• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

➤ leave this blue neighbourhood ]]

Charlie Brown

[font=lato]coolcoolcool[/font]
    Years
    Hellooooo. Ask me questions please I have no friends </3

My name's Josh! I'm 19 and from Melbourne, Australia. I've just wrapped up my second year of my Bachelor of Arts, majoring in Politics & International Studies and English & Theatre Studies, and I'm also taking a Diploma of Languages in Spanish.

When I'm not studying or working I like reading, writing, drawing and tennis. I have very frequent and huge obsessions :P I'm really into music too. I recently picked up guitar though I'm overseas atm and haven't played for about a month :(( My favourite artists are Taylor Swift (<3), Ed Sheeran, Muse, Sam Smith, The Vamps, 5 Seconds of Summer, Florence + The Machine, and Fall Out Boy.

I don't have a pet kangaroo.

Years
    Figured I'd be the first one to do some asking!

What made you want to pursue learning to speak Spanish?

In terms of musical taste we are very heavily opposed (I think of all the artists you've mentioned, Muse is the only one I didn't find annoying) since you tend to like major chart hits but I tend to have a distaste for those kinds of songs, whereas I prefer quality and well-written lyrics and vocals that are tolerable. So here's where my question comes in, what factors do you consider in a song to make it an instant favorite?

Charlie Brown

Years
    Figured I'd be the first one to do some asking!

What made you want to pursue learning to speak Spanish?

When I moved schools in high school and took up the IB (International Baccalaureate), one of the requirements was that we had to take a second language, and since the only second language I had was Indonesian and I was pretty rusty, and Spanish was the only one offered for beginners, I decided to take Spanish. I've loved it ever since then - the language and the culture!

In terms of musical taste we are very heavily opposed (I think of all the artists you've mentioned, Muse is the only one I didn't find annoying) since you tend to like major chart hits but I tend to have a distaste for those kinds of songs, whereas I prefer quality and well-written lyrics and vocals that are tolerable. So here's where my question comes in, what factors do you consider in a song to make it an instant favorite?

Wow omg did you just completely diss my music taste x__x #rekt

➤ leave this blue neighbourhood ]]

I like songs that I can sing along to, songs that have good lyrics and songs with a good beat. My favourites do extend well beyond what I wrote in my post and I do listen to heaps of different types of music too. And generally, songs that I really like make me feel something or make me all tingly or have me looking at the sky whispering "omg this song/this band/this singer is amazing". And just because I like pop music doesn't mean the music I like is lacking in quality and has poorly written lyrics... not ranting at you but I don't understand why more people don't see people's musical tastes as a subjective thing and why so many people try to impose their "superior" music tastes on others.

But anyway, tl;dr, similar things to you except we have different tastes. :P

Years
    Different taste is what makes you unique after all.

Okay, the next question is about a singer you really love, Taylor Swift. Which of her albums released so far was the best one in your opinion?

What was your fave song off Taylor Swift's fifth studio album, 1989?

What do you think were the most interesting music videos of this year and why?

Also, if you were forced to use a different name here what would you choose?

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
    Years
    I only have 2 which is sad :(
    But thats onky because hikari took a lot of them lol
    What songs do u like by Ed Sheeran?
    Do u have a favorite book?
    Edit: i guess i could ask this too...
    Do u age a fav genre in books?
    Do u watch a lot of movies?

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jul 11, 2022
    The hated: What's your favorite color? If you could paint an area of your house that color, what section would that be?

Years
    You don't have a kangaroo? All the cool kids have a kangaroo.

Have you ever travelled to Spain? Do you intend to in the future?

Your choices of subject area to study seem interesting, what prompted you to look into politics and theatre? Do you see possible careers in either?

I quite like Muse and Fallout Boy myself, are there any particular songs or albums you like from them? What about those you dislike?

You say you like a lot of music, but what artists are you less fond of?

Charlie Brown

Years
    oops

Different taste is what makes you unique after all.

Okay, the next question is about a singer you really love, Taylor Swift. Which of her albums released so far was the best one in your opinion?

Speak Now. It's such a beautiful album. I love the themes and the songs and jkashdfkjsahdf everything <3

What was your fave song off Taylor Swift's fifth studio album, 1989?

Probably Blank Space or New Romantics. I've really been digging Clean lately though.

What do you think were the most interesting music videos of this year and why?

I'm not too sure about most interesting but my favourites were the video for Blank Space (because jkashdfkjashdf how can you not like it) and Don't Stop by 5 Seconds of Summer, just because it's a pretty funny video and I like the theme. Cool costumes too 8)

Also, if you were forced to use a different name here what would you choose?

Probably some Pokemon name because those often look cool italicised haha. Or Spectrum, I like that name. Or Joshy, because the account is super old and has no posts so hmmmmm maybe next time name changes are open...

I only have 2 which is sad :(
    :(

But thats onky because hikari took a lot of them lol
    What songs do u like by Ed Sheeran?
    My favourites are probably This, Kiss Me, You Need Me, I Don't Need You, Thinking Out Loud and Shirtsleeves.

Do u have a favorite book?

Hmmmm my favourite book is probably 1984 by George Orwell.

Edit: i guess i could ask this too...
    Do u age a fav genre in books?
    Not really. I read a lot of different genres. YA fantasy/sci-fi has always been something I've been into, and I've had to read a lot of classics for uni as well, and recently I've gotten into crime fiction and thrillers.

Do u watch a lot of movies?

Not a lot... it's embarrassing the amount of movies I haven't seen, that everyone else has seen.

The hated: What's your favorite color? If you could paint an area of your house that color, what section would that be?

My favourite colour is orange! not bright orange. But soft. Like the sunset.

Ummmmmm orange will clash with everything in our house so probably just a wall in my room haha :P

You don't have a kangaroo? All the cool kids have a kangaroo.

wow rude

Have you ever travelled to Spain? Do you intend to in the future?

Not yet unfortunately. I definitely do plan on travelling to Spain (and other places in Europe) sometime soon though! Would be amazing to practice my Spanish and eat Spanish food and experience the culture and aaaa

Your choices of subject area to study seem interesting, what prompted you to look into politics and theatre? Do you see possible careers in either?

I chose Politics as one of my majors because it's a common major and something employers might like (lol) and because I find politics to be interesting. I wouldn't consider a career in the field though. I chose Literature as a major because I love reading, and why not study what you love?

I quite like Muse and Fallout Boy myself, are there any particular songs or albums you like from them? What about those you dislike?

My favourite Muse songs are Butterflies & Hurricanes and Invincible. I'm not sure about my favourite FOB song but I've been really into Young Volcanoes recently. I'm going to ignore the dislike question because let's focus on positivity ;)

You say you like a lot of music, but what artists are you less fond of?

Eh the main artist I'm not a fan of is Pitbull. Pretty standard answer but eh.

ANARCHit3cht

Call me Archie!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 25, 2020
    Hola Josh. Como estas? Hablo espanol tambien, pero solomente un poco. Es muy malo porque tengo el clase de espanol hace cuatro anos. te gustaria hablar conmigo en espansol? Tengo que practicar.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
    Mind if you could make a list of your frequent and huge obsessions? What made you get obsessed with them in the first place?

Charlie Brown

Years
    Hola Josh. Como estas? Hablo espanol tambien, pero solomente un poco. Es muy malo porque tengo el clase de espanol hace cuatro anos. te gustaria hablar conmigo en espansol? Tengo que practicar.

Hola! Estoy bien, ¿y tú? Si, me gusta español pero no he hablado en español por tres meses... :((( ¡Yo también tengo que practicar!

Mind if you could make a list of your frequent and huge obsessions? What made you get obsessed with them in the first place?

I'm not sure why I get obsessed with random things (maybe obsessed is too strong a word) haha it just happens I guess! Sometimes boredom or procrastination :P Like last June instead of studying for exams I ended up spending aaaages on Youtube listening to old 5 Seconds of Summer covers haha. Apart from music, I was really obsessed with the idea of learning guitar late last year and ended up buying a guitar and started teaching myself, but then I went overseas for the summer and since I've come back I haven't touched my guitar (I say, sitting about a metre away from my guitar). :( I also get super into things like The Voice and X Factor and I don't understand how other people don't get obsessed with these things too ;)

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    what are things you write about? tell us a bit about what you like to write or your favourite genres or etc?

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
    if you don't have a kangaroo you must have a koala... right?

+1 with the unoriginal favourite song, but from The Vamps - Studio originals as well as covers included!
    Haven't kept up with them since Can We Dance came out xD

Also are you a person who likes artists just for their songs or do you like the artists / band members themselves too?

Charlie Brown

Years
    Do you plan on living in Australia long-term?

Yep. Lived here my whole life and can't see myself living anywhere else tbh. I want to travel to heaps of places but Australia will always be home.

what are things you write about? tell us a bit about what you like to write or your favourite genres or etc?

I haven't written anything in aaaages. When I wrote more regularly, it was sci-fi/YA dystopian stuff but that hasn't interested me as much lately. I've been working for a student-run uni blog this year so most of my writing has been uni-related blog posts tbh

Why'd you choose the username Charlie Brown?

I can't remember. I wanted something different to what I was using elsewhere, and it's a cool name so I just chose it. More to do with the Coldplay song than with Peanuts to be completely honest lol.

What is your favorite Taylor Swift song~?

You Belong With Me! Probably the song that got me started into listening to more of Taylor Swift's music, and I love the music video too aaa so cuteeee

if you don't have a kangaroo you must have a koala... right?

He ran away. :(

+1 with the unoriginal favourite song, but from The Vamps - Studio originals as well as covers included!
    Haven't kept up with them since Can We Dance came out xD

Wait is this a question about my fave song from The Vamps? Ummmm this is hard... lately I've been loving their version of Jason Derulo's 'Trumpets', mainly because of their energy and how happy they are in the performance haha.

From their album, 'Somebody To You' is probably my fave <3

Also are you a person who likes artists just for their songs or do you like the artists / band members themselves too?

A lot of the time I like the artists and band members as people too, beyond their music. I feel like it's gotten a lot easier to connect (or at least feel like you can connect hahaha) with artists with social media, especially those artists who share a lot about their personal lives and are really open or close to their fans. And then there are artists who just do the sweetest or funniest things (eg Ed Sheeran) so I love them for that too.

So in short, yes! haha

Winter

[color=#bae5fc][font="Georgia"]KAMISATO ART: SOUME
    Years
    What is your favourite and least favourite FaTM track?

On a scale from 1 to 10, how much are you anticipating the upcoming FaTM album?

Name me an act that you have yet to see live and really want to before you die.

Drayton

Chilled Dude of The Elite Four
    Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    What's your favorite food?
    and least favorite?

Charlie Brown

Years
    What is your favourite and least favourite FaTM track?

My favourite is probably 'Never Let Me Go'. aksjdfhaskjdfh that chorus is just so goooood, and I love her voice in it. A close second would be 'Spectrum'.

I'm not sure about least favourite; tbh there are quite a few Florence songs I haven't listened to heaps, and I don't think I have strong enough negative feelings for any of them to have a least favourite.

On a scale from 1 to 10, how much are you anticipating the upcoming FaTM album?

tbh at this stage only like a 6 >__> I haven't listened to FatM a lot in the last year or so tbh, and I haven't even listened to 'What Kind of Man' much either. I've been caught up in the hype surrounding other artists and haven't been able to get hyped up about Florence at this stage. Hopefully that changes, but I think in general my music taste is changing as well asdf

Name me an act that you have yet to see live and really want to before you die.

Probably Muse. They came here in 2013 but I didn't get tickets because I was going overseas at the same time :( Hoping they'll be back here next year!

What's your favorite food?

Potatoes! haha. They're so versatile (mashed potato? scalloped potato? potato salad? hash browns? potato smoothie? baked potatos? etc etc)

and least favorite?

Probably okra/lady's fingers. We make it into a curry sort of thing here and I'm just really not a fan of its texture :(

Back