• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[RESULTS] The Blog-Off

Years

• The Blog-Off

Welcome to the twelfth annual PC Get-Together fellow bloggers!

This is event is a writing competition in order to see who can produce the most interesting and well-crafted post to their blog. In sticking with this years theme, which is the olympics, your post must be related to a general topic of "successes and failures".

This can mean a success or failure of your own, of someone else, it can be about something historical or even something philosophical. You are also not required to write about both. You can do both, or focus on just a success or failure. Feel free to be as creative in interpreting the topic as you wish in bringing us the best read you can provide!

Judging

The judging method in this competition is quite simple. Your score is based upon the creativity and quality you demonstrate, how interesting a read your entry is and on how closely your entry fits the topic. Once each member of the judging panel has reviewed your entry, they will give you a score out of ten (?/10) as well as some short written feedback. At the end of the competition the three people with the highest scores will be given first, second and third and will be revealed.

The judging panel consist of gimmepie, Kiyoshi the Polar Bear, Eros and RayZax. If you have any queries you may post them here or contact one of us.

Signing Up

To participate in this competition you simply need to fill out the form below. You have until the closing of GT12 to submit your blog entry, after that results will be tallied.

Name of Blog:
    Link to Entry:

List of Bloggers

1. Forever - What is Success?
    2. StarryWindy - Turning tears of failure into success
    3. BidoofFTW - I'm Good
    4. Lycanthropy - Words From a PC "Newbie"
    5. Meganium - In Order to Succeed, You Must Fail
    6. Team Fail - A Life Lesson I've Learned - Something That Took Twenty Years to Learn

Last edited:
    Years
  • So could we use a blog entry that's been previously written, say three years ago? Or does it have to be written during the duration of the event?

Years
  • I know it's closed and all, but I wanted to post anyway, because I liked the subject:

Name of Blog: It's about the journey, not the result.
    Link to Entry: http://www.pokecommunity.com/blog.php?b=19398

It's a shame we couldn't have the entry in the competition, but it was an amazing read nonetheless :)

As for the long awaited results, everyone's judgements are in and all participants should have their results shortly!

Years

• Results

The time has come at last to reveal our placings. Each and every one of you that decided to compete in this event did an amazing job and on behalf of all the judges I would like to thank you for your participation, enthusiasm and hard work.

Participation

These competitors all did a fantastic job, unfortunately though only three people are able to place in the event. Your hard work will still be rewarded with a participation emblem however and we hope to see you back for the next Blog-Off.

Meganium, Lycanthropy, Starry Windy

Third Place

The second runner-up and winner of our bronze medal emblem. In this case:

Forever with her entry What is Success?

• Gimmepie - 8/10
    • Kiyoshi the Polar Bear - 6/10
    • Rayzax - 10/10
    • Eros - 9/10
    • Total: 33/40

Second Place

The runner-up and winner of our silver medal emblem. In this case:

Team Fail with his entry A Life Lesson I've Learned - Something That Took Twenty Years to Learn.

• Gimmepie - 7/10
    • Kiyoshi the Polar Bear - 7/10
    • Rayzax - 9.5/10
    • Eros - 10/10
    • Total: 33.5/40

THE WINNER

This person was the best entrant in the competition managing to please all of us, something not so easy to do considering we were all looking for different things, and is the winner of our gold medal emblem. This person should be praised not only for their writing ability but also to their ability to capture the hearts of their readers.

Congratulations to Bidoof FTW with I'm Good!

• Gimmepie - 9/10
    • Kiyoshi the Polar Bear - 9/10
    • Rayzax - 9/10
    • Eros - 10/10
    • Total: 37/40

Back