• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

★ Toxic to the Touch ★ Poison Type Fan Club

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I've had Skuntank on one of my teams before in Pokémon Platinum version (second run, if I remember correctly), and it wasn't so bad; for in-game, it had made quite a good team-member. Though, when it comes to competitive and whatnot, I don't believe this Pokémon is able to get very far, considering its limited amount of stats and the number of attacks it has available in its move-pool.

I hope Skuntank winds up getting some mega-evolution form in future, if they're able to give it one; hopefully, this will help raising its usage and overall popularity!

Years
  • I really love the Stunky line, because a skunk was something I always wanted to see become a Pokemon and then come 4th Gen my wish was granted.

The issue was, I was never able to easily obtain one since the only game it was found in at the time (Diamond), was one my brother was playing and he usually makes his things off-limits to me so I mainly had to hoard the game when he retired from Pokemon and traded over a Stunky for myself, and I had fun with it. I kinda love how cool the Poison/Dark typing is, since it only has a single weakness to Ground.

Competitive-wise it's not as good as you think, according to Peitharchia. Most of this is due to mediocre stats and a not-so-good movepool, although it does have some interesting stuff like Explosion and Flamethrower.

I kinda admit it's one of the most underrated 4th Gen Pokemon, especially for something based on an animal that waited very long to have a Pokemon design come from it. I still find it one of the most interesting Pokemon I used in a main playthrough.

Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2016
    I really love the Stunky line, because a skunk was something I always wanted to see become a Pokemon and then come 4th Gen my wish was granted.

The issue was, I was never able to easily obtain one since the only game it was found in at the time (Diamond), was one my brother was playing and he usually makes his things off-limits to me so I mainly had to hoard the game when he retired from Pokemon and traded over a Stunky for myself, and I had fun with it. I kinda love how cool the Poison/Dark typing is, since it only has a single weakness to Ground.

Competitive-wise it's not as good as you think, according to Peitharchia. Most of this is due to mediocre stats and a not-so-good movepool, although it does have some interesting stuff like Explosion and Flamethrower.

I kinda admit it's one of the most underrated 4th Gen Pokemon, especially for something based on an animal that waited very long to have a Pokemon design come from it. I still find it one of the most interesting Pokemon I used in a main playthrough.

Skuntank is really good for a mono-poison team; being one of two fully-evolved poison Pokemon that resist Psychic and being the only one of those two to get Sucker Punch and Pursuit. Too bad Skuntank only gets Sucker Punch in 4th gen. I'm like dying to get my hands on one since it also gets defog and can make great fodder with high hp, priority sucker punch, and aftermath.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Speaking of Sucker Punch and whatnot, one of the greatest user of this move, I believe to be, is Toxicroak. Although its defenses are sort of low, its offensive stats still seem to make up for the lack, which is great! Plus, it's also got access to stats-boosting moves such as Swords Dance, and if it's able to utilize that at least once, it would have chance to take opponent down on its own single-handedly.

I've used this Pokémon plenty of times before, and it has never seemed to have failed me; love it! Toxicroak could especially helpful on rain-dance teams; thanks to its Dry Skin ability, this allows it to recover a portion of its overall health on every turn while it's raining, causing it to sort of negate any damage opponents deal. Plus, if it's also holding either Leftovers or Black Sludge, it gets to heal even further.

As for its design, it's pretty unique, if you ask me! It's slim and fast-looking, which, I believe, seems to match its combating-style quite well. In terms of appearance, I'd say they have done a fantastic job!

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
    Years
  • I'm doing a bit of a special thing with Pokémon of the Week with the release of OR/AS being this week and next week. So for this week we have:

Spoiler:

Seviper!

Sapphire Pokédex: Seviper's swordlike tail serves two purposes - it slashes foes and douses them with secreted poison. This Pokémon will not give up its long-running blood feud with Zangoose.

I haven't used a Seviper before, but I think I'm going to this time around since it has grown on me over the past year or so. I liked how in X/Y you could run into hordes of Zangoose with one Seviper and they would instantly just attack the Seviper before they would hit you. I thought that was a very cool way to demonstrate the feud.

MurkMire

[font=special elite][color=#FF3399]Toxic Terror[/c
    Years
  • I'm doing a bit of a special thing with Pokémon of the Week with the release of OR/AS being this week and next week. So for this week we have:

Spoiler:

Seviper!

Sapphire Pokédex: Seviper's swordlike tail serves two purposes - it slashes foes and douses them with secreted poison. This Pokémon will not give up its long-running blood feud with Zangoose.

I haven't used a Seviper before, but I think I'm going to this time around since it has grown on me over the past year or so. I liked how in X/Y you could run into hordes of Zangoose with one Seviper and they would instantly just attack the Seviper before they would hit you. I thought that was a very cool way to demonstrate the feud.

Seviper... Oh, Seviper.... one of my most favorite Pokemon of all time! <3 Seviper was the first Pokemon that showed me how amazing Poison-types can be. It had such a big impact on me, because of all aspects of Seviper. From it's origin, to it's design, to even it's former signature move, Poison Tail. Of course, Poison Tail is one of my favorite moves of all as well.

I love everything about Seviper, and wish it had a Mega Form for ORAS. Would've made much more sense than... Beedrill and Pidgeot. :T

Wicked3DS

Years
  • Seviper... Oh, Seviper.... one of my most favorite Pokemon of all time! <3 Seviper was the first Pokemon that showed me how amazing Poison-types can be. It had such a big impact on me, because of all aspects of Seviper. From it's origin, to it's design, to even it's former signature move, Poison Tail. Of course, Poison Tail is one of my favorite moves of all as well.

I love everything about Seviper, and wish it had a Mega Form for ORAS. Would've made much more sense than... Beedrill and Pidgeot. :T

When I posted this my first thought was "How long will it take Murkmire to show up?"

Don't be too worried yet, they did say there's seven (I think) unrevealed Megas that we'll find, so maybe you'll get your wish.

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    Seviper?

It's pretty good overall! I can't say that I like snakes myself since 'hsssss' and 'insert scary noises here' but I guess Seviper in itself isn't too bad. The design's great and shows off its real life form very well but I'm not a person who loves dark colour schemes. Call it nitpicking but it's one of the few aspects that I don't actually like about it. :(

Its signature move is certainly an interesting one! I think it's pretty cool that it gets its own move so yeah. <3 Name could certainly be better but I'm not gonna complain since the move itself hits like a truck.

Origin-wise, I think they were pretty clever creating the snakes vs mongoose rivalry with Zangoose! I prefer its counterpart much more but I still love different bits and pieces of Seviper whether its the personality of James's in the anime or how unique it seems. So it's a pretty good mon overall and earns my approval! A mega form would be nice but I think some other poison types are more deserving at the moment.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Seviper isn't a bad Pokémon at all; I quite like it!

What I find to be most interesting about this Pokémon is its rivalry between Zangoose; they're sort of like cats and dogs of their world, growing an uneasy connection as soon as they're given birth. I wonder, though; for cats and dogs, there are reasons as to why they don't always seem to be fond of each other, but what could possibly be their purpose?

In terms of design, I feel Seviper looks rather unique. It's meant to be a viper, and it does seem as such. Plus, majority of its body color is dark purple, which I believe suits it pretty well due to its typing and whatnot. Way it was decorated with stripes and dots is cool, too! If I were to design a Pokémon like, I couldn't have done any better; have major respect for them. However, I'm kind of disappointed by its overall stats and whatnot. Had they been a little more high, I'm sure it would have been much easier to utilize when it comes to battling.

Nakala Pri

Just 'cause his stats aren't hitting the roof, doesn't mean he isn't a power house. 8D Trust me, I was using my Blaziken against a Serviper that was five levels younger then me and he used Poison Jab and I was left standing with about 7 HP. :O I was pretty amazed.

I hope my Blazikens stats don't suck. XD

Since my team is a bit muddled up, I might start a new one after I defeat the Elite Four and get a Roserade! :D Whatcha think?

Wicked3DS

Years
  • Use a Seviper :P

Anyway, it's time for quite a funny Pokémon to be featured...

Spoiler:

Kakuna!

Ruby/Sapphire/ORAS Pokédex: Kakuna remains virtually immobile as it clings to a tree. However, on the inside, it is extremely busy as it prepares for its coming evolution. This is evident from how hot the shell becomes to the touch.

Kakuna should be a Fire-type.

I just remember Kakuna being creepy in the anime because of, well, the picture I posted. Then they suddenly are alerted and turn into Beedrill and attack everyone. I don't have much else to say, and this probably won't be up for too long, but it came up on the randomizer, so we'll go with it.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I don't believe I have much things to say about Kakuna, other than that it does play a good counterpart to Metapod. Its design seems to be rather simplistic and straightforward; it's meant to be a cocoon, and it does sort of look like one! Good thing that it's able to learn moves and whatnot such as Harden, so that it could protect itself from foes and not get disturbed during its evolution.

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    So Kakuna huh? It's really just a filler pokemon with not much depth about it. The concept is realistic enough with the cocoon letting Weedle turn into Beedrill and its design is pretty good for the idea its based off of. Otherwise its not really a pokemon I've ever looked closer at since the only thing it can do is either 'harden' or 'tackle'. These in itself make sense for reasons listed above so I guess I can understand the choice for a limited moveset. One thing I didn't realise was that it was bug/poison like Weedle. Since it turned inanimate and its counterpart was purely bug, I assumed it only had one typing. But the more you know. XD

As for the whole Kakuna family itself, I find them slightly better than their counterparts! The only one that could be argued would be Beedrill vs Butterfree but the whole family has great designs and can easily be related to real life. I'll admit that I hate bees but otherwise they're pretty simple and nice pokemon to have around. :)

Also does anyone else find Kakuna's original sprite unsettling? Because well...

... yeahhhh.

Wicked3DS

Years
  • So Kakuna huh? It's really just a filler pokemon with not much depth about it. The concept is realistic enough with the cocoon letting Weedle turn into Beedrill and its design is pretty good for the idea its based off of. Otherwise its not really a pokemon I've ever looked closer at since the only thing it can do is either 'harden' or 'tackle'. These in itself make sense for reasons listed above so I guess I can understand the choice for a limited moveset. One thing I didn't realise was that it was bug/poison like Weedle. Since it turned inanimate and its counterpart was purely bug, I assumed it only had one typing. But the more you know. XD

As for the whole Kakuna family itself, I find them slightly better than their counterparts! The only one that could be argued would be Beedrill vs Butterfree but the whole family has great designs and can easily be related to real life. I'll admit that I hate bees but otherwise they're pretty simple and nice pokemon to have around. :)

Also does anyone else find Kakuna's original sprite unsettling? Because well...

... yeahhhh.

I'm assuming you're referring to a cocoon having claws? Because that's pretty odd and it is pretty scary looking.

Filler would be right, and Ashley was pretty spot on about not having much to say. Still, I think it's the best and most vicious designed cocoon Pokémon we've got.

Astraea

The Storm of Friendship
    Years
  • I would like to join the club
    Username: IndianCharizard#
    Partner poison pokemon : Venusaur and Nidoking

Which poison pokemon is your favourite and why
    My most favourite poison type pokemon in venusaur because it also adds a. Grass type factor into the game and the fact that it can't be poisoned makes it more powerful and its design is so great and its looks pretty cool too. And being a grass type it also counters the big weakness of ground type moves for any poison type.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Welcome to the club, Indian! It's nice to see you joining!

Yeah, Venusaur is actually quite a unique Pokémon; I'm a fan of it as well. It's one of our starters of Kanto, which is the first region a good portion of us had ever visited, making Venusaur (and its colleague, Charizard and Blastoise) rather memorable. It still would have been unique if it weren't for this, though; Venusaur is sort of one-of-a-kind.

It looks pretty cool in terms of design, if you ask me; it's a frog-dinosaur hybrid. When it comes to battling, it's able to perform pretty nicely as well, especially in sunny-day teams and whatnot. I have used it a couple of times in the past, and it has always managed to impress. I'm glad that they have decided to give this Pokémon a mega-evolution, as it helps it become even more good.

Astraea

The Storm of Friendship
    Years
  • Welcome to the club, Indian! It's nice to see you joining!

Yeah, Venusaur is actually quite a unique Pokémon; I'm a fan of it as well. It's one of our starters of Kanto, which is the first region a good portion of us had ever visited, making Venusaur (and its colleague, Charizard and Blastoise) rather memorable. It still would have been unique if it weren't for this, though; Venusaur is sort of one-of-a-kind.

It looks pretty cool in terms of design, if you ask me; it's a frog-dinosaur hybrid. When it comes to battling, it's able to perform pretty nicely as well, especially in sunny-day teams and whatnot. I have used it a couple of times in the past, and it has always managed to impress. I'm glad that they have decided to give this Pokémon a mega-evolution, as it helps it become even more good.

Thanks Ashley and yeah it deserved a mega evolution cause its very powerful in sunny day and that way the most powerful move solar beam suits the best on it, its also bulky against ice and fire which are originally main weaknesses of grasses types.

Wicked3DS

Years
  • I would like to join the club
    Username: IndianCharizard#
    Partner poison pokemon : Venusaur and Nidoking

Which poison pokemon is your favourite and why
    My most favourite poison type pokemon in venusaur because it also adds a. Grass type factor into the game and the fact that it can't be poisoned makes it more powerful and its design is so great and its looks pretty cool too. And being a grass type it also counters the big weakness of ground type moves for any poison type.

Welcome! Can't blame ya for Venusaur, it's pretty good overall and is one of my favorite starters. Never thought about it looking like a frog before, but that's a good observation.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    What reminds me of frogs when I see this Pokémon is its typing. It's partially poison-type, and since poison does relate to animals such as frogs, snake, and so forth, it seemed to have done the trick for me. Though, there aren't much posion-type Pokémon out there aside from perhaps the Venusaur line, so I believe it would be nice if they were to introduce some more at some point in future, if possible.

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    I always supported the idea of Venusaur being somewhat related to a jurassic creature. Taking a closer look at its design after the theory of it being a frog though, (hello venuleap) I can say that I'd agree. But really, its original art makes it look more like a hippo than anything. Rather lazy and tired eyes, huge mouth, general body structure. I guess it could be some sort of tropical hybrid?

So I guess if I were to choose a side, I'd say it's some sort of weird but amazingly designed hybrid. <3 I'll just assume that the inner frog of it is poisonous or the leafs on top of its back are to support the additional poison type.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back