blue

gucci

Male
United Kingdom
Seen August 12th, 2019
Posted August 7th, 2019
21,059 posts
13.7 Years

At the Alola Photo Club, you can take pictures with your Pokémon. You can choose from a variety of poses for yourself and your Pokémon and also freely control the composition of the shot, including the angle, and position of the subjects in the scene. By taking pictures with your Pokémon, you can deepen your friendship even more! After you’ve taken your picture, you can decorate the shot with various stamps and frames and share the finished result with other players using the communication features of the game.

HeroLinik

To this day, he still can't beat Air Man...

Age 24
Male
UK, happy now?
Seen 3 Hours Ago
Posted August 20th, 2021
915 posts
4.4 Years
Interesting. I'm supposing that this new mode will have some connection to the mystery building in Hau'oli City.

Signature banner made by tokyodrift.

3DS FC: 5301-2379-3187 | Switch FC: 5938-0388-8577
IGNs: X: Bowser | AS: Bowser | Moon: Link | Ultra Moon: HeroLinik | Let's Go Eevee: HeroLinik | Sword: HeroLinik
My Friend Safari is Water and it contains Octillery, Frogadier and Wartortle.

Watch me do stuff on the YouTubes

Hikamaru

Age 28
Female
Australia
Seen January 24th, 2019
Posted September 4th, 2018
50,228 posts
10.5 Years
As someone who didn't mind the PR Videos in X/Y, this is a nice improved successor to that feature. Guess we now know what that new building in Hau'oli City is for after all.
Gone forever for personal reasons.
Visit my Tumblr page if you wish to contact me.

http://daikenkki.tumblr.com/

Hikamaru

Age 28
Female
Australia
Seen January 24th, 2019
50,228 posts
10.5 Years
So the empty plots of land end up being photo joints? That's disappointing. It feels like something I will probably use once or twice and then never again.
I don't personally mind it, since it looks like a feature I may want to try. But I can say that it definitely kills off the likeliness of Gyms coming to Alola.

Male
Seen March 13th, 2019
Posted August 23rd, 2017
18 posts
4.1 Years
If this is what takes up the vacant plots of lands throughout Alola I'm going to be pretty disappointed. It looks almost exactly like the pr videos from X/Y. Frankly, this seems like a feature that would have made a better appearance in S/M as that was the first time we saw a majority of those regional and alolan form pokemon. Now it just seems redundant.

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!

She/Her
Seen August 19th, 2021
Posted July 3rd, 2021
3,272 posts
5.8 Years
Yeah, this is definitely what we do in those new buildings.

... Not gonna lie, this is kind of disappointing. Feels like a watered down Pokémon PR video...
Really? I mean, sure, you don't have the animation, but I've seen some of the pictures, and there's lots of possibility and detail.
https://discord.gg/nqfg9UE Please join I need members ;_;

Somewhere_

i don't know where

Age 21
Male
somewhere (duh)
Seen June 5th, 2019
Posted March 17th, 2019
4,494 posts
6.3 Years
Yeah, this is definitely what we do in those new buildings.

... Not gonna lie, this is kind of disappointing. Feels like a watered down Pokémon PR video...
I think this is the wrong way of thinking. Personally, I wont be taking advantage of this feature aside from what the game forces you to do. However, its evidence that the developers are really trying their best and pouring their passions into features that SM lacked. Its evident that USUM will be quite a step up from SM. So this makes me very optimistic about the game!

And he was alluding to bonding with your pokemon in the video at the same time the rockruff following the player clip showed... perhaps its a hint or further evidence that the pokemon follow feature will be in USUM. Or perhaps Im just blinded by optimism and over-speculation here.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.

Male
Liberty Garden
Seen April 28th, 2020
Posted April 28th, 2020
9,312 posts
8.8 Years
I think I might give Alola Photo Club a shot (no pun intended :P) As someone who have enjoyed PR Trainer Video, I might possibly enjoy this one as well.

clbgolden

Swampert Fan

Male
Seen September 22nd, 2019
Posted July 9th, 2019
639 posts
6.9 Years
I think this is the wrong way of thinking. Personally, I wont be taking advantage of this feature aside from what the game forces you to do. However, its evidence that the developers are really trying their best and pouring their passions into features that SM lacked. Its evident that USUM will be quite a step up from SM. So this makes me very optimistic about the game!

And he was alluding to bonding with your pokemon in the video at the same time the rockruff following the player clip showed... perhaps its a hint or further evidence that the pokemon follow feature will be in USUM. Or perhaps Im just blinded by optimism and over-speculation here.
Yeah, I know GF probably made this feature with great intentions. Just not for me, personally.
Swampert FTW!

Hikamaru

Age 28
Female
Australia
Seen January 24th, 2019
50,228 posts
10.5 Years

I noticed we seem to be getting Pikachu-themed clothes. I do hope that's part of the official customization lineup and not just a Photo Club thing.

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!

She/Her
Seen August 19th, 2021
Posted July 3rd, 2021
3,272 posts
5.8 Years

I noticed we seem to be getting Pikachu-themed clothes. I do hope that's part of the official customization lineup and not just a Photo Club thing.
I don't even like pikachu, but that hat is amazing ;P

Hikamaru

Age 28
Female
Australia
Seen January 24th, 2019
50,228 posts
10.5 Years
I don't even like pikachu, but that hat is amazing ;P
I may actually be tempted to change my trainer's clothes in the main story this time around, which I didn't do until the postgame when it came to both X/Y and S/M. Though I guess that's me wanting to get used to the default designs first.

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!

She/Her
Seen August 19th, 2021
Posted July 3rd, 2021
3,272 posts
5.8 Years
I may actually be tempted to change my trainer's clothes in the main story this time around, which I didn't do until the postgame when it came to both X/Y and S/M. Though I guess that's me wanting to get used to the default designs first.
Oh, I tend to spend all my money on clothing I wear for like an hour until I get to the next shop xD Rip

Altairis

take me ☆ take you

Female
database database
Seen August 13th, 2019
Posted October 5th, 2018
5,173 posts
9.3 Years

this is a cute way of looking at it, I like it! while I'm not a huge fan of the photo club since I like battling and stuff better (maybe would have preferred a battling tent like in Hoenn), I appreciate the fact there are some differences and it seems like they are making changes -- such as how last time they had photos but they are expanding it this time. I wonder what else they could expand.

ORAS/XYBW

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!

She/Her
Seen August 19th, 2021
Posted July 3rd, 2021
3,272 posts
5.8 Years
I rather have a gym than this so called feature. But gyms are not an alola thing. Never is and never will be. I am not thrilled with this feature at all. Pointless.
It's not a "So called feature." It's a feature. Just because you don't like something doesn't mean that hard work didn't go into the making of it. For someone who thinks Gamefreak should do what they want and not listen to fans, You're not very supportive of their work :p