• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

★The Water Park★ [Water-Type Fan Club]

Pokemon of the Week for the week of: July 2, 2012

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
  • Welcome to all new members! <3 You're just in time for the fun, actually! I'm about to add another riddle for you all to guess and answer! I think this next one will be fairly easy to guess, haha.

Buuut right now here's last weekend's answer: Marrill! Marrill was one of the first Pokemon besides Togepi to debut before the start of the 2nd Generation (think Pikachu's Vacation? oh i want to see that again lol).

Next riddle will be posted after I post this! Meanwhile, new topic!

What don't you like about water-types? Why?

miltankRancher said:
    Worst Water-Type?

Well, Magikarp undoubtedly for me, but for fully evolved, Wailord.
    I didn't realize Wailord was the worst water-type. xD Is there a specific reason why it's the worst in your opinion?

Mockingjay said:
    Favorite Water-Type Gym Leader/your favorite of their Pokemon: Wallace, hands down. I loved his Milotic. I was so jealous. =w=
    I wasn't a fan of the 3rd Gen. Anime, but I will agree with you there! :D It'd be amazing to train a Milotic for battle, it's so friggin majestic. <3

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
    Years
  • Wailord, for me, really don't do much other Water-types can't do. Slowbro/king is far more promising.

What I don't like about Water types? Let's see...

Tentacools, maybe? They are so freaking annoying in an open sea route.

Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2012
    Name: JennieLynn
    Your Partner Pokemon (Choose up to 2): Starmie and Ampharos
    Why do you like Water-Types? They have lots of cute pokemon =3
    Admission Fee Paid: One PokeDollar.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jul 11, 2022

Honestly? Nothing. like, legit. I love everything there is to love about Water-types. LEGIT. I love their looks, typings, their abilities, moves, everything!

Cid

Years
  • Welcome everyone. :D

Worst Water-Type?

Well, Magikarp undoubtedly for me, but for fully evolved, Wailord.
    I have to disagree with you. Wailord's awesome!

Wailord, for me, really don't do much other Water-types can't do. Slowbro/king is far more promising.
    But...but! Sure its defenses need work but still. It's a freakin' blimp. The lord of the seas. What's not to like?

Welcome to all new members! <3 You're just in time for the fun, actually! I'm about to add another riddle for you all to guess and answer! I think this next one will be fairly easy to guess, haha.

Buuut right now here's last weekend's answer: Marrill! Marrill was one of the first Pokemon besides Togepi to debut before the start of the 2nd Generation (think Pikachu's Vacation? oh i want to see that again lol).

Hooray, another riddle! Already sent you my answer the moment I saw it. :D It actually makes me motivated to go check the thread from time to time, haha. Also, it's nice I got last weekend's riddle correct.

Pikachu's Vacation reference~ I haven't seen that short for quite awhile. Man, I really miss watching the Pikachu shorts.

Speed being their lowest average base stat. I like fast Pokémon, honestly, and it's depressing that it's commonly a low stat for them. Aqua Jet may sort of alleviate that a bit but I also like power for my STAB attacks most of the time so. Yeah.

Anyway there really isn't a lot to hate about these critters.
    After all, Water-types are naturally awesome. ;D

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • Riddles are one reason to bring this club active and close. ;3 I'm glad y'all are having fun! ^_^

The one thing I don't like about water-types is the weakness against grass. I know it's understandable that grass drinks water, but it just sounds silly. xD That's just the only thing I don't like about it.

Name: JennieLynn
    Your Partner Pokemon (Choose up to 2): Starmie and Ampharos
    Why do you like Water-Types? They have lots of cute pokemon =3
    Admission Fee Paid: One PokeDollar.

Hi there! Um, just so you know....this is a group for water-type Pokemon, so you can't choose Ampharos since it's electric. xD I'll admit you to the club with just Starmie since you already paid your fee xD, and let me know via Visitor Message if you choose another water-type Pokemon! :3

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
    Years
  • Oh, dang me and my inactivity lately. D: Time to catch up on some topics! :D

In the games, there are four HM moves available in all or most of the games: Surf, Waterfall, Whirlpool, and Dive. Which one of these moves do you find powerful during battle?

I'm not that big on moves or even battling in general, though from my experiences, Surf was the only Water type HM I ever ended up using in battle. It had decent Power and Accuracy, it had a great animation, and it was one of the most important moves in the whole game. I remember it being such a help in a lot of my battles, so that's definitely the one I choose.

Your favorite water-type move? Why is it your favorite?

Hmm, this one is rather hard. I definitely have great memories with Surf, as it's been such a help in battle, but I can't really choose between that, and Hydro Pump and Muddy Water.
    I like Hydro Pump because of its sheer power. It has always been an almost instant kill everytime when used against a typing weak to water, and the animation isn't too shabby either, though it was a very limited move, that wasn't exactly easily accessible (at least not in the way I played the games xD), so I didn't get to use it much. Same thing can be said about Muddy Water, since I don't actually remember ever using it myself, but I loved the concept of it, and how the animation was exactly like Surf, but with a colour swap.

In the end I'd probably have to go with Surf once more, as my experiences with it is not easily replaced with even the strongest and most accurate of Water moves.

Worst Water-Type?

Uhh, this one is kinda given, even though I love it. Magikarp is easily the weakest Water type Pokémon, but then again. Weak =/= Worst, which makes it hard to determine what makes a Pokémon the worst, so I'm just gonna go with the Pokémon I like the least.

Huntail! It's without doubt one of the most repulsive Pokémon I've seen (no offence to any Huntail loves :<), and I just can't get over it. I may be exaggerating a bit because of the difference between Gorebyss and Huntail, but I've just never liked it at all, and i don't feel like I ever will. :(

Favorite Water-Type Gym Leader?

Aww, these are those kind of topics I have such a hard time answering, because the ones I like the best, I always like equally.

In this case I'd probably have to go with Misty, just because she's one of the originals. I remember having a really hard time beating her when I was younger, before I learned that Grass was super effective against Rock, so I always chose Squirtle as my starter and rushed through everything, thus usually being underleveled whenever I reached Misty. And to make it even worse, the only places where I could catch Pokémon after entering Cerulean didn't have any Pokémon that could really pose of any help in the battles, nor did they give that much exp. So I was usually stuck for a while at that point.

I also liked Misty a lot in the anime, and really miss her. Now I don't actually want her back, I'm just a huge sucker for nostalgia, and I just find those first seasons so great, even though I love the new ones.

Which of the gym leader's Pokemon do you like best?

Starmie. It was always the biggest threat whenever I faced her, and unless I had a proper team prepared, it could take years just to take it down. Of course if you were the least bit good at Pokémon, she wouldn't really be so hard, but my feeble, young 6 year old mind had no sense of how to raise a team in the game, and the only sense I really had of strong or weak were that I was weak, and that the gym leaders were strong.

Favorite water-type starter?

Mudkipmudkipmudkipmudkipmudkupmudkipmudkip.

So yeah, Mudkip. I just liek literally everything about Mudkip. Its desig is one of my favourite of all starters out there, I absolutely love the memes its anime version generated, even though they may be old and boring by now. I especially love its evolutions' very unique typing, that gives you a huge advantage over one of the most hated things whenever I'm using Water types, which of course is Electric type Pokémon. It's a one of a kind, and probably one of the most well known Pokémon out there :p

Favorite Water-Type Legendary?

I was just about to say Lugia, untill I realised the super annoying fact that THE GUARDIAN OF THE SEA ISN'T EVEN A WATER TYPE POKÉMON JKHSDlfhSFHJFHDJL. WHICH SUCKS GREATLY! :<

But on the topic, my favourite would probably be Suicune. I love its unique and beautiful design, and how majestic they made it look compared to the other legendary dogs. I also like how they gave it more of a story in the anime, and how it seemed much more rare than Raikou and Entei in the anime. There is also the fact that it was the first of the legendary dogs I ever saw and caught in my Silver version, so I may be just a little tiny bit biased, but nothing of note xD

There isn't anything that I don't like about Water type Pokémon. They are simply the most perfect and the most awesome Pokémon out there in the entire Pokémon world, and nothing would ever move me from that standpoint. PERIOD!

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • Tomorrow's Thursday, and I'll put up a new poll for the new Pokemon of the Week. :D Just so you all know!

Wow, some of you guys guessed Mantine and Mantyke for the current riddle, but the answer is actually Gyarados! Gyarados is both water & flying, but it does not have wings. Sorry if I threw some of you off on that. lmao

Now, referring to a post above (I think it was Olli's, idk) I wanted to start a brief discussion about a certain legendary that can learn water-type moves, but isn't considered as a water-type officially. As a classic fan myself, I always thought Lugia was part water, but it's actually Psychic and Flying. But it can swim underwater, form whirlpools, LIVE UNDERWATER, etc.

Fellow, water park visitors, do you think Lugia should be part-water type based on the amount of water-type moves it can learn? Explain.

Olli

Years
  • Do you think Lugia should be part-water type based on the amount of water-type moves it can learn? Explain.

Yeah, this was a really stupid decision in my opinion. Back when Gold and Silver were in the rage, I went a really long time thinking that Lugia was a Water type, because I didn't really look much at the typings for some reason, and hey. It could learn a multitude of Water type moves, so why would it not be. This belief was further strengthened after I watched the second Pokémon movie, where Lugia was living underwater, appeared in a giant whirlpool, used a ton of Water type moves, and was even given the title Guardian of the Sea, so there was no saying I was confused.

So, this went on for a long time, and still to this day, every time I have to comment on something involving Lugia's typing, I always have to take a brief moment of remembering what its actually typing is, and I usually get it wrong either way xD It's also a bit emberassing, since Lugia is actually my favourite legendary, and if I don't even know its typing... Pssssh.

Anyways, to the actual topic xD
    I really want Lugia to be a Water type, just because of all the hints that have been given to it actually being a Water type, and because of that damned title, but at the same time I don't want it to lose its Flying or Psychic type either, as they are also part of what makes Lugia. The only solution to this problem would be TRIPLE TYPINGS! Just think of all the possibilities that could be possible with triple typings. Yeah, it may be a bit cluttered and awkward in a majority of the situations, but it doesn't have to be on that many Pokémon either, rather than just on the Pokémon that are in dire need of it, just like Lugia. I understand why it would never be implemented into the games, but it's still a nice thought :D

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • New polls is up for the next Pokemon of the Week! Choose between three water Pokemon: Starmie, Vaporeon, or Psyduck! Poll will close on Sunday :D

aaand new riddle is up on the first post as well. :D You also have until Sunday to send me your answers via PM. :3

Personally, I'd get rid of the Psychic type from Lugia and make it as another water-flying type. Lugia learns less Psychic moves, and learns more water and flying type moves, so there's no reason for it be classified as a psychic type.

Sector

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Ohio
    • Seen Oct 10, 2016

Personally, I'd get rid of the Psychic type from Lugia and make it as another water-flying type. Lugia learns less Psychic moves, and learns more water and flying type moves, so there's no reason for it be classified as a psychic type.

But you would be giving it a 4x weakness to Electric types and it wouldn't be as good as it is now. :( I mean I understand the fit to give Lugia the same situation has having a 4x weakness like Ho-Oh to rock, but I've always seen Lugia as Psychic personally. His coloring just stands out for it. If we were to have a 3 type water combination, Lugia would for certain be a Water type then.

I still don't understand why Bibarel is a water type itself

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jul 11, 2022
    I feel Lugia should be Water/Flying. It lives in the VERY bottom of the sea, it controls the freaking current, and it's even known as the King of the Sea. Psychic type doesn't really match it too much. People may argue because it has telepathy, but so does Lucario and Shaymin. The first of which isn't even legendary! Yes, it will gain a 4x weakness, but with the MASS of bulk it has, I doubt it'd hurt it too much.

As for the poll: My vote goes to Starmie! c:

Olli

Years
  • But you would be giving it a 4x weakness to Electric types and it wouldn't be as good as it is now. :( I mean I understand the fit to give Lugia the same situation has having a 4x weakness like Ho-Oh to rock, but I've always seen Lugia as Psychic personally. His coloring just stands out for it. If we were to have a 3 type water combination, Lugia would for certain be a Water type then.

I still don't understand why Bibarel is a water type itself

Bibarel is based on a beaver, beavers practically live in water. I don't see what's wrong with the Water typing.

Also, yeah, the change of typing would weaken it a lot, but no one said that it had to be the Psychic typing that was changed, even though it would be the most efficient one, fitting with Lugia's concept and all.

Last edited:

Mentalii

Back
    Years
  • I'd love to see Vaporeon as the Pokémon of the week. I don't really like Starmie nor Psyduck, while I'm a fan of the eeveelutions.

Do you think Lugia should be part-water type based on the amount of water-type moves it can learn? Explain.

Completely. And not only because of the water-type moves it can learn... It's the master of the sea guys ! In its legendary duo with Ho-Oh, which is a fire/flying Pokémon, it would be more logical if it was water/flying... It doesn't look like a psychic type at all, I don't understand why they choose this type for it. I personnally always consider it's a water-type.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • Sorry for the lack of updates! D:

Our new Pokemon of the week is Vaporeon! Great choice guys! Vaporeon is definitely one of my favorite Eeveelutions out there, and I use it all the time when I play RBY and FR/LG :3 And not to mention, we have a Vaporeon as a member here. :D

And for those of you that sent me your answers for this riddle: Clamperl is the answer! :) I think this one was quite hard, since I know some of you weren't familiar with the third generation. Clamperl requires either a DeepSeaScale or DeepSeaTooth to evolve into either a Huntail or Gorebyss.

I'll post another riddle sometime this week. :D

ALSO GUYS. THIS CLUB IS NOW CLUB OF THE MONTH. OMG I AM SO HAPPY. :DDDD LET'S CELEBRAAAAATE! <3

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2023
    Do you think Lugia should be part-water type based on the amount of water-type moves it can learn? Explain.

Are you telling me that Lugia isn't actually a WATER-TYPE?!?! My entire life is a LIE!

I actually..didn't know this. Boy, I feel stupid.

This makes no sense, hahaha. Why wouldn't they make the Guardian of the Sea a water-type? I always thought Lugia was a water-type. Then again, I never played the Gen II games...and I don't pay too much attention to Lugia.

Anyway, it's not like they can suddenly change Lugia's type. I think they should have made it Flying/Water, though.. -.-

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jul 11, 2022

ALSO GUYS. THIS CLUB IS NOW CLUB OF THE MONTH. OMG I AM SO HAPPY. :DDDD LET'S CELEBRAAAAATE! <3

-dances like a Broseph-
    YAAAAAAYYYYYY. <33333

Of course, we are such a hardcore, boss mode, epic club, why wouldn't we? B]
    And get that riddle up! I've been falling behind in them so badly it's pathetic. DX

As for the POW, yay! I voted for Starmie, but Vaporeon is awesome too. I love me some Pokemon with huge HP, which Vaporeon has PLENTY of, which makes it an amazing Wish+Baton Passer. Not to mention it's pretty darn decent Special Attack to work with Surf, Scald, Ice Beam, hidden Power, etc etc.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • New riddle has been posted! :3

Are you telling me that Lugia isn't actually a WATER-TYPE?!?! My entire life is a LIE!

I actually..didn't know this. Boy, I feel stupid.

This makes no sense, hahaha. Why wouldn't they make the Guardian of the Sea a water-type? I always thought Lugia was a water-type. Then again, I never played the Gen II games...and I don't pay too much attention to Lugia.

Anyway, it's not like they can suddenly change Lugia's type. I think they should have made it Flying/Water, though.. -.-

I know how you feel, Mockingjay...I was the same way when I read the stats while I was playing Silver. When I caught it, it had both Whirlpool and Hydro Pump as water type attacks, as well as its signature move Aeroblast and HM Fly.

Sector

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Ohio
    • Seen Oct 10, 2016
    We have seen a new blood(aka Club) risen, and has become a very successful and popular one. As an inaugural winner, I'd like to congratulate the Water Park, Meganium90 on such wonderful work, and every member involved with the club on such great achievement. Keep it up guys! No other club deserved the award than this one right now!

Still on the Lugia topic huh?

Anyone, has anyone actually noticed that the surprised evolutions occurred mainly for Water type Pokemon? I'm probably wrong but, Feebas to Milotic and Magikarp to Gyarados?

Also I'm not sure if this has been brought up, but how do those feel about Gyarados and Mantine being a Flying type also, which aren't purely flying type itself at all? Since they normally just swim.

Relicanth. I personally think he should be a fossilized Pokemon, even if Hoenn already had two (He'd be more like Aerodactyl pretty much.)

I was meaning to post these separately from time to time, but I've been inactive as you can see. Also, we needed a new topic/discussion to fire up! I mean, Water DOWN!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back