• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Article: Top 15 Pokémon to use for a playthrough in Pokémon Scarlet and Violet

Top 15 Pokémon to use for a playthrough in Pokémon Scarlet and Violet

Top 15 Pokémon to use for a playthrough in Pokémon Scarlet and Violet

If you are interested in using different kinds of Pokémon that can help enhance your Pokémon playthrough, then consider this list!
Years
Read this article earlier and I largely agree - especially with Gallade. I hadn't realized how good he was now that Sharpness was introduced. Great addition!

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
Years
  • Age 44
  • D.C.
  • Seen Apr 20, 2024
Oh, I thought Sharpness was a hidden ability for Gallade. I ended up having two of the Pokémon listed - Meowscarada (my starter), and Azumarill (my first tera dungeon encounter). I do use Tinkaton for a lot of raids, however.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen yesterday
Its a cruel joke that one of my faves - Gallade - only gets a new ability in the generation after its home region's remakes!

Perhaps could have been worth mentioning that before it evolves, Meowscarada's line also has a killer combo of Bullet Seed and the held item Loaded Dice. Guaranteed 100 BP, but because its multi-hit you can have crits, break substitute / disguise etc.
I also have a Charcadet and Finizen in my team when I return to Violet - had no idea about Palafin, just wandered out to the see and "OMG they finally made a DOLPHIN!?!", bred a bunch until I got a half-decent nature with Bounce.

It sucks that Protean got nerfed, I really couldn't decide between Fuecoco and Sprigatito, the hope of eventually having my starter with that ability wrecking things was the clincher! Especially when it gets a far more varied movepool than your average Grass-type - Thunder Punch! A Water-type attack! Plus it seems unfair that we've had a Water and Fire starter get to wreak havoc with it, but they nerf it when they finally bless a Grass-type with it.

Last edited:
Back