• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tug o' War 3 - Tea (+1) vs Coffee (-1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today

7Rft7iG.png
    tug of war game PNG Designed By 588ku from [url]https://pngtree.com/freepng/childrens-day-tug-of-war-silhouette-children-silhouettes-childrens-tug-of-war-game_3855731.html[/url][/SIZE]

Welcome to the Forum Games Tug o' War thread!

What is going on here?
    Since the Gender Race has been retired to further our goal of inclusion, we would like to present to you our brand new Tug o' War game!

Awesome! But erm... what is it?
    It works much the same as before, but rather than having a game involving binary identity where not everyone may be able to participate, we will pick a (friendly!) subject to race / battle and you will post for the side you want to win!

You simply join whichever team you like, and you can even change sides if you find your opinion has swayed during the game, but please try to keep any switching for genuine changes of heart.

The subject for the next game will be voted on by YOU, and you will also be able to suggest new topics to vote on as well, so it's fully interactive!

I wanna vote!
    A separate thread for voting and suggestions can be found stickied here.

Let's play! Gimme the rules!
    Both sides of the battle will be assigned a role - up or down. If you want team UP to win, then you will simply ADD one to the number from the post above you. If you want team DOWN to win, then you SUBTRACT one instead!

We will start at 250. If team UP reaches 500, they win! If team DOWN reaches 0, they win!

To avoid a never-ending stalemate, each topic will run for around three months. If the game hasn't been won by that point, whichever side is leading wins! It could even be a tie! We will then move on to the next topic voted for by our members!

Remember to stick to the Forum Rules and try to keep the conversation flowing. You can talk about anything, such as the current battle subject, or even just daily chit-chat!

Round 1 witnessed Cats secure victory over Dogs!
    Round 2 see the Anti-Pineapple-ists barely secure the victory!

The subject for this round is:

Tea vs Coffee
    Tea (UP)
    vs.
    Coffee (DOWN)

Scheduled end date: 25th May 2023

Let's begin!

Last edited:
    Years

I tried Coffee once and only once. I didn't like the stuff.
    I've drank tea a lot, but much more when I was younger. Nowadays I rarely drink it.
    So... Team Lemonade Tea, I guess?

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today

Most of the times in the past when I drank coffee it was not my own decision to do so. Bitter stuff is ok sometimes. But if I want something bitter I much prefer green tea!

Years

I have nothing against coffee, because I like the smell and I think it's pretty good here in Italy. I like it sugarless, like mom always has it. However, I'll always support tea mainly for two reasons: I love tea with it's infinite choices of flavours and I haven't had coffee in a long time because I am probably intolerant to it lol

Years

Does Ice Tea Lemonade still count as tea? =P
    I drink Peach Ice Tea Lemonade somewhat regularly, to vary my lemonade flavors =D

StCooler

Mayst thou thy peace discover.
    Years
    • Seen May 5, 2024

Seeing everyone increase the counter makes me wonder: does anyone like coffee? XD
    I don't like coffee for the same reason I don't like alcohol: too bitter for me, even with sugar.
    And tea is overrated for me but sometimes I do drink tea.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today

I do like the Cranberry+Strawberry tea they sell at a nearby drug store. You actually get a lot for your money, as well.

Years
    One of the best tea flavours I had is a green tea with litchis and morniga. Sweet and aromatic. Bonus: if you eat it with biscuits, they get this sweet flavour, so it's just incredible lol

Years

When I drink tea it's usually Apple or Lemon flavor =3
    As a kid my parents always drank Fennel and Chamomile tea so I would usually tag along with those.

Seeing everyone increase the counter makes me wonder: does anyone like coffee? XD

I was honestly not expecting such a lopsided voting for this rofl

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today

If this ends up as a clear victory we'll just have to find a topic for the next game that is a little more interesting. But of course: we're currently still not there, yet. ;)

Years

I know there's a decent amount of Coffee people on PC, but I guess they don't frequent FG. Which means this is a free victory =D

Spoiler:

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today

There are always people who like to subvert expectations. So, we might still see a fight.

Years

I get offered Coffee sometimes by some people on cold and rainy days, so I'm forced to always decline as these people don't have the decency to offer a proper beverage.
    Seriously though I've yet to ever be offered tea in those situations xD

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today

I guess coffee is just the easiest available? Like, whenever there were parties where family was invited tey would only serve coffee unless you told them you want something else. It's probably just a cultural thing to always default to "do you want a coffee?".

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back