• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

★ Toxic to the Touch ★ Poison Type Fan Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
    Years
    I'm back with another Pokémon of the Week:

Spoiler:

Toxicroak!

Black/White 2 Pokédex: The croaking that Toxicroak produces before a battle is for churning the poison it has stored in its poison sac.

So if it croaks, it's a bad sign. I know this is a fan favorite of most of you guys here while I'm still not totally into it, but it's grown on me a bit. I know it's pretty strong if nothing else.

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    Toxicroak's alright. Its battling capabilities are certainly deadly if underestimated but it sorta lacks the 'use this pokemon' aura. Maybe it's my personal preference towards the blobby poison types such as the Gulpin and Grimer line, but Toxicroak hasn't ever been something that's caught my eye. Its design is kinda cool and the typing is also pretty interesting but I can't get caught onto the hype about it. :(

Croagunk in the anime earns my respect though. poor brock ;__;

Years
    I haven't been posting here in a while... but a nice new topic should get my activity going again!

I think Toxicroak and its pre-evo Croagunk are very interesting, especially their type combination. Poison/Fighting is in my opinion one of the most "odd" typings I've ever seen come out, despite making it dead weight against Psychic-types. The line is apparently based on a poison dart frog (a very well-known species of frog) while Toxicroak's claws draw inspiration from a frog species called a "Hairy Frog" according to Bulbapedia.

It's kinda overshadowed by other Poison and Fighting-types but it's got a few interesting tricks like Sucker Punch, and I also loved Brock's Croagunk in the anime. He was often really funny when he uses Poison Jab on Brock when he falls in love with girls.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    What I'm most fond in regards to Toxicroak is its ability to be leading battles. Although its defenses aren't as huge and could be taken down easily, it has access to a ton of good moves, such as Swords Dance, Sucker Punch, Drain Punch, and Poison Jab. After raising its Attack stat with Swords Dance, it could immediate take care of its opponents that out-speed it with Sucker Punch immediately. Then, it's able to deal with the rest with Drain Punch and Poison Jab. If this Pokémon has Dry Skin ability and is on a rain-team, it could be even more easy to utilize, as it gets much of its health recovered once every turn. You no longer have to worry about its HP. Less you worry, the better it is for you, as it increases your confidence, making it easier for you to battle.

In terms of design, I believe it looks pretty cool! It's got a human-like body, is slim; seems really suitable for it. Toxicroak's coloring is decent, especially, considering that the Pokémon is poison-type and whatnot.

Wicked3DS

Years
    A double Psychic weakness is definitely trouble, it's going to fall to Psychic every time. It would need to avoid any Pokémon that can use that at all costs. I suppose as long as it could hit first and take the Pokémon out in one swing it would be alright, but without such a guarantee, it would be better to avoid it completely. It's got a pretty interesting design, I'll say that much.

Nakala Pri

Hey, guys! It's Rozu, your original club owner! :D It's been ages and I'd like to thank everyone for all their help with the club! <3

Alex, you've been so awesome for keeping it alive and just... THANK YOU, YO!

Toxicroak is pretty epic on online battles. :P He can sweep so easily and his speed usually kicks the stuffin' out of EVERYTHING :D He is a pretty sweet deal and I'd recommend him easily!

But with plain old battles, he is trouble. :C Psychics aren't entirely uncommon and you'd probably be struggling with every turn. xD

Wicked3DS

Years
    Hey, guys! It's Rozu, your original club owner! :D It's been ages and I'd like to thank everyone for all their help with the club! <3

Alex, you've been so awesome for keeping it alive and just... THANK YOU, YO!

Toxicroak is pretty epic on online battles. :P He can sweep so easily and his speed usually kicks the stuffin' out of EVERYTHING :D He is a pretty sweet deal and I'd recommend him easily!

But with plain old battles, he is trouble. :C Psychics aren't entirely uncommon and you'd probably be struggling with every turn. xD

Welcome back! Well, ya know, I try :P

Yeah, I get what you mean. Psychic is way too common to trust it in regular battles. It would be good against everything else though.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Welcome back, Rozu! It's nice to see you again! Long time, huh?

So, here's a nice topic for us all. Since we lack poison-type legendaries, let's create some; in regards to that, if you were to make something of your own at some point in future, what would you call it? How would it look? What would its stats be? How would its move-pool seem like, and what ability would you be giving it? If it's part of a trio, such as birds and beasts, what would you name this trio?

Me--one idea that immediately comes to mind is some mutated-bear-like creature, with holes on its body here and there. From those holes, it's able to spray poisonous gas at will, which might cause opponent to be poisoned if strong enough (this would rather be an ability exclusive to this Pokémon; I'd call it something along the lines of "Toxication"). As for Pokémon name, I'd go with Poisoear--combination of the words poison and bear. Sorry if this isn't too creative!

Wicked3DS

Years
    A Poison-type Legendary? We talked about creating some before, like a gaseous Poison/Fire-type or a Poison/Fire-type snake since that type combo hasn't been used yet. I think a large serpent would make for a great legendary. Not sure what else though, I'd have to do some thinking about it :O

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    If you were to create your own poison-type legendary, what would it be?

I had a heap of ideas whizzing around for this one but I'll try and narrow it down to two. My first thought was of something that featured multiple snakes, similar to the ones that nest on top of Medusa. Using this idea, I then thought of a poison/dragon that was similar to a hydra. However since Hydreigon already followed this concept, I decided to add more heads than three. So the three-headed snake dragon became seven instead. The thing which I haven't named yet was then coloured a dark green. A bit uncreative and maybe even a stereotypical colour for serpents but it was the best I could come up with. Furthermore, it wasn't really a dragon even though the typing said otherwise. I imagined a seven-headed dinosaur instead at one point and switched it over. But even if dinosaurs = / = dragons, they're still pretty similar right? And lastly, its ability. As mentioned before, the idea first originated from Madusa. So maybe an ability that allows it the chance to petrify a pokemon for a turn and make it unable to attack? (5-10% chance of occurring)

As for my second idea, I think it involved a poisonous toad, similar to the image below.

Spoiler:

Though honestly, the inspiration for a poisonous toad legendary probably came from Seismitoad. Its appearance would be slightly altered of course but instead of standing it would be squatting and so forth. I'd imagine it to be a sickly shade of purple with bulging eyes and a few holes pierced through its body. Perhaps it could also breathe poisonous fumes? Maybe that's a bit similar to our Gen 5 toad but if it is, maybe Gamefreak could reveal that its a descendant or cousin of the Seismitoad line? idk :( Anyway it'd just be water/poison or ground/poison and also be independent. As for an ability, something called 'Fumes' wouldn't be a bad idea. The opponent pokemon has the chance to be overwhelmed by fumes and has a higher chance of missing the next attack. So like the petrifying ability, just slightly less troublesome and a different name. :p

Anyway those were two quick ideas I whipped up. Can't wait to see everyone else's. :)

Nakala Pri

How about a jackal? He'd be named something between faint and jackal... like Jakain. He'd look really sickly, starved and his stats would be heaps low to begin with. He'd have fangs that are dripping with Poison and maybe he has a weak resistance to the Poison inside of him, so he's heaps weak, but he won't die? He'd probably be a purplish grey with sunken green eyes. But here is the interesting part:

He Mega-evolves into a Legendary.

His evolution is tall, proud, looks way healthier and his stats all go up to 600, his main being attack. He could have Strong Jaw or a new ability called 'Revolution' and he has a change to build up upon certain stats, your Pokemon probably affecting it during battle. He'd be called Jakyoi or something similar? It's a combination of jackal and strong in Japanese.

He'd have a thick coat around his neck, long claws with gooey black stunk on 'em and his fangs would be coated in a purplish thick liquid. His coat would be a more pleasant grey, his eyes would be slightly narrowed with crescent pupils.

Not much to go on, buuuuuut not so bad, right? >:^D

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    EPIC, ASLAN!!! :D (gamabunta YES)

How about a jackal? He'd be named something between faint and jackal... like Jakain. He'd look really sickly, starved and his stats would be heaps low to begin with. He'd have fangs that are dripping with Poison and maybe he has a weak resistance to the Poison inside of him, so he's heaps weak, but he won't die? He'd probably be a purplish grey with sunken green eyes. But here is the interesting part:

He Mega-evolves into a Legendary.

His evolution is tall, proud, looks way healthier and his stats all go up to 600, his main being attack. He could have Strong Jaw or a new ability called 'Revolution' and he has a change to build up upon certain stats, your Pokemon probably affecting it during battle. He'd be called Jakyoi or something similar? It's a combination of jackal and strong in Japanese.

He'd have a thick coat around his neck, long claws with gooey black stunk on 'em and his fangs would be coated in a purplish thick liquid. His coat would be a more pleasant grey, his eyes would be slightly narrowed with crescent pupils.

Not much to go on, buuuuuut not so bad, right? >:^D

Not bad! I'm liking the idea with it starting off as weak and eventually becoming strong with what would be considered as 'legendary stats' (if we're talking about it having a BST of 600 overall). So just gonna clarify real quick - but is he a poison-type himself that's affected by toxic substances/poison deeply? And is his form 'Jakyoi', is that just a second evolution or is it his actual mega evo? Either way, the idea of mega evolution into a legendary sounds pretty insane when you factor in the account it was so weak to begin with. Almost like Magikarp -> Gyarados, really. =P

I think the design's certainly interesting since they haven't really introduced many poisonous mammals but rather reptiles, inanimate objects and masses of substance up until now. A jackal would be a great addition and certainly one embraced by many dog lovers. Based on how you're describing it though - I think it'd also have the potential to be poison/dark. It just feels very... mysterious and strange with its newfound power upon mega evolving. So either poison/dark or poison/psychic although the former sounds more suitable for a jackal pokemon. Thoughts?

Wicked3DS

Years
    How about another Pokémon of the Week?

Spoiler:

Silver Pokédex: If its prey is bigger than its mouth, it slices up the victim with sharp leaves, then eats every morsel.

FireRed Pokédex: The leafy parts act as cutters for slashing foes. It spits a fluid that dissolves everything.

o_O This thing is more dangerous than I thought. I figured only Victreebel was. Anyway, I don't really know much about Weepinbell, but I do like using Victreebel. It's got pretty good stats and decent moves to utilize them.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Weepinbell is all right; its dex entries seem to be quite intriguing, if you ask me! Personally, though, I'm much, more big of a fan of its evolution form--Victreebel.

In terms of anime, I feel that this Pokémon has played a decent role, considering it was once on James' team, if I remember correctly (or was it Jessie?), who is a regular character just Ash, Meowth, Pikachu, and so forth. As soon as it's sent out of its ball, it would immediately go and start to devour his head, which I found to be pretty hilarious, haha.

I haven't used it much when it comes to battling, however, so I can't precisely tell how good it is in that. Did utilize once or twice while participating in Battle Factory matches in Emerald, but don't remember touching it at all ever since, sorry to say. Though, its overall stats do look decent! Much better than some other Pokémon in its tier.

Wicked3DS

Years
    James had a Victreebel in the anime, which was always famous for trying to eat him whenever he called it out to battle. I used it a while back when playing HeartGold for the first time and it was pretty good for me I must say. It learns decent enough STAB moves and can use Sleep/Poisonpowder and Stun Spore, so it can be quite an annoyer as well.

MurkMire

[font=special elite][color=#FF3399]Toxic Terror[/c
    Years
    Omg... the Bellsprout line. <3 My favorite line of Grass-types EVER. Every form is very special to me. And Weepinbell is no exception.

The entries are just what I'd expect, and it's what makes me love the line that much more. And, it also explains what happens when Weepinbell and Victreebel meet larger foes.

I haven't been able to play a Pokemon game for quite some time... however, I'm gonna get Pokemon Y (hopefully) this Christmas to make the team of my dreams. One of which, being Victreebel.

In anime and game form, I'm a big fan of all three forms.

Fanboyism complete.

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    WELL THEN

For me, Weepinbell's the middle child between innocence and 'get closer and i'm gonna rip your face off in two'. On one hand, it still retains the goofy and sort of childish design of its previous form but then you have the internal screaming caused from reading its dex entry. Its entry is not that scary or disturbing per se but instead a rather unexpected light on something that doesn't even have teeth to bite down on anything. But as said by others, Victreebel would probably be my go to over Weepinbell.

In terms of aesthetics, it outclasses Weepinbell by a mile. But we're comparing a pokemon's final form to its middle one so it should be doing better in terms of everything, right? In which it does. Battle, name, concept, everything. And I guess its anime part outmatches Weepinbell since I've never seen the latter play a significant part in any seasons. =P

Also the Bellsprouts in Sprout Tower were really good for EXP. Just saying. ;v;

Nakala Pri

Never used Victreebell, but I remember playing HeartGold and crying from frustration from all of those Bellsprout. xD Might give it a try, one day, though.

I really like the goofiness surrounding it. It's whimsically blood curdling. >8D

I remember using Roserade and she basically wiped out anything that crossed her bad-ass path. :D

I'm gonna reply Pokemon X before my birthday, so I might use Roserade again. But does anyone have any ideas for a substitute?

Wicked3DS

Years
    For me, Weepinbell's the middle child between innocence and 'get closer and i'm gonna rip your face off in two'. On one hand, it still retains the goofy and sort of childish design of its previous form but then you have the internal screaming caused from reading its dex entry. Its entry is not that scary or disturbing per se but instead a rather unexpected light on something that doesn't even have teeth to bite down on anything. But as said by others, Victreebel would probably be my go to over Weepinbell.

That's exactly what I was thinking honestly. I didn't know Weepinbell could be so dangerous, especially since it doesn't look intimidating at all. You hit the nail right on the head.

I'm gonna reply Pokemon X before my birthday, so I might use Roserade again. But does anyone have any ideas for a substitute?

You could try Venusaur since it gets similar moves and a Mega. Vileplume is another option as well.

Nakala Pri

Too late, already chose a Squirtle and I have my Budew. :D So far, so good! :P

I had a Skunktank on my first file which had quite a nifty and secure strategy:

Use Toxic then bombard 'em with Venoshock, wipes 'em out in less then a second. >:B So yeah, my Pandora (Skunktank) was pretty neat, might give her a second shot on my next-next file. :D

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back