• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

★ Toxic to the Touch ★ Poison Type Fan Club

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2016
    I used my Poison mono to beat a local tournament ^-^ My single best Pokemon: Muk. Muk is AMAZING. Such great special defense that it could take a Psychic from Mega Gardevoir and live to Poison jab and KO it. Here's the replay of a battle in which my Muk did the above mentioned. Skip to turn 15 to see the amazing Muk! This isn't my Poison monotype, but it does contain half the Pokemon in my Poison mono. Lol. It's actually my all purple Pokemon team.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-165710147

Oh and since the club switched ownership and I'm not the list:

Name: Fenice
    Favorite Pokemon: Muk
    Why?: Great HP, Great Attack, Great Special Defense, Access to Poison touch + Poison Jab for a 60% chance to poison, Shadow Sneak for priority to compensate for it's low speed AND 30% chance to poison with Poison touch. Assault Vest Muk can survive Stab Psychics! And Muk probably one me that local tournament.

Current Topic: Best gen for Poison Pokemon? First gen. Gengar, Muk, Weezing, Venusaur, Nidoking/Queen, Venomoth are some of THE best Poison type Pokemon and Gengar and Venusaur are the only "OU" poison types. Hehe.

Last edited:

CoffeeDrink

GET WHILE THE GETTIN'S GOOD
    Years
  • I used my Poison mono to beat a local tournament ^-^ My single best Pokemon: Muk. Muk is AMAZING. Such great special defense that it could take a Psychic from Mega Gardevoir and live to Poison jab and KO it. Here's the replay of a battle in which my Muk did the above mentioned. Skip to turn 15 to see the amazing Muk! This isn't my Poison monotype, but it does contain half the Pokemon in my Poison mono. Lol. It's actually my all purple Pokemon team.

Why?: Great HP, Great Attack, Great Special Defense, Access to Poison touch + Poison Jab for a 60% chance to poison, Shadow Sneak for priority to compensate for it's low speed AND 30% chance to poison with Poison touch. Assault Vest Muk can survive Stab Psychics! And Muk probably won me that local tournament.

Current Topic: Best gen for Poison Pokemon? First gen. Gengar, Muk, Weezing, Venusaur, Nidoking/Queen, Venomoth are some of THE best Poison type Pokemon and Gengar and Venusaur are the only "OU" poison types. Hehe.

Muk is indeed amazing. I believe I have maximized the power of Muk for my preferred playing style through careful breeding. My current move set has Muk wielding Acid Spray, Minimize, Thunderbolt (or Flamethrower I think), and something else. . . Acid Armour would make sense. . . I actually forgot. I'd have to go find the game, plug it in and see. Anyways, the only two moves that truly mattered to me were Acid Spray and Minimize. Those two moves coupled together is a nightmare for anyone without any Steel on their team or without any 'always hits' moves. The Acid Spray just eats it's way through any Pokemon's SD like nobody's business, and minimize is almost always 'unfair' to the opponent (but who cares, right?) Acid Armour would make some sense to have as it would beef up the Defence to ward off other attacks and perhaps Dark Pulse may be needed to deal with any Psychics.

Congratulations on showing up those sniveling Dragon Type users, and proving what type is superior to their 'legendary blah, blah, blahs'

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
    Years
  • I used my Poison mono to beat a local tournament ^-^ My single best Pokemon: Muk. Muk is AMAZING. Such great special defense that it could take a Psychic from Mega Gardevoir and live to Poison jab and KO it. Here's the replay of a battle in which my Muk did the above mentioned. Skip to turn 15 to see the amazing Muk! This isn't my Poison monotype, but it does contain half the Pokemon in my Poison mono. Lol. It's actually my all purple Pokemon team.

Why?: Great HP, Great Attack, Great Special Defense, Access to Poison touch + Poison Jab for a 60% chance to poison, Shadow Sneak for priority to compensate for it's low speed AND 30% chance to poison with Poison touch. Assault Vest Muk can survive Stab Psychics! And Muk probably one me that local tournament.

Welcome (again? I'm not sure :O ). Muk is pretty dang cool, I agree. And Gen I does have some AWESOME Poison-types. Don't forget Tentacruel!

Congratulations on showing up those sniveling Dragon Type users, and proving what type is superior to their 'legendary blah, blah, blahs'

What are you talking about?

Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2016
    xP I know a lot of dragon type fans to be fair. That's an interesting move-set though. I personally prefer running Muk as a physical attacker because it's base attack is 105 compared to it's special attack at 65, but if you keep up muk's def with acid armor then you could set up with acid spray. My experience with using pure poison type teams is that they need to switch out a lot in order to counter a threat. So muk has worked better for me without set-ups and just using an Assault Vest.

I almost forgot Tentacruel. Well. I'm just not as big a fan. I use Muk in place of Tentacruel because Muk is a better attacker :x

I actually looked at it and Gen 1 introduced the most poison type Pokemon and Poison type Pokemon had the largest distribution of Pokemon by type with 22% of the Pokemon being part Poison. Fun facts :o

Wicked3DS

Years
  • Time for another Pokémon of the Week. For this week we have...

Spoiler:

Venonat!

FireRed Pokédex: Its eyes act as radar, enabling it to be active in darkness. The eyes can also shoot powerful beams.

Supposedly the beams refer to Signal Beam, so that's pretty interesting. I like Venonat, and moreso Venomoth, it becomes a good Special Attacker that can learn good moves including Sleep Powder.

Wicked3DS

Years
  • Venonat wants you to show it some love.

Or it will put you to sleep and instruct Jigglypuff to draw on your face.

I personally think it's pretty cute and has a pretty unique design. I also find the Butterfree evolution theory to be intriguing as well.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
    Years
  • Venonat is alright. Even though I rarely used it, its evolved form makes me reconsider using it. And Venonat itself is already cute looking for a poison Pokémon, ahaha.

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    It's purple, it's cute and it's fluffy. Who wouldn't love Venonat? :D Definitely one of my more favourite poison-types for the above reasons. Theoretically, you could argue that 'omg venonat is terrifying because of its unsettling eyes or the vampire fangs' but it really adds a nice balance to the whole cute factor. If Gamefreak went all sunshine and rainbows with the design, I probably wouldn't of liked it as much as I do now. I mean cute monsters > cute fluffy insects any day. :D Well technically, Venonat is both. But whatever.

I also find the Butterfree evolution theory to be intriguing as well.

Yep, agreed. I didn't really get what Gamefreak was doing, Venonat -> Butterfree would of been a perfect evolution. But maybe they were messing with speculation, seeing as they have done it regularly in all generations of pokemon. i.e in gen 5, the knight bug goes to accelgor instead of escaviler. :P

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I agree that Venonat has a pair of scary-looking eyes, but it definitely is cute! I suppose this is what they were aiming for when designing this Pokémon--since it's poison (which, in real world, could be dangerous as such things have ability to kill), it's meant to be a little freaky, but it still has some adorableness considering that it's also semi-baby.

Venonat being the pre-evolution of Butterfree does make sense! It's got same, exact eyes, and also share the same color-scheme.

Mapleseruhp

Author Maple
    Years
  • Name: Mapleseruhp (duh u shuld no this!)

Pick two Poison-type Partner Pokémon:

Reason(s) for liking Poison-types: I think that most poison types are bootyfull even tho they are sometimes not as cute as others and I love spiders and spiders are poisonous so I like spiders. I like spiders because they are cool and they can make web and stuff but so can I ° ͜ʖ ͡ -. Uh I like sp00ky things but ghost type Pokemon aren't really my thing aannd I like spiders.

Answer to current topic:

I dont like nidorina because she dont got enough b00ty and I think she does not deserve poison because she is not very poisonee.

TL;DR: she dont got no b00ty

Wicked3DS

Years
  • Name: Mapleseruhp (duh u shuld no this!)

Pick two Poison-type Partner Pokémon:

Reason(s) for liking Poison-types: I think that most poison types are bootyfull even tho they are sometimes not as cute as others and I love spiders and spiders are poisonous so I like spiders. I like spiders because they are cool and they can make web and stuff but so can I ° ͜ʖ ͡ -. Uh I like sp00ky things but ghost type Pokemon aren't really my thing aannd I like spiders.

Answer to current topic:

I dont like nidorina because she dont got enough b00ty and I think she does not deserve poison because she is not very poisonee.

TL;DR: she dont got no b00ty

Welcome! Well you're at the right time for spooky :P What partner Pokémon do you want? Spiders are pretty cool I suppose, though I guess if you want them you should like Bug-types too :P

PumpJack

Gentleman Thug
    Years
  • If you could create a Poison-type Pokémon, what would it be based on?

Napalm

Name:
    Sulfyre
    Type: Fire/Poison
    It's appearance would kind of a mix between Muk and Shellos. Primary orange colouring, with deep purple stripes. And on fire.

Wouldn't mind joining, incidentally- a lot of my favourite 'mons are Poison, and my very first was Bulbasaur way back in Blue.

As for a partner, I'll go with Venomoth. I've always found it fairly creepy ad I love it.

Finally got around to sketching it out, along with a Poison/Fairy type that I came up with.

Like to get your opinions on 'em.

Wicked3DS

Years
  • That Arachnita is utterly genius. I love it.

It definitely LOOKS Game Freak material, if it didn't look so much like nightmare fuel for children. XD

You can't exactly say that the stuff in the anime before wasn't. Some of those scenes with the ghosts were pretty spooky.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back