• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

10th Anniversary happens this year!

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    September 26th marks the 10th anniversary of...

Pokémon Diamond and Pearl versions were released in Japan on September 28, 2006 and that same day also marks the beginning of Generation IV! Additionally the very first episode of the Diamond and Pearl series was aired on that same day!

Generation IV includes fantastic games like Pokémon Ranger: Shadows of Almia, Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky, HeartGold and SoulSilver, Pokémon Battle Revolution, etc.

A picture of the starters from Generation IV core games.
    Spoiler:

Let's discuss about...
    - The positive and negative impact this generation has brought to the whole franchise.
    - Your favorite things and thoughts over the Generation IV (from games, side-games, manga to anime, characters, plot, etc).
    - Celebrations: Are you gonna celebrate this day by replaying any Generation IV main or side games? Are you gonna draw an art to commemorate this special day? Are you going to rewatch the Diamond and Pearl seasons?
    And more...

Sirenita55

Team Popplio!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2018
    Pearl has such a special place in my heart, it came out when I was at college and going through a rough patch. It was a comfort blanket of sorts when I went to uni and it was the game I logged the most hours on. Unfortunately after my second DS model broke, I gave my cartridge to my little brother. I think this anniversary is the perfect excuse to go hunting for a new copy. :p

Reactions: Sun

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Pearl has such a special place in my heart, it came out when I was at college and going through a rough patch. It was a comfort blanket of sorts when I went to uni and it was the game I logged the most hours on. Unfortunately after my second DS model broke, I gave my cartridge to my little brother. I think this anniversary is the perfect excuse to go hunting for a new copy. :p

Despite my constant complain on Gen IVs slow frame rates, nevertheless, Gen IV's still a great generation! It has introduced a lot of stuff that still affects the gaming nowadays, For example the move categorizations, the Garchomp line, several strong moves like Flare Blitz, Flash Cannon, Leaf Storm and so on.

Similar to HudsonBay, Generation IV happened during my life was a its roughest, I have to say Pokemon was one of my few way to get me off the pressure and despair.

Going back on a more positive note. Cynthia, Dawn and along other unmentioned characters have became part of my favorite humans characters! Dawn from the anime in particular had taught me a lot of stuff, especially the major failures of her coordinator quest. The things that I learned from Dawn are: Losing isn't that bad. Losing is losing, but one can always try harder next time and don't let the failure get the best of you.

Generation IV has offered other great things, such as the remakes of the classic Gold, Silver and Crystal. I wish I can elaborate more, but my post is getting a bit too long, haha!

Kaiyu

Has officially quit PC
    Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2016
    I might start watching both seasons since I never saw it before. As for the games I'll have to look around in my bedroom. I have my Pokémon games in a box but not sure where I put it. Which game to play I'm still deciding on that. I'm surprised it's been nearly a decade since those games were released.

FireSnow

Show me that Fighting Spirit
    Years
    Well since Gen IV was actually my favorite gen (flaws and all), I absolutely love this gen to this day still. Diamond, next to my Crystal copy, is the most played game in my collection and lead to some of favorite Pokemon of all time such as Buizel, Gible and the Chimchar line. I like to think this Gen was the one that really started the whole in-depth plot regarding the villain teams with Team Galactic that has continued to this day with X/Y and ORAS. Lastly, with the anniversary this year I now have plenty of reason to finish my current run on Diamond that I've been postponing and rewatching the my favorite saga of the anime with the most epic battle between Paul and Ash (not that I needed much reason to do these things anyways {XD} )

Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2016
    I might start watching both seasons since I never saw it before. As for the games I'll have to look around in my bedroom. I have my Pokémon games in a box but not sure where I put it. Which game to play I'm still deciding on that. I'm surprised it's been nearly a decade since those games were released.

Well since Gen IV was actually my favorite gen (flaws and all), I absolutely love this gen to this day still. Diamond, next to my Crystal copy, is the most played game in my collection and lead to some of favorite Pokemon of all time such as Buizel, Gible and the Chimchar line. I like to think this Gen was the one that really started the whole in-depth plot regarding the villain teams with Team Galactic that has continued to this day with X/Y and ORAS. Lastly, with the anniversary this year I now have plenty of reason to finish my current run on Diamond that I've been postponing and rewatching the my favorite saga of the anime with the most epic battle between Paul and Ash (not that I needed much reason to do these things anyways {XD} )

They say the Diamond and Pearl anime series are so far the most well-written, in terms of villains and character development, namely Chimchar and Dawn. DP is also the series where they officially begin using the improvised CGI effects.

And yeah, it really is surprising that we're on the 10th Anniversary of DP this year! I can still remember my first ever battle with Cynthia as if it happened yesterday, haha.

Despite the flaws, Gen IV games have bought us a lot of great things. Actually Ruby and Sapphire began that in-depth plot with the villainous teams with Platinum taking the stakes to a higher level. Speaking of Platinum, I have to say that Distortion World is still amazingly good looking even after years of its debut.

Hopefully we'll get to see a Platinum remake in the future on our next gaming console!

GiovanniViridian

A World Of Pain!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2023
    Although Diamond/Pearl to me had some flaws, it's still a potentially good game and I loved how it had challenges and minor cool stuff like the Poketch. I haven't played Platinum yet but considering it fixed most of D/P's flaws it should be great.

Gen 4 also brought along HG/SS which is one of the best mainline Pokemon games in my opinion: It managed to make the Johto region look 5 times better and brought some great additions to it from Following Pokemon to the Pokeathlon.

And regarding the Mystery Dungeon series for Gen 4, I still haven't beat the final boss yet, but it's still great. The Pokemon Ranger series is pretty interesting, but considering the sales I don't think there's a chance for revival, but I hope so.

Overall, Gen 4 is a really great generation, let's hope for a Platinum remake soon!

Kaiyu

Has officially quit PC
    Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2016
    They say the Diamond and Pearl anime series are so far the most well-written, in terms of villains and character development, namely Chimchar and Dawn. DP is also the series where they officially begin using the improvised CGI effects.

So it's worth watching then? The reason why I stopped watching the anime was because of the storyline. It was boring to me so I quit. I only watch the mega evolution specials because to me they were a lot more interesting to me. They really actually are.

Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2016
    Bidoof.

Interpret that how you will.

My beautiful little HM slave c:

I actually thoroughly enjoyed D/P/Pt. The lore surrounding Time/Space was something that I found particularly interesting (as well as some of the mystery behind it). For me it really did build up the magnificence and significance of the main legendaries - plus the Lake Spirits were adorable and played an interesting role in the storyline too.
    Though it did have its downsides (cough defog cough), it still stands to be an enjoyable experience that occasionally I'll revisit.

Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2016
    Although Diamond/Pearl to me had some flaws, it's still a potentially good game and I loved how it had challenges and minor cool stuff like the Poketch. I haven't played Platinum yet but considering it fixed most of D/P's flaws it should be great.

Gen 4 also brought along HG/SS which is one of the best mainline Pokemon games in my opinion: It managed to make the Johto region look 5 times better and brought some great additions to it from Following Pokemon to the Pokeathlon.

And regarding the Mystery Dungeon series for Gen 4, I still haven't beat the final boss yet, but it's still great. The Pokemon Ranger series is pretty interesting, but considering the sales I don't think there's a chance for revival, but I hope so.

Overall, Gen 4 is a really great generation, let's hope for a Platinum remake soon!
    Every generations have their flaws and merits, so it's totally up to the player whether it is acceptable or not! {XD} The majority fans are perfectly cool with the slow frame rate of Generation IV main games, which I found irritating, haha.

As for the Ranger series, the first one was interesting due to the distribution (and introduction) of Manaphy, the then-new Pokemon game style and finally being one of the early Pokemon DS games. However, there isn't much change as the side series progresses and eventually that very same reason sealed its fate.

Bidoof.

Interpret that how you will.

I know you love Bidoof a lot, haha. In-game wise, it's a useful Pokemon, no I'm not referring to its 'general role'. The Bidoof line is actually useful more so than the Sunkern line for in-game teams.

So it's worth watching then? The reason why I stopped watching the anime was because of the storyline. It was boring to me so I quit. I only watch the mega evolution specials because to me they were a lot more interesting to me. They really actually are.
    Well, there are still filler episodes. So don't expect it to be fast paced like the Kanto arc. (:

You can also read the Pokemon Special/Pokemon Adventures. Platinum Berlitz, Diamond and Pearl are interesting trios or so I've heard! {XD}

https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Diamond_&_Pearl_chapter_(Adventures)
    My beautiful little HM slave c:

I actually thoroughly enjoyed D/P/Pt. The lore surrounding Time/Space was something that I found particularly interesting (as well as some of the mystery behind it). For me it really did build up the magnificence and significance of the main legendaries - plus the Lake Spirits were adorable and played an interesting role in the storyline too.
    Though it did have its downsides (cough defog cough), it still stands to be an enjoyable experience that occasionally I'll revisit.

C'mon, Flash isn't anywhere better from Defog. :P

I have to agree that the Lake Trio had an interesting role. I love how the Sinnoh legendary Pokemon (from Sinnoh Dex) are hugely connected to each other.

Years
    I think it's understandable that Manaphy is among the monthly mythical Pokemon distributions happening this year because the mission in which you obtained its egg in the Ranger series mostly depended on wi-fi, and that has been out of the picture since 2014, making Manaphy even harder to obtain.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    The Diamond and Pearl seasons of the anime are really different from what came before them. I stopped watching the anime in the middle of Advanced Generation because it was boring and I felt like I had seen a lot of the episodes' plots before. But I checked out the Diamond and Pearl series on a recommendation and enjoyed them. A lot of the episodes were different, and Team Galactic was written well. I'd say check out a few episodes and see if you'd want to continue watching the whole thing.

With the games, Pearl is one of my favorites. It's the one that I spent the most time playing, and the one that I came closest to completing (in terms of the Pokedex). I don't know why I enjoyed Pearl so much. Probably because, like others in this thread, I was in a transitional period of my life where I just started college and Pokemon was a comfort from my past.

Or maybe I liked Pearl so much because it was the first main series release that I was around the internet community for. I could discuss the games and any news about them with a massive amount of fans for the first time in my life. It made it more special.

As for the anniversary itself, I don't think I'll really be doing anything for it. I might have the time then to start a Normal mono-type challenge on HeartGold, but that's really it. Despite my love for the generation, I really haven't gone back to play the games much.

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen Jun 11, 2024
    DP3DS when GameFreak? Huh, I had the original Pokémon Ranger, but I sold it before beating the game and doing the Manaphy mission. Woops. No Manaphy for my 11 year old self.
    But yeah, I have a very bittersweet view of Gen IV. On one hand, I loved Platinum (especially after playing through it again last year) and HGSS, plus it introduced Cynthia and several amazing Pokémon. On the other hand, DP was painfully slow and lacked Fire-types outside 3 lines, not to mention Sinnoh's reliance on HMs (especially in Victory Road).
    Some of my favourite main series tracks were also from this gen. Cynthia's pre-battle Piano and her battle theme, just to name two.

pkmin3033

Gen IV marked a turning point for me; it totally revitalised my waning interest in the franchise. Gen III left a very sour aftertaste for me - Emerald was alright, but the lackluster design of Hoenn, coupled with the absolutely AWFUL music, really put me off the games for a while. It didn't really feel like the huge leap that G/S/C did to me - gone was day and night, the huge postgame content and, also, the hype. Pokemon wasn't very popular in my area when the third gen came along, and that was a factor for me at the time. Pokemon...wasn't really doing much. The anime had also gotten very stale, and I'd stopped watching it. It was becoming a thing of the past rather than a current interest.

The fourth gen...that was something else. The designs of the Pokemon really caught my eye first; the mascot Legendaries were essentially deities, and everything felt so much bigger in scope. The graphics had a huge upgrade, and I was of an age where I was impressed by those things. But what really made Diamond and Pearl special for me were the online capabilities. I had friends online who were into Pokemon, and we could FINALLY play together. It was fresh and exciting, and it felt like it linked more to the older games than Gen III did because of the large number of pre-evos and evos of original Pokemon. Plus there was the veritable pantheon of Legendaries. There was just so much about the games to love. Cynthia, the first female Champion. The return of many things left out in Gen III, as well as the physical/special split, adding new dimensions of strategy.

HG/SS were everything I could have ever hoped for in remakes, too. The overworld sprites, the Pokewalker, the GB Player, the beautiful redesign...I actually played a semi-translated mod a couple of days after the Japanese release because I couldn't wait. I imported SoulSilver from the US, then I bought two copies of HeartGold - one for me, one for my mother - and played it again immediately, even though I usually wait a few months before playing a Pokemon game a second time. I loved it.

Did I mention how great the anime was? I really took to Dawn as a secondary protagonist, and Ash actually developing some sense really appealed to me too; it was like he'd finally grown up a little bit and was more relatable again. The movies were also great; The Rise of Darkrai is my second favourite film, perhaps. I watched it avidly, I had people to discuss it with - and battle or trade with - and it felt like my childhood was getting a second chance. The hopes for another Gen IV were also what kept me going through Gen V, too.

I MIGHT start a new Platinum or HG file on the day. It's a long way off, so I don't have to consider it yet. But I do love Gen IV, more than any other Gen, so it's probable. Can't believe it's been a decade already...time for 3DS remakes, methinks. Make it happen, Game Freak. Skip Z and move on to this.

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    The Diamond and Pearl seasons of the anime are really different from what came before them. I stopped watching the anime in the middle of Advanced Generation because it was boring and I felt like I had seen a lot of the episodes' plots before. But I checked out the Diamond and Pearl series on a recommendation and enjoyed them. A lot of the episodes were different, and Team Galactic was written well. I'd say check out a few episodes and see if you'd want to continue watching the whole thing.

With the games, Pearl is one of my favorites. It's the one that I spent the most time playing, and the one that I came closest to completing (in terms of the Pokedex). I don't know why I enjoyed Pearl so much. Probably because, like others in this thread, I was in a transitional period of my life where I just started college and Pokemon was a comfort from my past.

Or maybe I liked Pearl so much because it was the first main series release that I was around the internet community for. I could discuss the games and any news about them with a massive amount of fans for the first time in my life. It made it more special.

As for the anniversary itself, I don't think I'll really be doing anything for it. I might have the time then to start a Normal mono-type challenge on HeartGold, but that's really it. Despite my love for the generation, I really haven't gone back to play the games much.
    Aside from Team Galactic, I heard that Hunter J was praised by the fandom. The character developments are praised as well. I believe Diamond and Pearl is so far the best season ever. I'd like to say the original season, but that season includes the Orange Island and Johto arc which I am not familiar of, though I've heard of the Johto arc being criticized. But I'm stopping right here, I'm getting off topic, haha.

It's a bit rare to see a person praising the Pearl version, as I've seen quite a lot of negative comments at the initial pairs of Gen IV. How about the Platinum version, have you played it?

DP3DS when GameFreak? Huh, I had the original Pokémon Ranger, but I sold it before beating the game and doing the Manaphy mission. Woops. No Manaphy for my 11 year old self.
    But yeah, I have a very bittersweet view of Gen IV. On one hand, I loved Platinum (especially after playing through it again last year) and HGSS, plus it introduced Cynthia and several amazing Pokémon. On the other hand, DP was painfully slow and lacked Fire-types outside 3 lines, not to mention Sinnoh's reliance on HMs (especially in Victory Road).
    Some of my favourite main series tracks were also from this gen. Cynthia's pre-battle Piano and her battle theme, just to name two.

Well the first ever Ranger game is actually part of Gen III, despite the fact it was released under DS. :P

Seems like you're a dedicated Cynthia fan, huh? We've seen her re-appearing in all Gen V games, as well as in the BW series of the anime. So would you like to see our first ever female Champion to re-appear again? (:

Gen IV marked a turning point for me; it totally revitalised my waning interest in the franchise. Gen III left a very sour aftertaste for me - Emerald was alright, but the lackluster design of Hoenn, coupled with the absolutely AWFUL music, really put me off the games for a while. It didn't really feel like the huge leap that G/S/C did to me - gone was day and night, the huge postgame content and, also, the hype. Pokemon wasn't very popular in my area when the third gen came along, and that was a factor for me at the time. Pokemon...wasn't really doing much. The anime had also gotten very stale, and I'd stopped watching it. It was becoming a thing of the past rather than a current interest.

The fourth gen...that was something else. The designs of the Pokemon really caught my eye first; the mascot Legendaries were essentially deities, and everything felt so much bigger in scope. The graphics had a huge upgrade, and I was of an age where I was impressed by those things. But what really made Diamond and Pearl special for me were the online capabilities. I had friends online who were into Pokemon, and we could FINALLY play together. It was fresh and exciting, and it felt like it linked more to the older games than Gen III did because of the large number of pre-evos and evos of original Pokemon. Plus there was the veritable pantheon of Legendaries. There was just so much about the games to love. Cynthia, the first female Champion. The return of many things left out in Gen III, as well as the physical/special split, adding new dimensions of strategy.

HG/SS were everything I could have ever hoped for in remakes, too. The overworld sprites, the Pokewalker, the GB Player, the beautiful redesign...I actually played a semi-translated mod a couple of days after the Japanese release because I couldn't wait. I imported SoulSilver from the US, then I bought two copies of HeartGold - one for me, one for my mother - and played it again immediately, even though I usually wait a few months before playing a Pokemon game a second time. I loved it.

Did I mention how great the anime was? I really took to Dawn as a secondary protagonist, and Ash actually developing some sense really appealed to me too; it was like he'd finally grown up a little bit and was more relatable again. The movies were also great; The Rise of Darkrai is my second favourite film, perhaps. I watched it avidly, I had people to discuss it with - and battle or trade with - and it felt like my childhood was getting a second chance. The hopes for another Gen IV were also what kept me going through Gen V, too.

I MIGHT start a new Platinum or HG file on the day. It's a long way off, so I don't have to consider it yet. But I do love Gen IV, more than any other Gen, so it's probable. Can't believe it's been a decade already...time for 3DS remakes, methinks. Make it happen, Game Freak. Skip Z and move on to this.

I love your mentions on the online capabilities, as Gen IV was the first ever generation to introduce it and they took the Wi-Fi fun to a higher level of fun through introducing the Wi-Fi Plaza games. I also had fun trading with our former active PC members, thanks for bringing me back those precious memories that I shouldn't have forgotten. :')

Gen IV has really introduced a lot of improvements to the franchise and these improvements are still affecting even our current generation.

So guys, do you have any Gen IV favorite Pokemon? Are they still part of your favorite list?

I actually love a lot of Pokemon from Gen IV, whether they are evolutionary relatives of our older Pokemon or then-whole new Pokemon.

pkmin3033

Hunter J is unique amongst all Pokemon antagonists in that she is the only one who has ever been remotely competent or threatening...I mean, she gets her job done each time - or is put in a position where it isn't necessary for her to do so - and she was blatantly out to kill anyone who interfered. I mean, she pretty much ordered her Drapion to snap Ash in half, blasted the hell out of her surroundings with Salamence, and didn't really seem to care much what the consequences of her actions might be. She's also the only anime villain who was actually killed off - at least, that was heavily implied - as well. Definitely not kid-friendly. I mean, a lot of Pokemon antagonists over the years have done some pretty reprehensible things, but none of them have ever been KILLED for it. The anime would be so, SO much better if it had another J in it.

As for my favourite fourth Gen Pokemon...it's harder thinking of one I don't like, actually. Most of my favourites - Bastiodon, Darkrai, Spiritomb, Giratina-O, Froslass, etc - come from Gen IV, and I've found Gen V and VI lackluster by comparison...and, given that I didn't warm up to Gen III, Gen IV felt particularly good to me.

Reactions: Sun

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
    Memories of Gen IV

Diamond, Pearl, Platinum - Whilst I am yet to play Diamond or Pearl I have played Platinum and found it to be a solid game. Cynthia was a good Champion and Cyrus was a good villain with Team Galactic being one of the better evil teams. Gardenia and Fantina are among my favourite Gym Leaders too. :)

On the other hand a lot of the game was forgettable especially Barry who apart from the Kalos circle of friends is the worst Rival in the series and the least memorable Elite Four ever. On balance Sinnoh is my least favourite Region.

Heart Gold and Soul Silver - These were great remakes with some of my favourite character redesigns (Sabrina and Karen). I didn't play through Heart Gold until this year and whilst I had a lot of fun on my playthrough some of the original Johto flaws were created a bit too faithfully such as the low level of most Kanto wild Pokemon. Overall though a fun game and once I have beaten Red with my Grass Team one I may play through again. :)

The Pokemon - Some of my favourite Pokemon were introduced in this Generation such as the Torterra Line, Garchomp line, Roserade and Mismagius. The most memorable one for me was Roserade as it is Gardenia's main Pokemon and very strong for the stage of the game you fight her...especially if you like me you picked Piplup as your starter.

On the other hand there were some Pokemon that were pretty bad or forgettable but that can be said for any generation.

Time for remakes? - No. We have only just had Hoenn remakes and as flawed as the Kalos games were I would be more interested in a new take on the Kalos region than yet another remake. Whilst I am not sure we necessarily 'need' Diamond and Pearl remakes I can see them happening sometime during Gen 7. Game Freak loves Cynthia though so I can see her appearing in Z.

Any plans for the 10th Anniversary -No but I do intend to play Pearl for my Monotype run.

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Hunter J is unique amongst all Pokemon antagonists in that she is the only one who has ever been remotely competent or threatening...I mean, she gets her job done each time - or is put in a position where it isn't necessary for her to do so - and she was blatantly out to kill anyone who interfered. I mean, she pretty much ordered her Drapion to snap Ash in half, blasted the hell out of her surroundings with Salamence, and didn't really seem to care much what the consequences of her actions might be. She's also the only anime villain who was actually killed off - at least, that was heavily implied - as well. Definitely not kid-friendly. I mean, a lot of Pokemon antagonists over the years have done some pretty reprehensible things, but none of them have ever been KILLED for it. The anime would be so, SO much better if it had another J in it.

As for my favourite fourth Gen Pokemon...it's harder thinking of one I don't like, actually. Most of my favourites - Bastiodon, Darkrai, Spiritomb, Giratina-O, Froslass, etc - come from Gen IV, and I've found Gen V and VI lackluster by comparison...and, given that I didn't warm up to Gen III, Gen IV felt particularly good to me.

I'm hoping that Lysandre will be at least in the same level as her, that might save XY's declining ratings. I've heard a lot of criticism on the designs of Gen IV Pokemon, mainly the evolution of our old favorites. Though I love a lot of those evolution, they are Yanmega, Tangrowth, Roserade, Electivire, Magmortar, Froslass, Gallade, Gliscor, Weavile, Rhyperior. <3 They are hella amazing, I wish they were all insanely tough on competitive. XD

Memories of Gen IV

Diamond, Pearl, Platinum - Whilst I am yet to play Diamond or Pearl I have played Platinum and found it to be a solid game. Cynthia was a good Champion and Cyrus was a good villain with Team Galactic being one of the better evil teams. Gardenia and Fantina are among my favourite Gym Leaders too. :)

On the other hand a lot of the game was forgettable especially Barry who apart from the Kalos circle of friends is the worst Rival in the series and the least memorable Elite Four ever. On balance Sinnoh is my least favourite Region.

Heart Gold and Soul Silver - These were great remakes with some of my favourite character redesigns (Sabrina and Karen). I didn't play through Heart Gold until this year and whilst I had a lot of fun on my playthrough some of the original Johto flaws were created a bit too faithfully such as the low level of most Kanto wild Pokemon. Overall though a fun game and once I have beaten Red with my Grass Team one I may play through again. :)

The Pokemon - Some of my favourite Pokemon were introduced in this Generation such as the Torterra Line, Garchomp line, Roserade and Mismagius. The most memorable one for me was Roserade as it is Gardenia's main Pokemon and very strong for the stage of the game you fight her...especially if you like me you picked Piplup as your starter.

On the other hand there were some Pokemon that were pretty bad or forgettable but that can be said for any generation.

Time for remakes? - No. We have only just had Hoenn remakes and as flawed as the Kalos games were I would be more interested in a new take on the Kalos region than yet another remake. Whilst I am not sure we necessarily 'need' Diamond and Pearl remakes I can see them happening sometime during Gen 7. Game Freak loves Cynthia though so I can see her appearing in Z.

Any plans for the 10th Anniversary -No but I do intend to play Pearl for my Monotype run.

Did you skip Diamond and Pearl on purpose? Knowing that a third version would be released after DP?

Thank you so much for mentioning Roserade! She was my signature Pokemon! It was love at first sight, I knew she was for me upon seeing her from the magazine leaks!

Imo, ORAS tarnished Hoenn's name; Emerald was perfect as it was. There was no need for a remake, unless they had the confident to create a better Hoenn game than Emerald. So yeah, in that sense, unless they can create a Sinnoh remake that is able to surpass Platinum, don't ever do it. Mega Lopunny would be sad to see the region she originated from getting criticized again...

Last edited:

GiovanniViridian

A World Of Pain!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2023
    Continued from my previous post, since there's more I need to post about Gen IV.

Gen IV also brought in my guilty pleasure which is PokePark Wii too. As for the anime I recall it being my most watched series in the Pokemon anime and I'm alright with the development of the characters.

Also, speaking of the 10th anniversary, I'm replaying Pokemon Pearl (not Platinum) for a Bibarel run, and for some reason I felt immune to the slow pacing as if I got used to it, and I enjoyed a lot of parts of the game which I overlooked back then, e.g. 3D-like graphics, following trainers, day/night music etc. It's fine with me anyway since I'm really enjoying D/P so far compared with back then and loved the positives for them.

As for my favorite Pokemon for Gen IV, oh boy there's way too many to mention for me since the Pokemon introduced in this gen are my most favorite overall compared with the others. The starters are really awesome along with their evolutions, the past Pokemon got their excellent expanded evolutions such as Mismagius, Roserade, Magnezone etc., 2 more Eevee lines which are Glaceon and Leafeon (my top Eeveelution favorites too) and there's still more which I haven't mentioned yet too.

Last edited:
    Back