• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

"SLAY THE ENDERDRAGON" Minecraft Verdanturf Gaming Event [09/13]

Status
Not open for further replies.

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
    [a id]tf2[/a id]

Content

[alink id="intro"]Master Spelunker[/alink id]
    [alink id="join"]Event information[/alink id]

FAQ

Verdanturf Coordinates:
    9.0 x, 69.0 y, 442.0 z
    IP Address:

Leather Armor, Iron Swords, Bows only.

The PC event will take place on Saturday, September 13th at 3PM Eastern Time.

Leave posts in this thread relevant to the gaming event (for confirming you're coming and/or any questions related to the game or event. Posts deemed irrelevant will be deleted)

"SLAY THE ENDERDRAGON" Gaming Event

[a id]intro[/a id]

Goodness gracious great balls of fire!

All the information you'll need about the upcoming Minecraft gaming event.

To celebrate the highly successful creation of a Minecraft city thus named Verdanturf, we will be kicking off our (hopefully) long reign of Minecraft events with the slaying of the infamous Ender Dragon in The End! Join us as the residents of Verdanturf traverse the rocky edges of No Man's Land and valiantly slay the beast that has been raging the lands of Minecraft for far too long!

The event will be taking place on this upcoming Saturday September 6th at 3PM Eastern Time. It will be best to get onto the server about 10 minutes before this time frame so we can swiftly go and kill the Ender Dragon and not have to wait for people. Thanks to the generosity of user Penta Penguin for finding the location of the end portal, we will not be disclosing the location of the actual end portal until we are in the game on that day.

When it comes to equipment, Leather Armor, Iron Swords, and Bows are your only means of attack and defense allowed in this event. You will be allowed to bring Cobblestone, food, and other items to keep yourself alive there, but when it comes to wearable items those are the only ones allowed. A bunker will be made near the end portal that will allow us to quickly go back into The End if we do die, and spare equipment will be given as well.

For this Minecraft event THREE separate emblems are up for grabs. The first emblem is for participating in this gaming event; the second emblem is for participating in a small mini challenge while we're in The End; the third emblem is for surviving the battle with the Ender Dragon without dying. The mini challenge will incorporate fighting the Enderman in the The End for thirty seconds without dying. If you are able to survive that, then you will be awarded that emblem.

[a id]join[/a id]

Event information

Specific information regarding the Minecraft gaming event.

PC

When: Saturday, September 13th , 2014 @ 3PM Eastern Time
    Other Info:Verdanturf Coordinates 9.0 x, 69.0 y, 442.0 z. IP Address: 206.217.141.236. Leather Armor, Iron Swords, Bows only.​

Last edited:

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
    omg take your signature out of the post noob it's ugly

I can't wait! I like the added challenge of weaker armor. Also...don't forget your pumpkins, folks! Protect your face from the Endermen!

Yukari

I'll be there if possible! Though I doubt that I can beat it without dying. :P

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
    question can we bring enchanted leather armor if we so choose to do that ridiculous sort of thing
    also bow and sword enchants what goes for that

El Héroe Oscuro

Years
    question can we bring enchanted leather armor if we so choose to do that ridiculous sort of thing
    also bow and sword enchants what goes for that

Leather yes, sword no, bow yes.

Because you know, I'm wicked like that *goes back into the shadows*

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
    The mini challenge will incorporate fighting the Enderman in the Nether for thirty seconds without dying.

Theres Endermen in the Nether :O

I dont think I could come since exams week ;; maybe if it was pushed back a week.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
    Years
    I'll be on the server before that though to collect supplies. Also, is a pickaxe acceptable to bring? Digging holes to hide would be very useful.

El Héroe Oscuro

Years
    I'll be on the server before that though to collect supplies. Also, is a pickaxe acceptable to bring? Digging holes to hide would be very useful.

That's fine. Just don't use it as a weapon if you can manage that. It takes out some of the fun and challenge of the event if you go in there "guns a' blazin'" (which yeah, we'll be doing that anyways but with less powerful tools you know?)

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
    Years
    That's fine. Just don't use it as a weapon if you can manage that. It takes out some of the fun and challenge of the event if you go in there "guns a' blazin'" (which yeah, we'll be doing that anyways but with less powerful tools you know?)
    Come on, do you really think I would devalue a challenge?

Years
    ...I'd like to join, but I haven't been on the map since like two weeks ago and I have no leather or anything, ;-; Unless someone wants to tell me where some cows are :) I'll be on the server though, so I might join, shouldn't be too hard to find leather...right?

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
    Years
    Lol I was happy to see that you were going to postpone it for a week because I was going to be at work during that time tomorrow, but then I looked at my schedule and I will also be at work at the same time next Saturday... Is there anything I can do to help prepare for the battle or something so that I can still get a participation emblem?

Yukari

I find it ironic that my computer has a terrible graphics card and Minecraft normally lags on it. (Though I fixed it by tweaking the settings.) But once 1.8 was released everyone else stared complaining about lag, while it didn't effect the performance on my PC. If anything it runs better now.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back