bobandbill

This is fine.

Male
A cape
Seen 7 Hours Ago
Posted 18 Hours Ago
14,796 posts
11.4 Years
Download the game now from the eShop ahead of the release!

Read the article

Palamon

Has sent out Pikachu!

Age 22
Male
Milaturia.
Seen 2 Hours Ago
Posted 10 Hours Ago
4,695 posts
10.5 Years
Hoo boy, the spoilers are gonna be all over the place. <_<
Theme: Tsukinaga Leo
Pair: Green

ddrox13

Anti-Nonsense

Northeast US
Seen 6 Hours Ago
Posted 6 Hours Ago
1,512 posts
3.6 Years
I'll probably do the download this time...

Tales of Vesperia: Definitive Edition
Challenges - TCG - Daily

Altairis

take me ☆ take you

Female
database database
Seen 4 Days Ago
Posted October 5th, 2018
5,174 posts
7.1 Years
I dont understand whats the big difference? It goes up on E-shop on the release date anyway.. Could any1 explain that to me ? :)
It takes a while to download 3 GB of data, so I assume preloading it now will allow you to play it at midnight exactly instead of wasting time downloading the game then.

:/ digital buyers will be able to play the game just after the release and people like me who are getting their physical copy after 1-2 weeks will just sit ..... :( :( :(
? I don't understand what you're saying. You can buy the physical copy the day of, you know?

ORAS/XYBW

ddrox13

Anti-Nonsense

Northeast US
Seen 6 Hours Ago
Posted 6 Hours Ago
1,512 posts
3.6 Years
I've added in a note to explain what pre-loading is, as the definition seems to have been misinterpreted. Sorry about that.

Challenges - TCG - Daily
Male
India
Seen August 21st, 2017
Posted December 15th, 2016
55 posts
2.9 Years
It takes a while to download 3 GB of data, so I assume preloading it now will allow you to play it at midnight exactly instead of wasting time downloading the game then.

? I don't understand what you're saying. You can buy the physical copy the day of, you know?
Sorry for not clarifying it what I mean is that in my city flipkart will Deliver it after 2 weeks so I will have to wait .
:/
IGN: Somu
Friend Code: 2638-4432-2548
Female
Seen June 11th, 2019
Posted April 17th, 2019
1,089 posts
5.4 Years

Thanks <3
I've added in a note to explain what pre-loading is, as the definition seems to have been misinterpreted. Sorry about that.
You dont need to be sorry, I just wanted to make sure. You were clear enough:)
Btw, the games get released at midnight exactly? :o

Btw, is it possible that buying the games from E-shop is more expenssive than buying it in stores? Its priced as 60$ on E-shop..

ddrox13

Anti-Nonsense

Northeast US
Seen 6 Hours Ago
Posted 6 Hours Ago
1,512 posts
3.6 Years
Btw, the games get released at midnight exactly? :o

Btw, is it possible that buying the games from E-shop is more expenssive than buying it in stores? Its priced as 60$ on E-shop..
Im my experience (doing this with FE Ftes), it is usually closer to 12:01 rather than midnight on the nose, but the point still stands.

Ummm no... You are looking at the wrong eshop lol

I just confirmed it is $40 everywhere, with the exception of Amazon (where it is slightly cheeper) and Toys R Us (where it was 20% off, at least last week)

Also, you should be thanking bobandbill for the article, I just added the definition.

Challenges - TCG - Daily

DarkDon43

Delta Shock Creator

Male
Bronx
Seen September 5th, 2017
Posted January 21st, 2017
73 posts
4.1 Years
Damn! I had no clue... I was gonna wake up early to get them ... Now this would be cool but I don't know if I should get them digital or the cart....

Everyone's smiles shine so brightly, Those smiles led us to so many other people. And those meetings will lead us to a bright future. I'm so glad I got to meet everyone. I'm so glad I got to meet you.

(Posed By Me aka XylemYT)

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.

Male
Liberty Garden
Seen 23 Hours Ago
Posted 1 Day Ago
9,122 posts
6.6 Years
I think downloading stuffs as big as 3 GB might take quite a while, so I think it's a good decision for them to give the chance for us to pre-load the game if we wanted to, so that we don't need to download the big stuffs from day one when it's released.

Even though I'm already on the cart route, but I think being able to pre-purchase and pre-load the game is nice for anyone who leans to Digital purchase.
Might be out from hiatus in a matter of days.​

COOLTRAINER♂

Speedball 2: Brutal Vanilluxe

Male
Seen 2 Weeks Ago
Posted January 2nd, 2017
236 posts
5.6 Years
Wait. Does this mean hackers can get to the game when the game's been downloaded or not, even before release? :O
That's impossible. The contents of the pre-loaded data are encrypted, and the decryption key will not be made available on the eShop until the game actually releases.

Mewtwolover

Mewtwo worshiper

Age 34
Finland
Seen 4 Hours Ago
Posted 3 Days Ago
792 posts
12 Years
That's impossible. The contents of the pre-loaded data are encrypted, and the decryption key will not be made available on the eShop until the game actually releases.
It depends on the encryption method, it can be cracked if it isn't strong enough.
Mewtwo X Espeon 4-ever!

Charlie Brown

coolcoolcool

Age 24
Male
Melbourne, Australia
Seen 4 Hours Ago
Posted 4 Hours Ago
4,225 posts
7.3 Years
Ah this is really cool, do they do this for all releases on the e-shop out of interest? It would realtalk take like a day to download a 3GB game on my internet so this would be cool if I was considering getting a digital copy.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you

Female
database database
Seen 4 Days Ago
Posted October 5th, 2018
5,174 posts
7.1 Years
Sorry for not clarifying it what I mean is that in my city flipkart will Deliver it after 2 weeks so I will have to wait .
:/
It's fine I was just confused! I understand now. Maybe consider downloading?

ORAS/XYBW

Melody

Banned

Female
Cuddling those close to me
Seen March 4th, 2018
Posted March 2nd, 2018
6,467 posts
14.8 Years
Getting Moon Digitally myself, this preload opportunity is indeed a blessing and a wise move on Nintendo's part. This allows them to better balance and mitigate the rush on release day.

Hopefully this preload period means that most people buying Digitally will opt for the preload and it wont cause downtime due to load on EShop's CDN.

I am certainly taking advantage of it, as my connection is metered (going over limit causes throttling to DSL speeds), and the file size is larger than my cap. So I am downloading it while throttling is on to avoid massive impact to my cap next billing period. I'll have the downloading done by release and will only need to download a few kilobytes worth of decryption key on release day instead of being forced to burn my entire cap on it.

ddrox13

Anti-Nonsense

Northeast US
Seen 6 Hours Ago
Posted 6 Hours Ago
1,512 posts
3.6 Years
Ah this is really cool, do they do this for all releases on the e-shop out of interest? It would realtalk take like a day to download a 3GB game on my internet so this would be cool if I was considering getting a digital copy.
Only the big ones. FE Fates did, SM will, I don't know of any others.

Challenges - TCG - Daily

blue

gucci

Male
United Kingdom
Seen 1 Week Ago
Posted 1 Week Ago
21,062 posts
11.5 Years
This is a good idea going by the size and popularity of these games. I won't be using the digital version, but I would definitely take advantage of this if I was getting it via the eShop.

Florges

The Garden Pokémon

Female
cornfield.
Seen June 6th, 2017
Posted June 6th, 2017
207 posts
5.7 Years
MY PRAYERS HAVE BEEN ANSWERED!

I was going to stroll into my Walmart at midnight for the game. Now I don't have to worry about making sure I have money that day since it's the week after payday. Now I just need to buy a new SD card and will just pre-load it next payday.
Advertiser Content