• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

News: Starter Pokémon, Legendaries, Region, Release Date for Sun and Moon Revealed!

Inky

:pleading_face:
Years
  • Age 25
  • he / him
  • Seen Apr 30, 2024
Rowlet is cool, not a fan of the other two though.

Oblox

Pokemon Breeder
Years
  • Age 42
  • UK
  • Seen Jul 9, 2021
Interesting, lets hope they are a bit more interesting than some other starters out there and have nice HA's!

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
Have to say I'm pleasantly surprised by these starters. Not what I was expecting at all but I like all three of them on first impressions.

Gee I thought I'd be going for the grass owl (and probably will) but Litten and Popplio do look really cool too. Looks like my choice could end up being a tight one. We'll see I guess. Rowlet is so cute though and I love the head turning animation.

Those legendaries look cool too, and the region! Hurrah, information! :D

Last edited:

Sirenita55

Team Popplio!
Years
  • Seen Aug 9, 2018
Need some time to digest these! My initial choice would be Popplio, favourite type, cute and silly :D

Sirfetch’d

I love them! If I had to pick right now though, Litten would be my starter :3

blue

gucci
Years
Litten is by far my favourite of the three and I'll definitely be choosing it as my starter! The other two are okay I guess, hopefully their evolutions will be better.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Aug 20, 2017
So hyped for it and then I saw the video. The starters look terrible and oh look another fire cat/dog thing we haven't had that before. Then the legendaries revealed, the dreamcatcher idea is cool but oh look another fire dog/cat thing we haven't had that before yet again.

Years
So, I might have been late but I'll post my reactions on each. After analysing all those fake leaks, I did come to the conclusion the real designs would be different to what those "Fakemon" suggested but still followed the same theory.

Rowlet: So there's our Grass-type owl, and it's our first starter to be dual-typed in the first stage since Bulbasaur. Definitely the cute one out of the trio that I could see being popular with female players. At least we now have a bird starter for each type, even if it is very different from Torchic and Piplup

Litten: That black body and sinister face definitely suggests it'll evolve into a Dark-type, and I wouldn't mind a new Dark/Fire because we haven't had one since Houndour's evolution line. But also, it's got stripes so that means it's pretty much the Tiger in the Chinese Zodiac theme.

Pupplio: A Water-type starter with a clown nose? I know someone thinks that Oshawott also looked like a clown, and I do admit it seems to continue a common trend of "derpy" Water-type starters, like Mudkip, Piplup, Oshawott and Froakie before it. Probably expecting a Water/Ice final evolution.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Rowlet said:
Its visual abilities are impressive. The darkness of night is no obstacle to Rowlet! It can twist its neck nearly 180° from front to back so it can see directly behind itself. It has a habit of turning its head in battle to face its Trainer and receive instructions.

The move Leafage attacks an opponent by striking it with leaves. Rowlet knows this move from the moment it becomes your partner!

Litten said:
Litten can attack with flaming hairballs! Its fur is rich in oils and immensely flammable. Litten grooms itself by licking its fur, and then uses the collected fur as fuel for fireball attacks!

When the time comes for Litten to shed its old fur, it all burns up in a glorious blaze.

The move Ember attacks an opponent by firing a small flame at it. Litten knows this move from the moment it becomes your partner!

Popplio said:
Popplio can snort out balloons made of water! Watch it spin water balloons into a playful battle strategy!

Both frivolous and hard-working, Popplio can easily get carried away—unleashing enough power in battle to make quite a spectacle! But Popplio's determined spirit means it can usually be found practicing hard on its balloon skills.

The Water Gun move attacks an opponent by firing a jet of water. Popplio knows this move from the moment it becomes your partner!

All three sound freakin adorable!

Years
November 18th for the release date? I was expecting the 21st again but it did come close to the "November 21st" theory I had been analysing.

The protagonist designs actually look good, with the female looking like another cutie. The question I have is why does the Moon legendary remind me of Yveltal?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
CiGESeoWkAELRuk.png

My mind is made. Give me the smol owl already.
Omg art.

I'm not feeling the other starters, and although I usually start with Fire-types this time I just can't. There's a beautiful Grass-Owl waiting for me.
November 18th for the release date? I was expecting the 21st again but it did come close to the "November 21st" theory I had been analysing.

The protagonist designs actually look good, with the female looking like another cutie. The question I have is why does the Moon legendary remind me of Yveltal?

I'm calling it now, the Moon legendary is Dark/Fairy. It's way scarier than Yveltal. It's making me reconsider getting Moon ;_;

Z25

Team Player
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 27, 2023
The starters are really cute! I like them! They also fit the statement of making things simpler design wise.

Rowlett is definitely awesome and I'll probably choose it, but the other two ae great as well!

Back