V Jump Pyukumuku Sidequest gameplay

Started by TheKojo August 21st, 2016 10:22 PM
  • 26 replies
Female
Seen October 26th, 2019
Posted October 23rd, 2019
302 posts
5.2 Years
I'm not gonna lie...this is hella cute. It makes me like Pyukumuku even more. Can't wait to do this in SuMo!

Edit: Now that I think about it...if Pyukumuku's entry about it being chucked into the sea has some significance in the game..what about other Alola Pokemon? Will we have to beware of Turtonator near Volcanoes? Or maybe we have to hug a bunch of Bewears to calm them down?...and maybe we have to stick a hand through a Sandyghast as a Ghost Trial Captain quest? If this is case, SuMo are gonna be awesome!
Ducolamia^_^

Evil Stud Muffin

I like kitties

Age 27
Male
Seen October 20th, 2019
Posted October 16th, 2019
2,738 posts
7.8 Years
That is some mad bank the MC gets for cleaning up the beach. I had no probpek with raking in cash frm Hotel Richissime in XY, I have no problems with this either. Is this next to the giant hotel on Akala island? Cause this would imply you can loop from there to the volcano area. Whoa. Oh wait, there is a small beach area underneath the golf course and its still blocked off, never mind. Still, that area looks gorgeous

#328 Trapinch
Supporter Collab January 2015
Doctor Who Fan Club

Lunar

Age 21
Male
England
Seen September 16th, 2020
Posted September 15th, 2020
4,049 posts
6.5 Years
This looks really cool, I would have liked to seen the character actually carry the Pyukumuku to the sea but it's still a cute sidequest nonetheless.
Age 29
Male
Seen November 20th, 2019
Posted October 27th, 2019
2,334 posts
12.5 Years
I wonder what other pokedex descriptions are going to have actual gameplay?

Does this mean we're going to have to actually rescue Pikachus from being devoured by Palossand on the beach?

(Pyukumuku cries are even cuter outside of battle without the music)
Looking for X & Y friends, friend code is: 2964-8571-0102
Send me a pm if you add me.

Hikamaru

Age 28
Female
Australia
Seen January 24th, 2019
Posted September 4th, 2018
50,232 posts
9.6 Years
I actually like how there's sound effects when the water washes up on the beach and also when the protagonist is running. Definitely looks like an interesting game.
Gone forever for personal reasons.
Visit my Tumblr page if you wish to contact me.

http://daikenkki.tumblr.com/

blue

gucci

Male
United Kingdom
Seen August 12th, 2019
Posted August 7th, 2019
21,060 posts
12.8 Years
This is pretty cool, I hope there are more side quests like this. One thing I do like about that video is the sound effects, everything about that area is really calming.

bobandbill

one more time

Male
A cape
Seen 12 Hours Ago
Posted 12 Hours Ago
15,969 posts
12.7 Years
someone found an unlisted video on the v jump youtube channel. IDK if they have more.
Neat find! Cheers for that.

Just letting you know I ninja-edited your OP to link to the Daily article we made based on that information.

As for the video itself, that's an interesting aspect revealed there. Nice bit of world building. =) I hope there's more like it in the game!

Staff Anime Villain Collab - Earl de Darkwood - Interstella 5555

Daily | Drabble Dex | A Change of the Season
The Retelling of Pokémon Colosseum
Paired to Sheep :>

Altairis

take me ☆ take you

Female
database database
Seen August 13th, 2019
Posted October 5th, 2018
5,173 posts
8.4 Years
Ok I know they're just Pokedex entries but I'm not going near these beaches in Alola, I don't want the sandcastle ghosts to suck my soul out :p

For real though, this seems like a cute addition, not just the literal quest but the addition of them. Doesn't seem to formulaic now.

Also IDK why websites keep uploading things, hiding them, and thinking fans won't find them. Ok maybe they have more things that we havent found but still.

ORAS/XYBW

blue

gucci

Male
United Kingdom
Seen August 12th, 2019
Posted August 7th, 2019
21,060 posts
12.8 Years
I think the lack of music is to bring out the calming sound effects of the beach. If they added music to that particular area it would probably end up drowning out the sound of the waves.

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.

Age 31
Female
United States
Seen December 10th, 2017
Posted December 10th, 2017
1,011 posts
5.2 Years
Who knew that throwing a bunch of sea cucumbers back into the ocean would get me so psyched about these games? I really liked the sound effects and the environment that was shown in this footage, and nice little sidequests like that other than the main story and post-game are always enjoyable to me.
Male
Seen June 17th, 2020
Posted February 24th, 2020
234 posts
4.5 Years
I'm a little disappointed that the screen just fades to black and we get a splooshing sound rather than actually getting to carry the things to the water and chucking them in ourselves.
I mean, I can see why they did it that way, but it's kind of meh to me.
My hypothetical Galar team:
Spoiler:
Rillaboom, Toxtricity, Grimmsnarl, Coalossal, Polteageist, Frosmoth

Type combos I desire:
Grass / Fire
A real Grass / Electric
A proper Grass / Rock

yes i like grass type what of it

Rivvon

Age 27
Female
USA
Seen 4 Hours Ago
Posted 1 Week Ago
2,735 posts
13.5 Years
Ever since I read the description for Pyukumuku I had hoped there would be an in-game feature along those lines. I'm glad my wish came to fruition because it makes the wild Pokémon lore seem more meaningful rather than just filler text on a website. It's a shame there isn't a unique animation for throwing the Pyukumuku--that cut to black really stands out--but overall I'm glad this feature is included. I wonder if other Pokémon's lores will prove to actually be utilized in-game; it would definitely add to the immersion of the game.

A Dream of Your Own: The Formulas of Unova—Black & White
Introduction | Part I: The Components of Unova

EC

Just call me EC!

Age 29
Male
Youngstown, Ohio
Seen June 13th, 2020
Posted June 13th, 2020
5,489 posts
4.7 Years
These really are the Orange Island games we have been asking for.

Quasimoto

Lord Quas

Male
De La Soul
Seen March 26th, 2019
Posted March 21st, 2019
76 posts
4.4 Years
I should probably actually watch the whole video, haha. I only watched part of it, whoops.

It prooobably is the final gameplay footage and we'll get an amount similar to that. I was mistaken in thinking that 20000 wasnt enough; that's actually a preeettty decent amount. o_o

IT'S 20,000!!! FIVE ZEROES! TWENTY THOUSAND POKEDOLLARS FOR DOING NOTHING AT ALL. I don't remember doing a side quest wit that much of a reward
No matter what I do I'm labelled as a bad character.