• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

★ Toxic to the Touch ★ Poison Type Fan Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

CoffeeDrink

GET WHILE THE GETTIN'S GOOD
    Years
    That's pretty disturbing, regardless of whether its a gas or not. Also could you imagine Ghastly trying to envelop Groundon? Seems unrealistic to me. :(

Gastly is 1.3 metres in size. Groudon is 3.5 metres. Meaning that Gastly doesn't need to envelope your feet (i.e. your entire body) to kill you, very much like carbon monoxide kills you through your nose. Also, I hate Groudon so there's that. Gengar and his family will always be better in my opinion. Also, I have no idea how there was even a rivalry between Kyogre and Groudon to begin with; Kyogre's effective typing coupled with it's superior Special Attack and Groudon's poor Special Defence has always made this a no contest for me. What were we talking about? Oh yes, Poison Gas.

So I have to ask you guys, what poison dex entries do you find most disturbing/scary?

Golbat sure takes the cake with it's entries:

Pokemon Red/Blue: Once it strikes, it will not stop draining energy from the victim even if it gets too heavy to fly.

Pokemon Yellow: It attacks in a stealthy manner, without warning. Its sharp fangs are used to bite and suck blood.

Pokemon Stadium: Bites its prey and feeds on the victim's energy. Its own blood type changes to that of its victim. (what?)

Pokemon Gold: However hard its victim's hide may be, it punctures with sharp fangs and gorges itself with blood. (Kevlar cannot save you)

Pokemon Silver: It can drink more than 10 ounces of blood at once. If it has too much, it gets heavy and flies clumsily.

Pokemon Ruby: Golbat loves to drink the blood of living things. It is particularly active in the pitch black of night. This Pokémon flits around in the night skies, seeking fresh blood.

Pokemon Sapphire: Golbat bites down on prey with its four fangs and drinks the victim's blood. It becomes active on inky dark moonless nights, flying around to attack people and Pokémon.

Pokemon Black/White 2: Flitting around in the dead of night, it sinks its fangs into its prey and drains a nearly fatal amount of blood.

and let's not forget:

That's okay, I wasn't planning on sleeping anytime soon anyway.

Last edited:
    Years
    Name: UltraBlueChespin
    Pick two Poison-type Partner Pokémon: Gulpin and Amoongus
    Reason(s) for liking Poison-types: I remember a long time ago, when I was just starting to really get into Pokemon, I would participate in online battles on Pokemon HeartGold (I was really terrible). I remember the frustration I felt when someone poisoned my Pokemon, or put it to sleep, or paralyzed it. Now I have learned to use those powers to my advantage, to make my friends yell out in frustration when their best move fails because of paralysis, or poison finishes off their team core.
    Answer to current topic: Which inanimate object would you turn into a poison-type Pokemon?
    A PEN!
    Yep.
    A pen.
    Poisons with ink.
    So amazing.

CoffeeDrink

Years
    I remember a long time ago, when I was just starting to really get into Pokemon, I would participate in Pokemon battles. I remember the frustration I felt when someone poisoned my Pokemon, put them to sleep, or paralyzed them. Now I have learned to use those powers to my advantage. To make my friends and foes cry out in frustration when their best moves fail because of paralysis, or poison finishes off their team.

And now you have the introduction for your Poison type gym leader down, which Pokemon are you going to utilize? Also, Tyrantrum can learn Poison Fang. Much happy.

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
    Years
    Gastly is 1.3 metres in size. Groudon is 3.5 metres. Meaning that Gastly doesn't need to envelope your feet (i.e. your entire body) to kill you, very much like carbon monoxide kills you through your nose. Also, I hate Groudon so there's that. Gengar and his family will always be better in my opinion. Also, I have no idea how there was even a rivalry between Kyogre and Groudon to begin with; Kyogre's effective typing coupled with it's superior Special Attack and Groudon's poor Special Defence has always made this a no contest for me. What were we talking about? Oh yes, Poison Gas.

Golbat sure takes the cake with it's entries:

Pokemon Red/Blue: Once it strikes, it will not stop draining energy from the victim even if it gets too heavy to fly.

Pokemon Yellow: It attacks in a stealthy manner, without warning. Its sharp fangs are used to bite and suck blood.

Pokemon Stadium: Bites its prey and feeds on the victim's energy. Its own blood type changes to that of its victim. (what?)

Pokemon Gold: However hard its victim's hide may be, it punctures with sharp fangs and gorges itself with blood. (Kevlar cannot save you)

Pokemon Silver: It can drink more than 10 ounces of blood at once. If it has too much, it gets heavy and flies clumsily.

Pokemon Ruby: Golbat loves to drink the blood of living things. It is particularly active in the pitch black of night. This Pokémon flits around in the night skies, seeking fresh blood.

Pokemon Sapphire: Golbat bites down on prey with its four fangs and drinks the victim's blood. It becomes active on inky dark moonless nights, flying around to attack people and Pokémon.

Pokemon Black/White 2: Flitting around in the dead of night, it sinks its fangs into its prey and drains a nearly fatal amount of blood.

and let's not forget:

That's okay, I wasn't planning on sleeping anytime soon anyway.

I am always fascinated by Pokédex entries. I never thought I'd find so many gruesome ones until a while ago.

Name: UltraBlueChespin
    Pick two Poison-type Partner Pokémon: Gulpin and Amoongus
    Reason(s) for liking Poison-types: I remember a long time ago, when I was just starting to really get into Pokemon, I would participate in online battles on Pokemon HeartGold (I was really terrible). I remember the frustration I felt when someone poisoned my Pokemon, or put it to sleep, or paralyzed it. Now I have learned to use those powers to my advantage, to make my friends yell out in frustration when their best move fails because of paralysis, or poison finishes off their team core.
    Answer to current topic: Which inanimate object would you turn into a poison-type Pokemon?
    A PEN!
    Yep.
    A pen.
    Poisons with ink.
    So amazing.

Welcome! A pen, eh? I like that actually. As far as inanimates go, it's very creative. And I know exactly what you mean with the status conditions. Koga knows as well.

Years
    And now you have the introduction for your Poison type gym leader down, which Pokemon are you going to utilize? Also, Tyrantrum can learn Poison Fang. Much happy.

Haha, I just realized it sounded like something a gym leader would say. As for other poison-types I like, Crobat is one of my favorites, too. It's a Pokemon I've used ever since I got my first Pokemon game that I haven't misplaced, and he's a somewhat unexpected Pokemon. I think he should have a bit more recognition- Crobat has a great speed stat, especially for a Pokemon you can get so easily in most of the games. Zubats can be found in so many caves that I'm surprised more people don't use Crobat.

DyingWillFlareon

Burning Candle
    Years
    Haha, I just realized it sounded like something a gym leader would say. As for other poison-types I like, Crobat is one of my favorites, too. It's a Pokemon I've used ever since I got my first Pokemon game that I haven't misplaced, and he's a somewhat unexpected Pokemon. I think he should have a bit more recognition- Crobat has a great speed stat, especially for a Pokemon you can get so easily in most of the games. Zubats can be found in so many caves that I'm surprised more people don't use Crobat.

Oh hi I liek Zubatz.

So I just realized Haunter's Stadium entry states:
    "If you trip and fall for no apparent reason or hear a sound when no one is around, it may be a Haunter."
    That actually sounds more playful than evil... As does Gengar's Sapphire Dex.....

A pen I would use it. ._.
    "Go, Poispen!!"
    /random clicking sounds/
    "Poison Jab!!"

CoffeeDrink

Years
    I always seem to encounter shiny Zubats, and I've seen one every generation since the Shiny Pokemon were first on the scene, but I wish it wasn't green. I don't know why, but the green is just too ugly.

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    At least it's something! I wouldn't mind getting a Shiny Zubat every gen. Crobat isn't much better though - bright pink and green, ugh. :(

A pen pokemon could work but it'd receive a lot of backlash to say the least. Inanimate objects have never been nearly as popular since Gamefreak tends to use common objects like food or keys. I think people liked the Honedge family since a possessed sword was somewhat cool but when it came to Vanilite and Trubbish, both were arguably the most hated pokemon of their gen. And if people reacted badly to a cute ice cream, I'd hate to see them witness a pen pokemon. Not fun for either of them. ;v;

DyingWillFlareon

Burning Candle
    Years
    I managed to get a shiny Zubat in the hack game Dark Energy because of the increased shiny rate...... But only have a Wingull in Sapphire and a NidoranF in Gold....... I have bad luck. ;-; (not counting hack games only main games)

I don't understand the hate for Trubbish. When I saw it in the anime I thought it was so cute, and I have a card of Trubbish and Garboder who have helped me beat my siblings multiple times, but yet people seem to hate it. ;-;

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    Most people I've asked argue for what it is and don't look at any other aspect. It's a garbage bag and frankly, garbage bags aren't exactly the coolest thing to use as pokemon. :(

I think it gets too much hate as well but honestly, younger fans wouldn't like the idea at all. They want those cool dragons they see on TV, not something their mums take out to the trash. Trubbish is definitely cute but I guess people can't look past that. Doesn't help that its evolution has ooze and rubbish all over it, haha. Even Muk's not popular, probably. It's just how those sort of pokemon are.

Also ahh Nidoran F! I'd love to see a shiny one. <3

Wicked3DS

Years
    Good Lord last time I looked we were on dooght's Gym Leader speech.

Yeah, the inanimate backlash is definitely real, but I still like the pen idea, it's really clever. Ice cream...I don't like it. No wait I do in real life hang on.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I don't believe I've ever had any shiny Zubat, sadly. I wish I did!

I'm a fan of Zubat family in general, though. Although Zubat and Golbat could be run into in most dark places--caves and tunnels, for example--and their encounter rate is sort of high, making them seem slightly annoying and whatnot, I still like their final evolution form, which would be Crobat.

Crobat's design looks to be very slick, which does suit the Pokémon pretty well. Its stats might not be too great in comparison to some other Pokémon out there, unfortunately, which is currently causing Crobat to be... slightly underutilized when it comes to battling, but hopefully, this will all be fixed at some point in future once it gains a mega-evolution form (as it will then gain boosts, making the Pokémon less difficult to use, and more straightforward).

CoffeeDrink

Years
    I don't believe I've ever had any shiny Zubat, sadly. I wish I did!

I'm a fan of Zubat family in general, though. Although Zubat and Golbat could be run into in most dark places--caves and tunnels, for example--and their encounter rate is sort of high, making them seem slightly annoying and whatnot, I still like their final evolution form, which would be Crobat.

Crobat's design looks to be very slick, which does suit the Pokémon pretty well. Its stats might not be too great in comparison to some other Pokémon out there, unfortunately, which is currently causing Crobat to be... slightly underutilized when it comes to battling, but hopefully, this will all be fixed at some point in future once it gains a mega-evolution form (as it will then gain boosts, making the Pokémon less difficult to use, and more straightforward).

Crobat is actually the fastest Poison type currently on the market, and thanks to a move tutor in ORAS it can once again learn Superfang, which is the reason why Joey's Rattata is in the top 10% of all Rattatas. Crobat's ability to let off several status moves before the opponent is crucial to my play style when I utilize him. Confuse Ray and Poison are by far the most frustrating things to deal with. I have mine roll out with Acrobatics, Cross Poison, Confuse Ray and Crunch(?). It's done me justice so far. Give it a shot.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Crobat does seem to have a decent set of Speed stat, yeah. As far as move-set goes, that sounds like a nice combination! I'll make sure to give it a shot at some point (hopefully, I don't wind up forgetting).

Currently, on mine, I have Brave Bird, Hypnosis, U-Turn, and Cross Poison, with its EV-spread focusing more on physical side (Attack and Speed). With Hypnosis, I'm able to make my opponent fall asleep, and wreak some major havoc with Brave Bird. If opposing Pokémon are unaffected by it, there's always Cross Poison. When going up against psychic-types, which Crobat is super-effective against, it could easy take them down with U-Turn.

At the moment, however, I don't have it on my team. Though, I still it inside on of my special PC boxes in Y version for online use.

Wicked3DS

Years
    Crunch is sadly unavailable on Crobat. It would be ridiculously good if it had it. I guess X-scissor makes up for it if you want the same power, but U-turn is better for a hit and run strategy, which makes it a really good lead. I had to put the breaks on using Crobat, I've used it in pretty much every main series game so far, but to be fair, it is one of my top 5 favorites.

CoffeeDrink

Years
    Okay, so it was Bite then. Not too big of a difference. Also, I bred a bunch of of Tyrunts that know both Poison Fang and Dragon Dance if someone's interested. Also, I'm breeding Bellsprouts. . . and just found out I forgot to breed Synthesis. Great. Why isn't there a Poison Punch move yet? That should have been Croagunk's signature move that could later be breed onto other species! Also, another move could have been Knockout Punch, a Fighting type move with the chance of putting Pokemon to sleep a nice way to round out the 'punch' status moves.

Stupid fact: Arbok can't learn Poison Fang without breeding.

Been thinking of rolling a Poison/Fire team out the door.

Modest Ninetales: Will 'o Wisp | Hex | Flame Thrower/Confuse Ray| Energy Ball

Adamant Rapidash: Flame Charge | Poison Jab | Mega Horn | Stomp

Modest Weezing: Dark Pulse | Sludge Bomb | Psybeam | Pain Split

Adamant Arbok: Coil | Glare |Poison Fang | Ice Fang/Fire Fang

I have two other spots that need filling, and am either looking at Tentacruel for setting up toxic Spikes, Typhlosion or something else. Looking for some input, but so far I think I'm just content to po-dunk around with these and not worry about winning so much as to cause frustration. Acid Spray Muk or Victreebel might find a place as a modified Solaris would set up all the Fire moves nicely without too many repercussions. I'm not looking for Multi-Role Jets here, fighters and bombers will suit my purposes nicely. If I'm looking to build a Double Battle team, I'd have to make adjustments to include Sludge Wave and Heat Wave into my set.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    If it were me, I would likely go with Tentacruel. It could be played with bulk, if we wish (even though it's a little too tough, considering that its defensive stats are slightly low in comparison to some other Pokémon out there), but not only that, alongside, it's also able to set up Toxic Spikes (as you know) as well as use Rapid Spin, if I'm not mistaken. Also, I believe Poison Punch would actually be a rather nice attack, if they are to introduce it at some point in future! Perhaps it could have some chance of poisoning opponent along the side, or having opponent acquainted with some other status effect?

DyingWillFlareon

Burning Candle
    Years
    Poison Jab sounds sorta like Poison Punch. Although I've never had a main team member with it so I have no idea what it's effects are. 3XD

As for the team: I'm no competitive battler so I have no idea what to say nature or move wise, but Skuntank or Drapion could be worth it, no?...... A good Fire Type might be Magcargo.
    .... Yeah I dunno either I just like Magcargo. XD

Wicked3DS

Years
    Let's get another Pokémon up here shall we?

Spoiler:

Arbok!

Emerald Pokédex: This Pokémon has a terrifically strong constricting power. It can even flatten steel oil drums. Once it wraps its body around its foe, escaping is impossible.

Flattening steel oil drums is pretty darn powerful. Arbok has always been a favorite of mine even though it's not extremely powerful. It gets some decent moves including Earthquake and Rock Slide so it can make a good lower tier attacker.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back