink it.

I enjoy spirits straight / on the rocks, a lot of the time. Can't turn down a good JD and Coke. I love Amaretto (especially disaronno, duh) most of the rums I've tried, only a handful, but all have been good. Vodka I've yet to enjoy, it's made me sick a few times and never tasted good, just a quick way to get ♥♥♥♥ed up.

I tried absinthe once, it was horrible to drink but the consequences afterward were hilarious.

Limey-chan

Batzu
    Years
  • I drink far, far too much for my own good. Especially when I could be spending my money on way more important things.

Generally i'll drink anything depending on the situation, though i'm not a huge wine drinker. My absolute fave is double rum & coke, but it's twice as expensive as other drinks here so I tend only to be able to afford a few of them a night (on top of everything else).

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • I don't drink much. I don't like being drunk or even tipsy and I have a fairly low alcohol tolerance so I don't touch alcohol much at all.

For a long time all I could drink were vodka coolers but now I find them too sweet. I don't like hard alcohol, either... or mixed drinks... so now all I drink is beer. My dad works at a craft brewery so I get free craft beer whenever he visits so I've gotten used to that. I'm an accidental beer snob. :P I really like the organic beer that they make, but for the most part I've gotten to where I can drink any lager. Dark beers, not so much.

Talon

[font=Cambria]Hidden From Mind[/font]
    Years
  • I feel like a new ♥♥♥.....

I'm 15, and this may seem weird and very unacceptable to some, but I have drank quite a bit of whiskey in my life. Jack Daniels is what my parents by. >_>
    I mean, by a lot, I mean like maybe two cap fulls. I hate it. It tastes so bad. I don't like anything alcoholic. I mean, I might when I'm an adult and can legally drink >_>, but you know.

My schools cookies taste really strange. My friends say it tastes like alcohol. I guess it sort of does, but if they mean pure alcohol, or some kind of alcoholic drink, I don't know. I know it doesn't taste like Jack Daniels whiskey. That's for sure..... bleh...

It burns you're throat. I don't like that.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    My favorite beer is a brand called Shocktop. Most of my friends live in Pennsylvania and they never heard of it - and they're all people who drink a lot - until I mentioned it, so I don't think its something that's everywhere.

It's so good. They have a ton of different flavors, but my favorite is Belgian White. It's a wheat brand, so I think all of their flavors are wheat beer. The aftertaste is soooo good too.

I've never had wine, and I had a mixed drink with some cider, vlad, vodka and some type of juice before made by my friends for St. Patricks day, but I mostly drink beer. I am open to trying anything!

Years
  • I absolutely hate the taste of alcohol. After the summer of 2012 with all the parties my ex-roommate planned, I've distanced myself from any type of alcohol; I'll only drink once in a while when I go out with friends. During those parties, we would never mix drinks, which would probably explain why I would be the first one to pass out XD I don't have any particular favourite, but I know I disgust tequila, and grow sick just thinking about it or hearing the name...Jagerbombs were the only ones that I could tolerate.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
  • I drink, I don't get drunk. Does not appeal to me at all, the whole concept or desire. I want full cognitive abilities at all times.

I'll drink wine (whites and rosés primarily, not a fan of reds and their tannins) and some cocktails (mostly caesars, that's my go-to. But, a fruity drink on the beach or by a pool is nice too)

I don't like beer because I can't stand the carbonation sensation (Even if subtle. I also don't drink soft drinks as a result, or eat poprocks lol)

Tlachtli

Crit happens.
    Years
  • I used to drink, until I took an arrow to the knee got put on an unrelated medication that contraindicates it. No drinking until I'm done with it, and the time-frame is still TBA.

I'm a big fan of Blue Moon and Sam Adams, as far as beers go. I'm not much of a wine drinker, but I do like the occasional mixed drink. Mai tais are probably my favorite, and mojitos are up there as well.

For a quick and easy DIY recipe I really like to do equal parts whiskey, water, and frozen lemonade concentrate. I don't think it has a name, but it's really just whiskey lemonade (think of it like a poor man's whiskey sour). You can make batches of it en masse to keep in the fridge, and it works just as well with the bottom-shelf stuff so it's really pretty cheap to make.

Years
  • Can't really say what my "favorites" are. I don't drink enough to really say. I just know that I prefer fruitier drinks, wine coolers and the like. Maybe some hard lemonades or ciders. I can't really drink harder stuff, I'm not a fan of the alcohol burn at all. :( And I can't stand the taste of beer.

(Although I did have a rum and coke offered to me by my brother one time. Don't know what kind of rum. I liked it, although I would have enjoyed it more were it not diet coke blech.)

One of my favorite drinks, by the way, is a mixture of Dragonfruit vodka, coconut rum, pineapple juice, lime sour, and sprite. It's soooo good. (And when we made it in the bar, we served it in a giant fish bowl)
    My god my mouth just started watering at the thought of that.

Back