• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Showcase] アタシポンコツアンドロイド。。。

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
  • WHATS UP

i've been de-stressing from school by stressing out over making sigs?
    smudge_tool_by_synchromanica-d9cnlpd.png

^oversaturated and the lighting needs work, but still adding it because I like the colors in places individually

dream_time_by_synchromanica-d9fkr1l.png

^looks a bit flat but I like it

stargazer_by_synchromanica-d9fgpy6.png

^liquifyyy

myystogan

[cimg=width:30px;"]https://i.imgur.com/gbudGz1.png
    Years
  • stargazer_by_synchromanica-d9fgpy6.png

This is amazing. I'd actually say it's your best work, since the placement is great, the color scheme you decided on is tasteful, and it gives off a unique sense of flow. You blended in the render with the background effects exceptionally well, too; the piece as a whole looks very cohesive and it definitely really impresses me.

But even though I singled that tag out in particular, you have a bunch of other gems here too. First off, your smudge work is really notable. You seem to always experiment with it, and the results are incredible. The smudge tool is a difficult one to work with, to say the least, so the fact that you've been able to utilize it so well speaks to your ability.
    The only nitpick I have (not smudge-related) is that some of your tags are a bit too bright. For example:
    60FUJxx.png

(and the two Madoka tags on top of that one)
    Faces of anime characters can get very white very easily, so I'd suggest using a Curves layer or negative brightness in a Brightness/Contrast adjustment to darken things a bit whenever that happens. You preserve some face details that way, and the subjects don't come out looking like ghosts, haha. Or at least paler than they were before.
    (Otherwise, I'm a huge fan of that tag. It proves that you have a good sense of text placement, and the effects here are super interesting.)

As for your icons, it's pretty clear that you have a go-to style for them, which is good. The pale, soft look that the majority of your icons have is great. Though if you do want to experiment more, maybe try out a more vibrant, bold coloring effect? Or maybe something dramatic, with enhanced lights and shadows?
    Those are just suggestions though. With icons, the look to achieve is definitely completely up to the creator's preferences (moreso when compared to tags), so continuing with the style you have currently doesn't hurt at all.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • This is amazing. I'd actually say it's your best work, since the placement is great, the color scheme you decided on is tasteful, and it gives off a unique sense of flow. You blended in the render with the background effects exceptionally well, too; the piece as a whole looks very cohesive and it definitely really impresses me.

But even though I singled that tag out in particular, you have a bunch of other gems here too. First off, your smudge work is really notable. You seem to always experiment with it, and the results are incredible. The smudge tool is a difficult one to work with, to say the least, so the fact that you've been able to utilize it so well speaks to your ability.
    thank you very much! I'm really proud of the one you quoted here so i'm really happy someone else likes it just as much as I do :D I don't really have a style yet so I guess I'm gonna keep trying to work until I have one haha.

The only nitpick I have (not smudge-related) is that some of your tags are a bit too bright. For example:

Faces of anime characters can get very white very easily, so I'd suggest using a Curves layer or negative brightness in a Brightness/Contrast adjustment to darken things a bit whenever that happens. You preserve some face details that way, and the subjects don't come out looking like ghosts, haha. Or at least paler than they were before.
    (Otherwise, I'm a huge fan of that tag. It proves that you have a good sense of text placement, and the effects here are super interesting.)

As for your icons, it's pretty clear that you have a go-to style for them, which is good. The pale, soft look that the majority of your icons have is great. Though if you do want to experiment more, maybe try out a more vibrant, bold coloring effect? Or maybe something dramatic, with enhanced lights and shadows?
    Those are just suggestions though. With icons, the look to achieve is definitely completely up to the creator's preferences (moreso when compared to tags), so continuing with the style you have currently doesn't hurt at all.

you found my weakness!! i always brighten everything way too much. i'm working on that for my next couple of tags, and I'll keep in mind your tips for icons, though I don't really make them that often (only really when I want a new avatar haha) I will try and go for something new! thanks!

The Natsu is my favorite :3

new:
    complication_by_synchromanica-d9g17y4.png

Years

• I really love this new one. Last time I looked at this gallery you had a collection of avatars in the first post, but nice to see you're now going to even bigger stuff now. I really love your banners, the lighting and shading is really beautiful.

xFataLx

Dreaming oV a Dead Sun
    Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2018
    i really like your work. here's a few suggestions that might be worth looking into. Try putting some effects over your renders/focal points to help blend them in with the background and also i see some of your work are either too bright or too dark. mess with brightness and contrast/curves and work with only one lighting source rather than two. it helps bring out flow and is just easier to work with. just my two cents.

OriginRoute

The Omnipotent Origin
    Years
  • I'm still finding my jaw from where I dropped it after looking at the main post. :P

Anyway, I like the tags! Your smudging skills left me speechless.
    I wish I could do something like that. '^'

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    Oh, I'm loving these. You choose some great colour palettes, and the backgrounds match the anime pictures incredibly well. I also love how busy you can make the background without taking attention away from the foreground.

myystogan

[cimg=width:30px;"]https://i.imgur.com/gbudGz1.png
    Years
  • First off, I'm astonished at how frequently you've been updating. Idk if it's just a phase or something, but really, kudos to you. Your productivity rate is pretty incredible right now in terms of graphic-making, haha. Would love to see you keep that up and get to the place where you want to be <:

Anyways, I like how you've seemingly been experimenting with darkness/shadows (like [here] and [here]). It's a nice switch from the bright stuff you usually do.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • thanks myystogan :)
    also posting because I have drawings now.. I mean I had them before but now I can put them here

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

liquify tags:
    TKItH9a.png

hmptzQi.png

OriginRoute

The Omnipotent Origin
    Years
  • Now, actual abstract canvases too. Looks nice and colorful.

From the point where I left my previous post, I started smudging. Failed miserably though. I couldn't get the right smoothness value of my brush. You make it as if it was easy as cake! Nice job there.

Now let's make the comments more constructive.

For the Yahari Ore-thing Tag, I think the colors didn't blend well. I understand though since red and blue are counter-matching colors.
    For the tag above that one, it sure blended nicely but the render itself has some ragged edges around the hair.

I like the first two tags from below my previous post, the second one being my favorite out of them. Again, great job. :)

JustJeff

Striving for Rank #1
    Years
  • Its bin about 15 months since I last posted on this gallery. I'm quite astonished as well. Seeing an artist continuing their work for that always brings me joy. Especially one that you are quite a fan of. And w/ the recent updates, I really love the hand-drawn images. Just letting your mind loose and drawing whatever you want, all chaos, no control, amazing! But on the other hand, I do however would love too see more style from you. Not saying the self tagged 'liquify' pieces are bad, but seeing them all the time gets pretty repetitive. I was surprised with the drawn 1's appeared, and hey, they look pretty cool.
    That's pretty much sums up my opinion about the gallery and of course, may you keep making more!

Back