• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

★☆ The Incredibly Wandering Thread ☆★ [v5.0]

Noblejanobii

The Maddest Shaymin
Years
  • Dude I gotta pluck my eyebrows otherwise I legit will grow a unibrow. Ya girl gets regular waxings and plucks all the time to ensure we do not return to the unibrow era.

Years
  • Dude I gotta pluck my eyebrows otherwise I legit will grow a unibrow. Ya girl gets regular waxings and plucks all the time to ensure we do not return to the unibrow era.

Let them grow, let them grow
    Don't hold them back anymore
    Let them grow, let them grow
    Don't pluck them and slam the door
    Just ignore what they're going to say
    Let the brow rage on
    The trends are sucky anyway

We're living in like, a hairless world and it's just stupid. News flash! Humans are hairy! We evolved from horrible, hairy apes so what does everyone expect?! And noses are shiny. They're shiny, people. So stop shooing the girls into the powder rooms - not letting them emerge until they're shineless and ashamed!

... or maybe that was that just in the fifties? Can't remember.

And I hear a lot about how all the girls are waxing and shaving all their body hair, and it sounds painful, pointless and unsustainable. Should there be an apocalypse, they're all going to be prickly - like cacti, with spiny arms and legs. The original status quo was nice! It was natural. And if someone is going to like you, it's only ever going to be worth anything if they look past your unibrow and all that. Don't appease society! Make society appease you!

So celebrate! Be free, like a forest creature and run in the meadows of joy! But with clothes on. I'm not that radical yet.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    i actually think girls faces are often shinier when they have make-up on but ok maybe it's just the makeup they're using. i don't use make-up very often at all and when i do it's like... eyeliner and mascara and maybe foundation and thats it lol.

though i suppose you're right about the nose?? shrug look how much i care about masking myself

Last edited:
    Years
  • My personal preference is for girls who don't/hardly wear any make up. Sometimes, I want to give them a guy makeover where I make them wash their face. Perfect. They can put on aloe vera and that kind of thing after - it makes the skin glow, tighten and heal without scarring.

I basically use aloe vera for chapped lips (all that infernal kissing, don't you know) and it works brilliantly. Put it on cuts and scrapes too, and they vanish soon after.

Noblejanobii

The Maddest Shaymin
    Years
  • My face is pretty shiny either way just because I have really oily skin so I have to use liquid makeup to counteract that. the stuff I use though actually helps get rid of my acne though and acts as sunscreen because it has SPF in it which is very nice.

As for waxing and such, I only do that for my unibrow and my mustache since I get really dark hairs in both places that make me look very unattractive. I shave my underarms some but not my legs or anywhere else since the hairs are blonde in those places so I don't have to bother unless they just get too long.

I use foundation, blush, eyeliner, mascara, lip stick, and a wide array of eyeshadows. Definitely not the most diverse or complex makeup set in existence. I used to not wear any makeup at all but in Spain that's less socially acceptable and I have time to actually put it on every morning here so I just go ahead and do it.

Years
  • Well, I guess you should always strive to feel comfortable with how you look, just so as long as you aren't appeasing anyone but yourself. Right now, I'm into having one eyebrow crooked and looking as washed out as possible. There's also this really dirty scarf that people won't let me wear and I'm at the end of my fucking tether.

But fostering friggin' freckles is too much work. A light spatter is boring. I need completeness.

TY

i hate having a unibrow but it grows back faster than I can remove it

Years
  • Oh good, it my desperate, not long-necked but still eligible fiancé! Where have you been hiding?

But c'mon, you lot! Think back to young Jennifer Connelly in Labyrinth, and Natalie Portman from Léon: The Professional! Did we grimace and condemn, or think 'oh what lovely creatures, even though they have unibrows. They're unibrow-corns, oh how wonderfully jolly'? Yes, we bloody did.

I'm sure there are others, but I can't remember them.

Years
  • oh god please stop.

And in future husband language that means... continue, continue! I've got you all figured out, unicorn cheeks. But okay, okay - I'll call off the engagement if you find someone to talk your place. A sacrificial lamb. Make it someone you hate. Gender is irrelevant because as we head steadily toward our cosmic doom on this continent speckled patch of universe, frivolous fancies on the old interweb isn't going to mean squat.

Someone hilarious, please. Intentionally or not.

Years
  • Everyone always says what at me. Always. Every bloody day. I wish they'd say 'I hear! I understand! It's ringing high and true!' What do I get, though?

what

Such a sad business. And now I need a theme to match.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
  • I don't like to wear make up. It's not really my thing. I'm sort of tomboyish, and I never really learned to apply eyeliner. I'm afraid of poking my eye out or something. I actually prefer the natural look.

Noblejanobii

The Maddest Shaymin
    Years
  • Applying eyeliner is a lot less difficult than it looks! It just takes practice. I still can't draw a straight line unless I'm using liquid eyeliner but I prefer the pencil because it's less likely to smudge if I blink too quickly after I apply it. Liquid eyeliner will smudge if it hasn't dried and it's a total bother.

That being said I used to hate makeup. It wasn't until maybe college timeframe and even then more recently like within the past couple months that I've really started to care for my appearance.

Years
  • I tried eyeliner. It's good fun if you're used to drawing, but someone tried to shoot me because they thought I was a raccoon. Tried mascara too. It gummed up my eyes and blinking was made a rare luxury. Nail polish suffocated my poor, wee nails to death and sadly I could find no lipstick.

Since then I've come to treasure the delights of a bare face. You ladies! Pah! Such suffering. I hope its worth it.

Last edited:

Noblejanobii

The Maddest Shaymin
    Years
  • You just gotta find the right products, mate. Different products work differently depending on the structure and make up of your face. I have to use a liquid foundation for for my oily skin, an eyeliner pencil for quicker drying, and voluminous mascara because I already have decently long lashes. It's a lot easier once you find what you like and what works well.

Years
  • Ooh, but if we're talking about looks... there's this little thing called the Beanie Test. I know the person who invented it. Basically, you put on a beanie, hide all of your hair, and if you're still attractive then that means you're really attractive.

The only beanie I could find looked like it belonged to a smurf - blue and droopy, and obviously designed to make the wearer look as stupid as possible. Young Roger Moore would have looked a gross twat in it, so I've yet to complete the test.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    I like beanies but I don't know where my last one went. Maybe I should've gotten a KH one while I was getting KHIII after all.

One day I'll get the hang of make-up maybe hahah. My sister says she's not going to teach me anything so it's me pretty much having to figure it out on my own but honestly i'm too lazy for that

Noblejanobii

The Maddest Shaymin
    Years
  • When playing a game of assassin earlier this year I did something like this except with a baseball cap because my hair is so long it's easy to identify me from far away. I looked okay but my hair really helps to frame my face. Unfortunately I don't own any beanies because my hair is too long for them.

Back