• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chromatic's Return

Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2023
    Two old favourites, all spruced up and ready with new navigation, footer, and plenty of bugs squashed to keep you comfortable!
    These fantastic styles were originally created by Patchisou Yutohru, and are now updated with plenty of PokéCommunity's new features and assets. A big thank you to our own Hiroshi Sotomura for his wonderful work on the new nav bar, footer, and other improvements also.

Chromatic

Switch now
    Chromatic 2.0

As with before you can edit the style accents, so that the style reflects your favourite colour! You can do this by going into your User CP, choosing Edit Options, and scrolling down to Style Accents. The styles also have Fixed-Width and Fluid-Width options that you can also choose in Edit Options under Forum Display Mode. Have fun with the styles, and as always, let us know if you see any issues and we'll be sure to fix them as soon as possible!

Last edited by a moderator:

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • I am so happy to see one of my favorite styles getting a reboot as well. <3 I'm digging the navigation bar so much!

Years
  • Thank GOD you have updated and fixed the bugs on this theme. As Nick will know, I have been using it since it came out and recently, it kept bugging out.
    Not sure on the notification and navigation bar, but we will see.​

Akiba

[img]http://i.imgur.com/o3RYT4v.png[/img]
    Years
  • not actually fixed

I'm getting a double header on Chromatic only. Chromatic 2.0 is fine. This only occurs when reduced mode is enabled.

bu1T9Lv.png

Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2023
    Wait, I thought you made the updates... D:​
    I'm kind of upset nobody told me about this...
    I made the updates, because I have been fixing styles for the better part of a year now. I've fixed a lot of bugs on a lot of styles, and also updated them with the new features that have been added to PC since their release. If I (or someone else on staff) did not do this, we would have very few styles that would actually work properly at all. In order to ensure that we actually get that done it's counter-productive to contact the relevant style creator for each change we make. In this instance, I didn't actually change much of the design of Chromatic, or Chromatic 2.0 at all. Both styles were not working, they lacked functional navigation, notification systems, message(s) system, certain new features, as well as using an outdated footer message. The footer itself is the biggest change to the overall design and it reflects that which we hope to be a base for future footers on new styles.

It is part of our intention to begin modernising some of the more popular styles on PC so that they are completely functional and meet the high standards people have come to expect from our styles. We work on site improvements and fixes almost daily as of late in an effort to make PC a more fluid environment in terms of usability. If you create a style for PC so that others can use it, it is still the property of PC and staff have the right to edit it so that it remains functional. Production time would slow down immensely if we had to contact an original style creator each time we fixed something.

In this case, I was asked to attempt to bring in the new navigation and footer by one of our Administrators, to Chromatic as I expressed interest in making it functional again. I've made dozens of styles work that previously did not, or were missing functionality. I have a large change log to reflect this. However in the case of Chromatic and Chromatic 2.0 I decided to make a thread announcement because both styles have been very popular and I had hoped to ensure users were aware that they were working again. As for a long time they were not working. In the same morning I was tasked with this, I completed it, posted the announcement, and informed Nick of the changes.

Now, both styles that Nick created have the broken backups. Nick you're more than welcome to fix those in your own time so that they meet your desired tastes and design preferences. However at the end of the day styles need to be updated quite constantly so that they work, that should be something anyone who creates a style would understand. So it was either leave the styles broken as they were, or rejuvenate them into a position where they are usable.

If you have design preferences, feel free to expand on Chromatic and Chromatic 2.0 and we can look into uploading them for you. I'm willing and able to discuss any problems or grievances you have about the styles, and will work towards reaching a resolution that you're happy with. Myself, Jake, Audy, or anyone who takes care of the site's styles. In interest of making a compromise I'll contact you if I have any interest in fixing any of your styles in future. But there's no need to be upset, your styles as you made them still exist, these ones I have posted are merely functional alternatives that I didn't think needed forewarning before I made them so, as like I say, we have over a hundred styles on PC - we have to do our best to keep them functional.

Years

• Good form on fixing up the styles. I just remember this being, I think, Nick's baby. But meh! Don't think Nick is THAT upset, think he just means he would have liked it if someone poked him saying "We would like to update" or whatever.

Either way, feedback on it, it is simple, which is what I like about it and why I use it still. Don't change any of that or I will have a heart attack, as well as Nick! :P​

Years
  • While i've never used these styles myself, I will say I do like that they were brought back, because there are quite a few fans of these two. And I find it somewhat to my liking that 2.0 has the Who's Online, birthdays/anniversaries and such at the top of the page, so i'd take that well if I had to. Both have well represented characters too.

Back