• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Nintendo Wifi Connection is Possible in 2020

Years
  • Hello. I don't know how many people realise you can use "Nintendo Wifi" with Pokemon DPPt and HGSS with a private server? (Thanks to the person whoever made and is hosting these servers!)

The one I used to use (and is still running) works fine. I only last used it a few months ago. You can also get event Pokemon through Mystery Gift.

Now I don't exactly remember which IP is for which but if you put all three of them in, you should be able to use GTS and Mystery Gift, ect.

I assume you know how to set up Nintendo DS Wifi settings so...
    Press YES for Auto Obtain IP Address
    Click NO for Auto Obtain DNS
    Pimrary DNS is 164. 132. 44. 106
    Secondary is 8. 8. 8. 8
    Save the connection.

For this connection to work you have to have a WEP wifi. You can do this on your mobile phone using your mobile data and a hotspot connection.

Next connection is:
    Primary DNS 199. 119. 163. 43
    Secondary DNS is 8. 8. 8. 8

Now the last connection is:
    Pirmary DNS 178. 62. 43. 212
    Secondary 0. 0. 0. 0

SSID is the name of your Wifi. If you make a hotspot on your phone, you can call it whatever you want, I just called mine DS Wifi, and limited the users to 1 person so no one else could use my data.

After everything is set up, test the connections in the DS Wifi settings, if they work then they should work in game.

Oh you can also go to the Wifi Plaza.

Happy 4th Gen gaming!....

If you wanted something for the 5th generation, you will have to look that up, as the server didn't work for me for Gen 5 games.

PS Since I don't play Pokemon anymore, sorry that I can't test them myself. But they should still work!

I remembered the name of the website!
    https://pkmnclassic.net/

So its still working!

Last edited by a moderator:

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • This still works, and I was able to get the Liberty Pass after all these years recently! Once I'm able to finally go outside again, I'm planning to try to get Diamond/Pearl events if at all possible. I hear it's harder in the gen 4 games, though...

Years
    • Seen May 1, 2024
    This still works, and I was able to get the Liberty Pass after all these years recently! Once I'm able to finally go outside again, I'm planning to try to get Diamond/Pearl events if at all possible. I hear it's harder in the gen 4 games, though...

Can I ask how you did this? The pkmclassic website seems pretty bare-bones.

Years
  • Once you're connected you just go to Mystery Gift and you will get sent random gifts each time. If you already have the gift just reset the game and try again.
    Gen 4 works fine! Its gen 5 that I had trouble with.

Works for DPPt HGSS.

Years
  • Might be a dumb question but sadly the site doesn't have any FAQs :(

Does this work for emulators and a laptop connection? I'm pretty interested in trying this out but I don't have a physical DS at the moment.

Years
  • this is amazing but I don't manage to connect. I tried with my Xiaomi mi9 as a router but whenever it tries to connect it gives me the error code 52000 or 52002. I tried with my mom's phone, which is a 2017 huawai and it works perfectly. i wander if i can actually fix it and use my phone tho...

Drayton

Chilled Dude of The Elite Four
    Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    I don't think it's possibly working with my DS because it can't connect to a new security won't let my DS connect to my home wifi even try to make shift it still didn't work for me in my end, if there is any solution to solve this that be great.

Years
  • I don't think it's possibly working with my DS because it can't connect to a new security won't let my DS connect to my home wifi even try to make shift it still didn't work for me in my end, if there is any solution to solve this that be great.
    that's because ds can only connect to WEP wi-fi. You can try to change ur wi fi settings and choose and make it a WEP wi-fi, but I kinda don't recommend that because it's pretty unsafe. The other way around is to use your mobile as a hotspot and connect ur DS to that. Make sure ur hotspot won't require any password to connect tho. u can change that in the settings. Anyway, idk y but DS doesn't connect to some mobile phones. that's what i wrote on my post. it connects with my mom's mobile, but not with mine even tho settings are the same. who knows...

Back