• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

music that you are afraid to tell that you like it

Allen303

A warrior who has lost his ability to fight, is on
Years
is there any music that you are afraid to tell your family ,friends or anyone write down some
mine are
faded by allen walker
maniac by conan grey

pkmin3033

Well, I would never admit to my mother that I unironically like Britney Spears, occasionally listen to Abba, and know more songs from musicals than she does. I'd never hear the end of it. xD

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Feb 9, 2024
I'm at that point where I'm to old to care what people think about what I listen to. I listen to a little bit of everything.

Years
I don't exactly have the most balanced and varied music taste and due to that I have difficulty talking about what little I do take the time to listen to. The category that really takes the cake in terms of embarrassment would be Voclaoid music. Older people especially probably wouldn't understand the appeal of music made with a computerized voice.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
i don't really care about what people think of me for what i listen to honestly. but i guess the embarrassing thing i have to admit is that i actually liked nickelback at their height in the mid-2000's.

Years
I honestly don't understand the hate Nickelback gets? Linkin Park used to get it too. I like both honestly. One Step Closer is forever a banger.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
Years
Anime Ops and Eds. I will listen to literally anything else around friends or family, but that is an embarrassment I could not handle.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
you know i never see anyone ever want to admit they were ever into simple plan

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Well yeah, video game soundtracks are a bit embarrassing and not something I tell every new person I meet (or even coworkers) that I like. Only if I think they'll understand and appreciate that art form themselves do I reveal that taste of mine :3

RadEmpoleon

Empress of Randomness
Years
I'm agreeing with the person above. Most of my playlist was video game music for a while and was embarrassed to tell people.

Recently, I fell down the rabbit hole of listening to rhythm game music and now I listen to a lot of music from Japanese producers (since all the rhythm games I play are Japanese games I believe)

Last edited:
Years
Same hat for years now I'm just uncultured swine that listens only to VG/Anime OSTs and Vocaloid music. I swear I wasn't always like this and once had more well-rounded normie listening habits.

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
Years
  • Age 28
  • UK
  • Seen today
Nothing wrong with enjoying game soundtracks imo. If anyone asks I just refer them to the Xenoblade OST and Nobuo Uematsu or Shoji Meguro's works.
For me it's kpop (Dreamcatcher, Loona, CLC, etc). I've gotten away with jpop and jrock but I doubt people would be less forgiving with kpop considering the fandom's reputation lol

Back