bobandbill

one more time

Male
A cape
Seen 2 Hours Ago
Posted 1 Day Ago
16,018 posts
12.7 Years
I penned this opinion piece. I think it's not exactly a controversial opinion... but it deserves saying.

Staff Anime Villain Collab - Earl de Darkwood - Interstella 5555

Daily | Drabble Dex | A Change of the Season
The Retelling of Pokémon Colosseum
Paired to Sheep :>

Mercury

Age 29
Male
The Future
Seen 2 Days Ago
Posted 3 Days Ago
353 posts
9.2 Years
I definitely don't like how money-focused Niantic is. They definitely seem like a villain Team in the main series games with their policies, although I don't blame them for taking advantage of the situation.

Pokémon GO is a big cash generator for Niantic. If they believe in a risk that Trainers will move their valued Pokémon to HOME and spend less money in GO, perhaps they feel justified in charging so much right now in time or money?
It seems to me that Niantic will continue to keep the prices and times the way they are to keep Trainers spending money on pokémon storage in GO, unless Trainers also throw a lot of money at them to speed up transfers.

Age 35
Finland
Seen 22 Hours Ago
Posted 1 Week Ago
958 posts
13.4 Years
This doesn’t match the current restriction of offering it to Level 40 Trainers only (ergo, Niantic and The Pokémon Company can monitor server demand easily enough)
They've changed that quickly, now you need to be at least level 37 in order to transfer pokémon to HOME: https://pokemongohub.net/post/guide/how-to-transfer-from-pokemon-go-to-pokemon-home/
Mewtwo X Espeon 4-ever!

Caite-chan

...blasting off again!

Age 33
Female
Vermillion City
Seen 4 Hours Ago
Posted 18 Hours Ago
8,001 posts
17 Years
I think its stupid in both ways. I shouldn't have to wait damn near a week to transfer more Pokemon nor should I have to spend money on it.
VPP: Gigalith @ 8,105 & Drapion w/Fairy @ 7,634|Futro Region
"We may not make a lot of money but at least we have our freedom."

🌹 🌹 🌹

x staff collab 2020 x

Sheep

she/her
Seen 7 Hours Ago
Posted 19 Hours Ago
29,936 posts
14.1 Years
so... people can spend $15 on the yearly home subscription (3x more than bank was) for more storage, and then more money in pogo for incubators + raid passes to get shinies... and still be limited in how often they can send stuff to home. that is really greedy. :(

some people say it's so we keep buying more storage space in go but I'm sorry, players already spent enough money as I mentioned above to get these things. forcing you to buy more storage space has no good reason to exist other than money, and would be a very bad look if it were their main/only reason.

others mentioned so we don't have too many 'easy' shinies being traded all over the place on the GTS or anything, but again, people spent time and money to get these. and the franchise isn't solely focused on trading - a lot of people don't trade at all, so why should they be capped on how often they can bring things over to the home app they probably paid for?
art blog | art thread | vpp | mal | ffxiv
sheep x bobandbill 5ever
Age 35
Finland
Seen 22 Hours Ago
Posted 1 Week Ago
958 posts
13.4 Years
so... people can spend $15 on the yearly home subscription (3x more than bank was) for more storage, and then more money in pogo for incubators + raid passes to get shinies... and still be limited in how often they can send stuff to home. that is really greedy. :(
So much this. There shouldn't even be any technical restrictions because sending Pokémon to home is technically pretty simple database operation.
Mewtwo X Espeon 4-ever!

Zacian

刀劍 のザシアン.

Age 28
Male
Galar
Seen 9 Hours Ago
Posted 22 Hours Ago
1,423 posts
11.2 Years
I really hate Pokemon Go after a while and I'll never be hitting the level 40. Guess oh welp I can't have my Gmax Melmetal.
"We draw the sword with a clean conscience and with clean hands.."

Palamon

Has sent out Pikachu!

Age 23
he/him
Milaturia.
Seen 8 Hours Ago
Posted 8 Hours Ago
6,080 posts
11.8 Years
Honestly, the whole week wait limit is very dumb? I hope if enough people complain, Niantic will change the limit. But... I doubt they're listening to people's complaints.

I do agree that this is very greedy. I'm not level 40, and haven't touched go in ages, but I can imagine how upset some people are that they can only send one shiny legendary a WEEK. That's just ridiculous.
Theme: Ramuda Amemura
Pair: Drew