• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Event: Pokémobjects Contest

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
    Years
    Pokémobjects Contest

Introduction
    Have you always questioned how those annoying trees couldn't be cut down with a pair of pruning shears? Do you think life would be easier if you could shrink a living ice cream machine in a PokéBall for enhanced portability? Do you wish you could be best friends with your pillow?

You answered yes to all three, right? Welcome to PokéTrivia's Pokémobject contest!

Pokémobjects
    Hmm? You've never heard about Pokémobjects? Well, that's too bad...

The idea of this contest is to pick an everyday object of your choice and Pokémonize (yes, that's a word) it. Give it a name, choose its types, add some background information of any kind and whatever else you can come up with. Please also add an image so that we know what creature you're talking about!

Emblems
    What's a contest without emblems? Yeah exactly, not a contest. Let's take a look at what you get from participating here!

The first three emblems will be handed out to the winners, while the fourth, the participation emblem, will be given to everyone who sends in an entry. Hover over the emblems to see their descriptions! (I'm so sorry for the terrible puns.)

Pokémobjects Contest
    Pokémobjects Contest
    Pokémobjects Contest
    Pokémobjects Contest

Rules

• Please send your entry to Lycanthropy (me) by PM.
    • This event is limited to one entry per person.
    • The deadline for this event is April 11th, just over two weeks from now.
    • The obligatory fields are listed above, but you're free to add anything you can come up with, e.g. size/weight, moveset, cry, ...
    • All entries will by judged by Lycanthropy, Meadow and DyingWillFlareon on a scale from 1 to 10. The winners will be determined by the sum of these ratings.
    • Feel free to discuss anything related to the contest right here in the thread. No need to be shy!
    • Last but not least: have fun! :D

Sawfari, the lumberjack Pokémon
    To give you an idea what an entry might look like (and because I was bored), I've included a sample entry in the spoiler. You're absolutely free to differ from this style in any way.

Spoiler:

Entries
    Straiten by Kyoko
    Glays-Classic by Runiel
    Toxisysturn by Fannie
    Spookhako by GiovanniViridian
    Pristinus by Spoonette
    Dellaware by The Ghost of You Know Who
    Teatrunk by Clover

Last edited:

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
    Years
    Time to put my thinking cap on, I suppose! This game looks like fun, and I like what you did with the punny emblems, Lycan. xD

So do the rules apply to any non-living object? That's a lot to choose from! :'D

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
    Years
    Hmm. I'll probably want to join this contest.

Are objects based on living things allowed, like rubber ducks?

Lycanthropy

Years
    Nice to see there's some interest. I'll be awaiting your entries, guys!

Speaking of entries, we've already received the first one from Kyoko: Straiten.

Are objects based on living things allowed, like rubber ducks?

While they're probably somewhat less interesting, they're definitely objects and therefore allowed. If you think you can do something with one of those, go for it!

Fannie

Don't let my milk go lumpy
    Years
    • Age 32
    • UK
    • Seen Dec 31, 2016
    This is a reallly fun idea :D I already know what entry will be. Prepare for a really crappy drawing.

Lycanthropy

Years
    So, do we have to draw/photoshop/etc. the item so it kind of looks like a living creature?

Oh no, not necessarily. Just a picture of the object is fine so that we know you're talking about a chainsaw Pokémobject for example.

Will the entries be posted to this thread? It would make this more transparent.

Yup, they will! I'll post them once the event has ended.

Years
    Such a cool idea for an event! I look forward to seeing what people have come up with!

I've submitted my entry but is it ok if I add to it?

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
    Years
    Still getting around to this! Hopefully I'll get something in, considering my busy schedule and all. ^ ^

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
    Years
    I'll have to submit my entry late. Also I'll try to make it as "Pokémon"-ish as I can.

Back