Age 16
Male
Multiverse
Seen 3 Weeks Ago
Posted May 24th, 2022
960 posts
2.9 Years

Pokémon Celestial Version
Hack of: 1636 - Pokemon Fire Red (U)(Squirrels)
Latest release: https://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=10435225&postcount=22

Story

You are finally fifteen years old! Ready to start your journey in the Triton region, the acclaimed Pokémon Professor (and astronomer), Professor Almond, who just moved in your town, makes you run an errand; this errand, because of Team Eternal, is the key to demise not only for Triton, but the whole world! Earth soon becomes the target of the cosmos and is bombarded with a flurry of destructive meteors and asteroids; but is this all because of some change in universal space nature, or is there some deeper meaning to it? And above all, can a hero stop this catastrophe and save the world from annialation?

Travel through the multi-terrain Triton region, meet long lasting companions, battle with Pokémon from many different regions, stop Team Eternal's ultimate plan, and save the entire world from ultimate destruction in Pokémon Celestial Version!

Features

• Upgraded Battle Engine:
    All the battle mechanics have been updated to the standards of Generation VIII, which includes the Physical/Special/Status split, Fairy type and the new type chart, new abilities and attacks (like the Burn Up [move] and Corrosion [ability]) and items.
  • Graphical updates:
    A lot of the standard graphics have gone a revamp, including updated Pokémon sprites, updated tiles and tilesets (along with custom overworld graphics), new and updated Trainer sprites, Dynamic Overworld Palette's with new Overworld Sprites, a Dynamic Day and Night system and small aesthetic changes.
  • Catch 'em all:
    Catch all your favourite Pokémon from Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, Unova, Kalos, Alola and Galar in the Triton region!
  • Newer Generation features:
    Celestial features almost every new addition in the Pokémon games past the GameBoy Advance, including the re-use repel prompt, battle terrain, inverse/sky battles, Totem Pokémon, auto-run and others!
  • Custom songs:
    Have fun listening to updated songs and sounds, and enjoy new music with some familiar and some entirely different OST's!
  • Other features:
    Expanded Pokémon Storage System Boxes (up to twenty-five!), vastly improved AI system with decision-making skills for all new battle effects, over 100 TM's, updated pickup mechanics and an updated day-care system, ton's of new berries and much more!
  • Small and noticeable features:
    Spoiler:
    • Poison survival at 01 HP
    • Eggs hatch at Level 01
    • Item image and description on obtain
    • Player faces trainers before battle
    • Players can run indoors
    • Gain experience points for capturing Pokémon
    • Directly move items on Pokémon party screen

And a lot more! A full feature list will be included with the initial release.

Screenshots

Quick links

• Discord server

Join the Pokémon Celestial Version Discord server to see unreleased updates, exclusive screenshots, and much more!

• YouTube channel

The YouTube channel will showcase minor or major implementations, events, or features to come later in the game.

Download

• Celestial Version Debug Release
    Release date: 30th November, 2021
    Notes: Don't be alarmed by the progress of this release; Beta 0.0 is already up to the first Gym in Erstonia City, with much more features and the like! Changelog can be viewed here.

Credits

Spoiler:
  • Skeli and ghoulslash (and all contributors) - Main game engine (the Complete FireRed Upgrade + Dynamic Pokémon Expansion)
  • Squeetz - Music ROM base
  • Lunos / Kiy / usigusom / () / 黒インク - Party Screen Patches
  • DoesntKnowHowToPlay - Displaying IV's on the stat screen
  • jiangzhengwenjzw - Extra Movements ASM, Evolution via Callasm routine
  • Spherical Ice - Sideways Stairs routine, Nature-affected stats coloring routines
  • Prof. Leon Dias - Part of his engine
  • pret - pokefirered decompilation (which helped a lot in the development of Celestial)
  • Jambo51 - Overworld Rival naming routine
  • Delta231 - NSE 2.0 bookmarks
  • igorfs10 - Battle backgrounds
  • SailorVicious - Tiles
  • Hek - Tiles
  • aveontrainer - Tiles
  • Fanking Omega - Tiles
  • Thrace - Tiles
  • STikER - The "Pokémon Version" logo
  • Tool creators - All the tools used for the making of this hack
  • Public tileset creators - Tiles and tilesets

Special Thanks

Spoiler:
  • Skeli, who has been an amazing inspiration, for creating the CFRU, and always answering any of my questions
  • Spherical Ice and Thrace, who both also have been an inspiration for me
  • STikER, for helping me a lot, and being a really good friend in general

Inner Rhymes

Hip Hop and Pokemon are all I need.

They/Them
India.
Seen 2 Days Ago
Posted 2 Days Ago
1,379 posts
5.2 Years
I dig the storyline! Do you have plans of switching up the tileset? Personally, I feel like Fire Red graphics tend to be generic if used as it is.
Ayee I just dropped my latest single Soulace on all streaming platforms. This is a chill Lofi track that's very personal to me! I hope y'all enjoy!

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0fT3k2KU1dw
Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/album/0EeJ5hMa8YUDHaZEhmbCqk
Apple Music: https://music.apple.com/in/album/soulace-single/1565986518?ls

Lucariokalos

Playing rom hacks and official game

Age 31
She/her
Unova Region( Drifveil City)
Seen 13 Hours Ago
Posted January 1st, 2022
60 posts
2.3 Years
This is cool! I gonna try this later.
Rom hack I supported:
Pokemon Unbound,Pokemon saffron version,Pokemon gs Chronicles,Pokemon secret Diaries, Pokemon Orange island,Pokemon Saiph,Pokemon,Pokemon sors,Pokemon Fire red Rocket edition,Pokemon Radical Red.

Astrophel

Exploring the universe.

Age 16
Male
Multiverse
Seen 3 Weeks Ago
Posted May 24th, 2022
960 posts
2.9 Years
The story is solid, have you decided upon a difficulty curve or will you include scaling to the player wishes in the settings?

Also hope to see what the region looks like soon. Wish you the best.
For Beta v0.0 and v1.0, standard Pokémon difficulty; for future beta's, most likely choosable difficulty options.

I dig the storyline! Do you have plans of switching up the tileset? Personally, I feel like Fire Red graphics tend to be generic if used as it is.
Absolutely! Though I won't deviate from the actual FireRed style, there will be updated tiles, like so: https://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=10372636&postcount=7

You haven't yet disclosed about the starters for this hack, huh? I wonder what choices you are going to give to us, the hack looks promising nonetheless. Wish you luck with the project! : )
The Hoenn region (Gen III) starters are finalized (as of now). I like all three of them, and with Mega Evolution coming in Beta v2.0, you'll need mega stones for your starter (and best PKMN).

Astrophel

Exploring the universe.

Age 16
Male
Multiverse
Seen 3 Weeks Ago
Posted May 24th, 2022
960 posts
2.9 Years
Update #1

Aerilon Town - The starting town of Pokémon Celestial Version!

Astrophel

Exploring the universe.

Age 16
Male
Multiverse
Seen 3 Weeks Ago
Posted May 24th, 2022
960 posts
2.9 Years
This is cool! I gonna try this later.
Thank you!

Astrophel

Exploring the universe.

Age 16
Male
Multiverse
Seen 3 Weeks Ago
Posted May 24th, 2022
960 posts
2.9 Years
Screenshots updated!

Pixel64

Stan LOOΠΔ!

He/Him
Canada
Seen May 2nd, 2022
Posted April 4th, 2022
30 posts
1.2 Years
Update #1

Aerilon Town - The starting town of Pokémon Celestial Version!
I love this town's design! I feel that lofty, mountainous locations are underused in Pokémon games. The rocky surrounding area looks promising. Looking forward to future development!
If you like double battles, check out Pokémon Mega X & Y

Astrophel

Exploring the universe.

Age 16
Male
Multiverse
Seen 3 Weeks Ago
Posted May 24th, 2022
960 posts
2.9 Years
I love this town's design! I feel that lofty, mountainous locations are underused in Pokémon games. The rocky surrounding area looks promising. Looking forward to future development!
Thank you! I'm actually not working on the game as much as I should since I have my finals coming, but hopefully Beta 0.0 will be out in August!

Astrophel

Exploring the universe.

Age 16
Male
Multiverse
Seen 3 Weeks Ago
Posted May 24th, 2022
960 posts
2.9 Years
Update #2

The Dynamic Day & Night system in action. This is a debug feature. This will not be present in it's full glory in the initial release, rather in Beta 0.1. More updates can be viewed in the Discord server (check main post for link)!

Gigi Dolin

Age 33
United States
Seen 40 Minutes Ago
Posted 40 Minutes Ago
1,581 posts
13.1 Years
Thank you! I'm actually not working on the game as much as I should since I have my finals coming, but hopefully Beta 0.0 will be out in August!
Finals are very important so no need to push yourself to work on this while you study. As for beta 0.0, what would be an estimate length of the beta be? I'm not expecting it to be very long since it is a first release, I'm just curious.

And the day to night deal looks amazing and the starting town looks good.

Astrophel

Exploring the universe.

Age 16
Male
Multiverse
Seen 3 Weeks Ago
Posted May 24th, 2022
960 posts
2.9 Years
Finals are very important so no need to push yourself to work on this while you study. As for beta 0.0, what would be an estimate length of the beta be? I'm not expecting it to be very long since it is a first release, I'm just curious.

And the day to night deal looks amazing and the starting town looks good.
2 Gyms, and thanks!

Astrophel

Exploring the universe.

Age 16
Male
Multiverse
Seen 3 Weeks Ago
Posted May 24th, 2022
960 posts
2.9 Years
Is this still being worked on?
Definitely! You can join the Discord server for more frequent updates.

Astrophel

Exploring the universe.

Age 16
Male
Multiverse
Seen 3 Weeks Ago
Posted May 24th, 2022
960 posts
2.9 Years
Item count - The amount of items in Celestial (only standard items!). This is just a debugging test: Many of these will appear in late beta's, and some which will appear not at all! Big thanks to Prof. Leon Dias for most of the data!

Astrophel

Exploring the universe.

Age 16
Male
Multiverse
Seen 3 Weeks Ago
Posted May 24th, 2022
960 posts
2.9 Years
Hey everyone, looking for Beta Testers! The first Beta is far from done, but I need to select and finalize some people before releasing the actual Beta. Please PM me/reply in this thread if interested.

Astrophel

Exploring the universe.

Age 16
Male
Multiverse
Seen 3 Weeks Ago
Posted May 24th, 2022
960 posts
2.9 Years
The first release of Pokémon Celestial Version (Debug Release) is set to release at 5:00 PM (UTC) on 30th November, 2021!

Astrophel

Exploring the universe.

Age 16
Male
Multiverse
Seen 3 Weeks Ago
Posted May 24th, 2022
960 posts
2.9 Years

Pokémon Celestial Version - Debug Release

Pokémon Celestial Version Debug Release is out! The main purpose of this debug release is to open game suggestions from players. At a point in the development of Celestial Beta 0.0, I just decided to diverge this branch and save it for a release like this. Please note that even though I released it, I would personally like all of you to wait for the release of Beta 0.1, or at the very least Beta 0.0. The main thread can be viewed here. Fun fact is that this game is a developer copy, making it a literal "debug release"!

Progress

Spoiler:
Up till Goldtree Village.

Download

Notes: Don't be alarmed by the progress of this release; Beta 0.0 is already up to Gym 01 in Erstonia City, with much more features and the like!
Male
Space
Seen May 25th, 2022
Posted May 15th, 2022
26 posts
1.4 Years

Pokémon Celestial Version - Debug Release

Pokémon Celestial Version Debug Release is out! The main purpose of this debug release is to open game suggestions from players. At a point in the development of Celestial Beta 0.0, I just decided to diverge this branch and save it for a release like this. Please note that even though I released it, I would personally like all of you to wait for the release of Beta 0.1, or at the very least Beta 0.0. The main thread can be viewed here. Fun fact is that this game is a developer copy, making it a literal "debug release"! The progress update and download can be viewed below.

Progress

Spoiler:
Up till Goldtree Village.

Download

Notes: Don't be alarmed by the progress of this release; Beta 0.0 is already up to Gym 01 in Erstonia City, with much more features and the like!
Noiceeee
United States
Seen February 24th, 2022
Posted January 9th, 2022
13 posts
1.5 Years
Quite impressive beginning town!

I have one suggestion.

After getting a parcel from Prof. Almond,

he said you should go to your mom and talk about leaving the town.

However when going back home and talking to her,

she only said; "have you met Prof. Almond yet?"

Although when leaving a town, an event happens (talking with mom), it is somewhat artificial.

How about a little change like,

instead of giving running shoes at the beginning,

Mom will give it when a player talks to her after receiving the parcel.

And if a player tries to leave without meeting mom (without getting running shoes),

make an event happen, something like,

I forget to talk with my mom or I need good running shoes to pass through the forest or something.

Anyway, it looks really good. I will keep playing this and let you know if I find any glitches.

Astrophel

Exploring the universe.

Age 16
Male
Multiverse
Seen 3 Weeks Ago
Posted May 24th, 2022
960 posts
2.9 Years
Beta 0.0 is almost complete! Again, I want everyone of you to wait for Beta 0.1. It's a much cleaner and fresher look on the game, and it's development has already started alongside Beta 0.0. Both are separate releases just to show what I originally planned (Beta 0.0), and what I later planned (Beta 0.1). Stay tuned!