• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Garchomp, Mewtwo and Braixen announced for Pokken

Years
    Spoiler:

As Serebii has reported, there have been three new Pokemon revealed on the roster for the upcoming Pokken Tournament - Garchomp, Mewtwo and Braixen.

I definitely saw Mewtwo and Garchomp coming since they are fan faves, but totally didn't expect Braixen (I blame Serena from the anime lol). But that said, are you looking forward to playing as these Pokemon when the game comes out?

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    Here is a question stuck to my head , Why did Braxian chosen for Pokken Tournament when it should be Greninja or Hawlucha ?
    At least , We could see the burst attack of Ash-Greninja .
    Plus , Hawlucha probably borne for Pokken Tournament !

Last edited:

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
    Are you sure Braixen is playable and not an assist? This shouldn't be possible, because 1) we already have Fennekin as an assist, which automatically disqualifies its evolutions from getting playable status, which is why we won't be seeing Greninja, and 2) Braixen is still a pure Fire type and doesn't get its Psychic typing until it evolves into Delphox, which means it can't be added to prevent type overlaps, which is why we won't be seeing Hawlucha. Also, what about that mystery Pokémon that was going to be shown on the 15th? As far as I know, none of those three have the "ra" kanji in their Japanese names.

Laguna

Sir Zangoose
    Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Aug 31, 2016
    Yeah, I'm having a hard time believing that Braixen is a playable character, though Garchomp is pretty cool and Mewtwo was pretty expected at this point. Although if they're breaking the whole "one pokémon per type" thing then maybe we'll be seeing Aggron in the game too X3

okay maybe aggron fits under that rule but that's a stretch

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
    Interesting; I'm very glad that none of these 3 Pokemon match the "Pokemon containing ラ (ra) in its Japanese name" set for unveiling on January 15, 2016; even more surprises await/abound! ^^

Reactions
    :
    Garchomp - Dang it, Pokemon and all of your patterns/counterparts! >.< While I'm glad for the inclusion of Garchomp since he/she/it (although I perceive it as male) has long been a competitive threat in the core series Pokemon games and does not seem to be a "clone of standard dragon fare/Charizard" in terms of playstyle, Garchomp's inclusion just makes me pine for all of the other pseudo-legendary Pokemon/Dragonite-esque Pokemon - namely, Dragonite, Tyranitar, Salamence, Metagross, Hydreigon, and Goodra. I personally feel that Metagross and Goodra would be the only other Dragonite-esque Pokemon capable of offering a unique playstyle in Pokken Tournament, but then again, there is a large potential for innovation.. Well, at least Dragonite made it in as a Pokemon tournament.. I'll await Garchomp's moveset, although I feel that Scyther could have been included in Garchomp's place due to the "arm blades" concept (as well as the equally cool-looking design of Scyther).

Regular!Mewtwo - Sigh...what is this, one clone already, before the Pokken Tournament game has even come out (I haven't fully watched the gameplay of Regular!Pikachu and Masked Pikachu, although my inference is that it seems that their movesets will differ sufficiently from each other)? I hope that their playstyles differ drastically; otherwise, I will probably be annoyed, as one of them (mostly Shadow Mewtwo and all of its "dark crystal" nonsense shenanigans) could have served as a dedicated palette swap/alternate costume. I have read about the potential for Shadow Mewtwo showcasing "Mega Mewtwo X" and Regular!Mewtwo showcasing "Mega Mewtwo Y", although the rationale will still be poor to me, as I personally feel that only Mega Mewtwo Y/Awakened-Forme Mewtwo should have existed in the first place. I dislike "Mega Mewtwo X" particularly since it goes against Mewtwo's foundation that was instituted in Generation 1 (being Psychic-type-oriented and excelling in terms of Special Attack). The idea of a Pokemon having the option to be physically-oriented or specially-oriented at full power (Mega Evolution) is intriguing, although I don't think that Mewtwo or Charizard fits that. If Mewtwo's natural Attack and Special Attack base stats had been identical and if Mewtwo lacked such a diametric typing (the Psychic type evoking that mental/psychic techniques counterparting physical/hand-to-hand techniques), I would have been fine with Mewtwo's 2 Mega Evolutions (since it was basically conceived as the de facto "most powerful Pokemon" incarnate), but as it is, "Mega Mewtwo X" just rubs me the wrong way.. Anyways, back to Pokken Tournament..

Braixen: Sigh...similar to the aforementioned "pattern/counterpart" with Garchomp and the accompanying Dragonite-esque Pokemon, now I'm going to feel like the other Kalos starter Pokemon should be included as playable (at least Frogadier is a background Pokemon, and I guess Chesnaught lends itself well with the Fighting type..).. Oddly enough, I don't mind that Greninja is the only playable Kalos starter Pokemon included in Super Smash Bros. 4, probably because Greninja's design is leagues above its compatriots, there's not many water users on the roster, and because it's a freaking ninja frog!

Anyway, I tend to dislike the concept of "not-fully-evolved Pokemon" being elevated to the status of fully-evolved Pokemon (although I guess it works fine for "underdog Pokemon anime episodes"..).. You already have the concept of "final evolutionary stage" (at least for 2-stage and 3-stage evolutionary Pokemon families) representing the concept of a Pokemon attaining its full natural potential, and then the concept of Mega Evolution permitting the Pokemon in question to go beyond and access even more strength/power/capabilities. Having a second-stage Pokemon that isn't fully-evolved match feats with other fully-evolved Pokemon just looks downright strange. At least Pikachu (if it is perceived as being based off of Ash's Pikachu) generally has the excuses of "Series Mascot" (an anomaly as it is) and "Light Ball" (providing an in-game rationale for Pikachu's irregular heightened power, and most likely derived from the excuse of "Series Mascot"). Jigglypuff has less of an excuse (I'm mostly thinking in terms of Super Smash Bros.), but I'll give it "former anime prominence", I guess..

But yeah, Braixen's inclusion just seems odd. If the developers are going to include a member of the Fire-type Kalos starter Pokemon family, at least make it Delphox to give her/him/it (I perceive it as female) full access to her capabilities. The only plausible rationale I have seen as to why Braixen trumped Delphox is due to design/aesthetics, which is kind of weird, in my opinion. It is not that hard to make Delphox look as nice as Braixen. I feel like the main issues with Delphox's design are the clashing "red" and "dark red" on its "dress fur", as well as the humongous big ol' "red ear tufts" and less visible "black leg coloration" to contrast Delphox's white fur. The other rationale that I've seen is that because Yvonne/Serena currently has a Braixen in the anime, which isn't good enough, in my opinion - the ultimate goal of a competitive Pokemon Trainer, in my opinion, should be to fully-evolve as many Pokemon as possible (unless the Pokemon itself is unwilling, which isn't a scenario in the core series Pokemon games except for Pokemon Yellow, and I guess also if you count the mechanics of happiness and affection for other games)...and I feel that anime!Braixen should eventually become a Delphox, cuteness factor and design factor be darned. I mean, one can go and challenge the Battle Frontier (or similar battling facilities, each being the perceived pinnacle of Pokemon battling) Pokemon Trainers and personally adhere to "Little Cup" rules, but don't come crying back when the fully-evolved Pokemon powerhouse foes utterly trounce one's team - one is just handicapping himself/herself/itself in such a scenario..

And yeah, I also dislike the concept of Eviolite (along with providing the obstacle of causing balance issues if current powerful single-stage and 2-stage Pokemon were to gain future evolutionary stages/forms). {XD} If any not-fully-evolved Pokemon should get a slot in Pokken Tournament, I feel that it should be Scyther, since it is notable in that its Base Stat Total does not change upon evolution and the only distinct/main difference(s) with Scizor being 1 type, the coded Hidden Ability, and potentially moveset. The only other viable cases I see are Team Rocket!Meowth (since it specifically has a vendetta against Persian, particularly Giovanni's Persian, not to mention being rather tactical and talented at its current state with all of Team Rocket's plans and such) and Porygon2 (with Porygon-Z being a literally dubious evolution, as well as their competitive roles notably being different, even without considering the usage of Eviolite).
    Nevertheless, I still hope that Greninja is playable with Pokken Tournament (and he should be, considering it beat out every other Kalos-debuting Pokemon for a "slot"/dedicated development time in Super Smash Bros. 4); otherwise, I might feel that development time was wasted on Braixen.

TL;DR: Yay for Garchomp although ZOMG-patterns&counterparts; Mewtwo had better not be a clone, otherwise, a palette swap/alternate costume would have been better; Delphox > Braixen in terms of roster choice since Pokemon should be accessing their full battling potentials (as generally "fully-evolved" > "not-fully-evolved") to be, as Nurse Joy would say, "fighting fit".

Last edited:

Mewtwolover

Mewtwo worshiper
    Years
    Why did Braxian chosen for Pokken Tournament when it should be Greninja or Hawlucha ?
    Really good question, I've wondered that as well. IMO even Delphox would've been more suitable for Pokken Tournament.

Regular Mewtwo was another surprise because there's already Shadow Mewtwo. Now the interesting question is "can it mega evolve and into which form?", I think it's likely that it can mega evolve into Mega Mewtwo X because it's more suitable for the game since it's partly Fighting type.

GiovanniViridian

A World Of Pain!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2023
    One question: Are these characters exclusive for the Wii U version, or also available for the arcade version? I keep on seeing news that these characters are for the Wii U version.

Anyway, I'm actually surprised that Braixen made it in, but even if it's Delphox it's still pretty good for me as I'm a fan of the Fennekin Evolution Line. Assuming that these characters are available for the Wii U version only, I'm more tempted to get a Wii U for the end of this year but it's unlikely lol.

Also, as for Mewtwo and Garchomp, they're great selections.

Nas160

Sometimes here...!
    Years
    Mewtwo's not surprising at all. Powerful, one of the more iconic Pokémon, very popular, and not one but two Megas for them to choose for his Special attack. Garchomp's also pretty fitting for this kind of game, not to mention he has a Mega as well.

I wasn't expecting Braixen, but I'm not really surprised, solely for the fact that it's just so popular. There seem to be tons of fan favorites in this game- Pikachu, Charizard, Lucario, Gardevoir, Sceptile... Either way, I adore the Fennekin line. I love Fennekin and Braixen a bit more than Delphox, but I wouldn't be upset if the latter was chosen for this game. It's gonna be interesting to see how Braixen works in Pokken.

One question: Are these characters exclusive for the Wii U version, or also available for the arcade version? I keep on seeing news that these characters are for the Wii U version.

I honestly hope they don't pull a Hyrule Warriors with this. I would prefer if both versions' rosters were identical; I don't want to have to drive to the nearest arcade with Pokken to play as a certain character.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
    Regular!Mewtwo - Sigh...what is this, two clones already, before the Pokken Tournament game has even come out (I haven't fully watched the gameplay of Regular!Pikachu and Masked Pikachu, although my inference is that it seems that their movesets will differ sufficiently from each other)? I hope that their playstyles differ drastically; otherwise, I will probably be annoyed as one of them (mostly Shadow Mewtwo and all of its "dark crystal" nonsense shenanigans) could have served as a dedicated palette swap/alternate costume. I have read about the potential for Shadow Mewtwo showcasing "Mega Mewtwo X" and Regular!Mewtwo showcasing "Mega Mewtwo Y", although the rationale will still be poor to me, as I personally feel that only Mega Mewtwo Y/Awakened-Forme Mewtwo should have existed in the first place. I dislike "Mega Mewtwo X" particularly since it goes against Mewtwo's foundation that was instituted in Generation 1 (being Psychic-type-oriented and excelling in terms of Special Attack). The idea of a Pokemon having the option to be physically-oriented or specially-oriented at full power (Mega Evolution) is intriguing, although I don't think that Mewtwo or Charizard fits that. If Mewtwo's natural Attack and Special Attack base stats had been identical and if Mewtwo lacked such a diametric typing (the Psychic type evoking that mental/psychic techniques counterparting physical/hand-to-hand techniques), I would have been fine with Mewtwo's 2 Mega Evolutions (since it was basically conceived as the de facto "most powerful Pokemon" incarnate), but as it is, "Mega Mewtwo X" just rubs me the wrong way.. Anyways, back to Pokken Tournament..
    You do realize that Shadow Mewtwo isn't playable in the roster and stays in its Mega X form throughout the matches against him. Regular Mewtwo will stay as regular Mewtwo throughout every match it's in, so there's no reason to call both variations clones, since both variations of Pikachu (regular and libre) aren't clone of each other either. Also, Mewtwo lost his de facto "most powerful Pokémon" incarnate to Mega Rayquaza, who got its very own separate tier above ubers.

Braixen: Sigh...similar to the aforementioned "pattern/counterpart" with Garchomp and the accompanying Dragonite-esque Pokemon, now I'm going to feel like the other Kalos starter Pokemon should be included as playable (at least Frogadier is a background Pokemon, and I guess Chesnaught lends itself well with the Fighting type..).. Oddly enough, I don't mind that Greninja is the only playable Kalos starter Pokemon included in Super Smash Bros. 4, probably because Greninja's design is leagues above its compatriots, there's not many water users on the roster, and because it's a freaking ninja frog!

Anyway, I tend to dislike the concept of "not-fully-evolved Pokemon" being elevated to the status of fully-evolved Pokemon (although I guess it works fine for "underdog Pokemon anime episodes"..).. You already have the concept of "final evolutionary stage" (at least for 2-stage and 3-stage evolutionary Pokemon families) representing the concept of a Pokemon attaining its full natural potential, and then the concept of Mega Evolution permitting the Pokemon in question to go beyond and access even more strength/power/capabilities. Having a second-stage Pokemon that isn't fully-evolved match feats with other fully-evolved Pokemon just looks downright strange. At least Pikachu (if it is perceived as being based off of Ash's Pikachu) generally has the excuses of "Series Mascot" (an anomaly as it is) and "Light Ball" (providing an in-game rationale for Pikachu's irregular heightened power, and most likely derived from the excuse of "Series Mascot"). Jigglypuff has less of an excuse (I'm mostly thinking in terms of Super Smash Bros.), but I'll give it "former anime prominence", I guess..

But yeah, Braixen's inclusion just seems odd. If the developers are going to include a member of the Fire-type Kalos starter Pokemon family, at least make it Delphox to give her/him/it (I perceive it as female) full access to her capabilities. The only plausible rationale I have seen as to why Braixen trumped Delphox is due to design/aesthetics, which is kind of weird, in my opinion. It is not that hard to make Delphox look as nice as Braixen. I feel like the main issues with Delphox's design are the clashing "red" and "dark red" on its "dress fur", as well as the humongous big ol' "red ear tufts" and less visible "black leg coloration" to contrast Delphox's white fur. The other rationale that I've seen is that because Yvonne/Serena currently has a Braixen in the anime, which isn't good enough, in my opinion - the ultimate goal of a competitive Pokemon Trainer, in my opinion, should be to fully-evolve as many Pokemon as possible (unless the Pokemon itself is unwilling, which isn't a scenario in the core series Pokemon games except for Pokemon Yellow, and I guess also if you count the mechanics of happiness and affection for other games)...and I feel that anime!Braixen should eventually become a Delphox, cuteness factor and design factor be darned. I mean, one can go and challenge the Battle Frontier (or similar battling facilities, each being the perceived pinnacle of Pokemon battling) Pokemon Trainers and personally adhere to "Little Cup" rules, but don't come crying back when the fully-evolved Pokemon powerhouse foes utterly trounce one's team - one is just handicapping himself/herself/itself in such a scenario..

And yeah, I also dislike the concept of Eviolite (along with providing the obstacle of causing balance issues if current powerful single-stage and 2-stage Pokemon were to gain future evolutionary stages/forms). {XD} If any not-fully-evolved Pokemon should get a slot in Pokken Tournament, I feel that it should be Scyther, since it is notable in that its Base Stat Total does not change upon evolution and the only distinct/main difference(s) with Scizor being 1 type, the coded Hidden Ability, and potentially moveset. The only other viable cases I see are Team Rocket!Meowth (since it specifically has a vendetta against Persian, particularly Giovanni's Persian, not to mention being rather tactical and talented at its current state with all of Team Rocket's plans and such) and Porygon2 (with Porygon-Z being a literally dubious evolution, as well as their competitive roles notably being different, even without considering the usage of Eviolite).
    Nevertheless, I still hope that Greninja is playable with Pokken Tournament (and he should be, considering it beat out every other Kalos-debuting Pokemon for a "slot"/dedicated development time in Super Smash Bros. 4); otherwise, I might feel that development time was wasted on Braixen.
    Since Braixen's debut breaks the rule of "support Pokémon disqualifying its evolutionary lines from being playable," Greninja now has a possible chance of getting into the roster, as well as Sylveon to increase more quadrupedal fighters. It's believed that the reason Braxien got in over Delphox is because fans love the former more than the latter, design-wise. Just look at all of the Braixen fanart you encounter compared to Delphox.

I honestly hope they don't pull a Hyrule Warriors with this. I would prefer if both versions' rosters were identical; I don't want to have to drive to the nearest arcade with Pokken to play as a certain character.
    Wouldn't the arcade version of vanilla Street Fighter 4 be a better example, because it was already revealed that the characters from the 3DS version of Hyrule Warriors can be transferred onto the Wii U version if you own both games. the arcade version of vanilla Street Fighter 4 only has the original 12 + Akuma and the six newcomers, whereas the console ports had Cammy, Fei Long, Dan, Sakura, and Rose as exclusives.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    Question : Is Regular Mewtwo a match for Shadow Mewtwo ?
    Since Shadow Mewtwo has the power to destroy planet.

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
    You do realize that Shadow Mewtwo isn't playable in the roster and stays in its Mega X form throughout the matches against him. Regular Mewtwo will stay as regular Mewtwo throughout every match it's in, so there's no reason to call both variations clones, since both variations of Pikachu (regular and libre) aren't clone of each other either. Also, Mewtwo lost his de facto "most powerful Pokémon" incarnate to Mega Rayquaza, who got its very own separate tier above ubers.

Since Braixen's debut breaks the rule of "support Pokémon disqualifying its evolutionary lines from being playable," Greninja now has a possible chance of getting into the roster, as well as Sylveon to increase more quadrupedal fighters. It's believed that the reason Braxien got in over Delphox is because fans love the former more than the latter, design-wise. Just look at all of the Braixen fanart you encounter compared to Delphox.

1:
    Shadow Mewtwo:
    In the November 12, 2015 Nintendo Direct presentation (with the conveyed information also being echoed by this official press release), during the Pokken Tournament video segment, the presenter specifically states: "As a bonus, an amiibo card that unlocks Shadow Mewtwo will be offered in the first production run. Normally, Shadow Mewtwo can only be unlocked in the game after you fulfill certain conditions. But when you scan the Shadow Mewtwo amiibo card on the [Wii U] GamePad, you can start using Shadow Mewtwo right away."; the caption "Use Shadow Mewtwo right away!" also appears on-screen during the video. I would argue that the wording is an indication/implication that Shadow Mewtwo is indeed playable - at least from my experience, in videogame discussions, the terminology of "use (character)" typically means "(character) is playable/play as (character)" rather than "face off against (character) who is a boss". Players usually can't "use (play as)" bosses anyway, and when players can use bosses that have been conferred playable status, such a principle/trope is usually notable/distinctly out of the ordinary.

And for what it's worth, the outlets of Bulbapedia, Serebii, and TVTropes all have Shadow Mewtwo listed as a playable character, so if Shadow Mewtwo is supposedly not playable, quite a few people have this piece of news wrongly reported, then.. While the official Japanese website for Pokken Tournament currently does not have Shadow Mewtwo listed as being "on the roster" at the moment, this may be due to his (normally) unlockable status. In any case, I guess that waiting until Pokken Tournament's actual home-console release for more answers is the best option.

Regular!Mewtwo:
    I don't see any current confirmation that Regular!Mewtwo stays in his standard form throughout all of his matches (unless the 2016 CoroCoro screenshot Japanese text from the news mentions this, as other than Mewtwo's concept artwork, I don't see any gameplay screenshots for Regular!Mewtwo. Admittedly, the boss gameplay we have of Shadow Mewtwo does shows him as retaining his "Mega Mewtwo X" Burst Mode transformation throughout the match, but it makes no indication of what happens when Shadow Mewtwo is playable (as far as I know). Also, the amiibo card specifically shows Shadow Mewtwo's standard form instead of "Shadow Mega Mewtwo X", so if Shadow Mewtwo retains his "constantly active Burst Mode" mechanic, I don't know why the card would be showcasing a form that you would only see for a few seconds at the beginning of battle rather than the form that you actually play as for most of the battle.

I personally anticipated that the "transformation retainment" of Shadow Mewtwo (when encountered in a boss capacity) was strictly for "boss battle" purposes, since videogame bosses typically have "traits" (that players can't normally achieve themselves) purely to increase a segment's difficulty level. Since Burst Mode is perceived as "powerful" compared to a character's normal state, I do not see why a playable Shadow Mewtwo would gain such a permanent advantage over the rest of the cast unless the capabilities and attacks "Shadow Mega Mewtwo X" were toned down for balance purposes (unless Namco-Bandai Games does not particularly care if "Shadow Mega Mewtwo X" is balanced relative to the rest of the cast). While Regular!Mewtwo and Shadow!Mewtwo could potentially be differentiated like Regular!Pikachu and Masked Pikachu, I guess I am personally not very confident that such differentiation will occur, given what happened with the poor implementation of Dark Pit (who acts as a clone of Pit) in Super Smash Bros. 4, another game developed by Namco-Bandai Games.

Regarding "de facto most powerful Pokémon incarnate" to Mega Rayquaza, the "tiers" thing really only applies if you are subscribing Smogon's tiers. I guess I was more discussing in terms of common depiction, lore, and popular culture, where I feel that Mewtwo is typically regarded as "most powerful Pokemon ever" (and I was more referring to Mewtwo being the first Pokemon conceived to be "most powerful Pokemon ever", at a time when Mega Rayquaza did not exist). And at least in terms of Base Stat Totals, Mega Mewtwo and Primal Mega Rayquaza are equally ranked at 700 points/units.

2:
    Braixen & Greninja:
    I personally don't think that a Pokemon/individual appearing in one role in a given videogame had/should have any effect (such as "disqualification") on the same Pokemon (or its evolutionary relative)/individual appearing in another role within the same videogame - I have this stance for all videogames, not just Pokken Tournament. Non-playable characters should still be able to potentially also feature as playable characters, and vice-versa. Granted, I can see how such an implementation could be perceived as a "redundancy/waste of resources", but it's not like it should be a definite rule (at least in my opinion). In any case, the reason I mentioned Greninja in particular is that I have a sinking feeling that Namco-Bandai Games may explicitly exclude Greninja (and I guess Jigglypuff, but that's an aside thing) from Pokken Tournament's roster specifically to "distance/mix things up with" Pokken Tournament somehow from the Pokemon portion of the roster of Super Smash Bros. 4..
    Garchomp, Mewtwo and Braixen announced for Pokken

In regards to Braixen (this comment isn't directed towards you specifically; just my general thoughts), even if Braixen is aesthetically more favored in comparison to Delphox by the majority of the Pokemon fandom (and I even like Braixen's design better than Delphox mostly because of coloration and the balance between colors), I still don't think that aesthetics should necessarily override a Pokemon accessing its full potential when joining a fighting game roster. With a personal example, in terms of visuals, I think that Rhydon is much better designed than Rhyperior, with Rhydon having an amazing design and Rhyperior having a roughly decent/above-average design. However, if a "Rhyhorn family member" were to be Pokken Tournament playable character, I would still vouch for the inclusion of Rhyperior over Rhydon due to Rhyperior representing the most powerful form that a Rhyhorn can naturally attain (and thus being suitable for battle/fighting).

Last edited:
    Years
    • Brazixen is popular
    • Fennekin is an assist
    • Delphox is hated
    Honestly, Brazixen being added makes me happy and hope that Pokken Fighters across US arcades. But Standard Mewtwo no sense (unless it becomes M-Mewtwo Y). Garchomp singles out Haxorus I guess

Years
    A pic of Braixen in action against Blaziken:
    Spoiler:

Apparently it can ride on its tail's stick, like a real broomstick.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
    Sylveon is in the support Pokémon roster: https://serebii.net/pokken/support.shtml

Yeah, I spoke too soon on that part.

I have this theory going on regarding the character select screen for Pokken. You see those empty columns from the far left side and far right side? I believe those slots are reserved for the Wii U-exclusive fighters, meaning that we're gonna be getting 6 fighters exclusive to the Wii U version. Since Mewtwo, Shadow Mewtwo, Garchomp, and Braixen are our confirmed exclusives, that only leaves two exclusives left to be revealed. This also means that there two fighters left to be revealed for both versions of the game, adding a total of 4 fighters left. We know that Namco reveals one new fighter every month, and since we're in January and the Wii U version comes out on March, that would give them a two-month gap to reveal the last two fighters, as well as the last two Wii U-exclusive fighters via CoroCoro when it's March.

Back