• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

News: Starter Pokémon, Legendaries, Region, Release Date for Sun and Moon Revealed!

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    Does anyone else think the moon legendary looks kinda cool? It's like some demon moon bat skeleton thing.

As for the starters I'm still processing them a bit. I feel like if they were in different generations I could see both Rowlet AND Popplio being my first pick. This is going to be tough.

My pick will probably be Rowlet though.

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
    Years
  • Most of the time the fire starter is my clear favorite, but damn... these are all adorable. <3

I'm actually surprised by the amount of stuff they revealed. So much, it's amazing. I'm really hyped right now.

Sirenita55

Team Popplio!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2018
    Definitely decided now, I will be choosing the adorable Popplio for sure <3
    W7bKP4C.png

Tox

fight me
    Years
  • Rowlet is cute. I feel like the starters in general are too safe though. I wish they wouldn't stick to the same trend all the time.

Also, anyone else think that Litten is very Animal Crossing?
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 25, 2016
    I loved all the starters because they're very different from other starters we've had until now and they've got my hyped to see what they evolve into! ^_^ I always pick fire-types first because they're my favorite and Litten was just super adorable!!! <3 But man it is the first time I have seen a grass-type that out-cutes the rest of them. The little grass owl design is simple but just... AAAAAWWWWW. <3
    I liked the Legendaries too, thought they also looked like Legendaries we haven't seen before again and can't wait to see 'em in action! :D (Even though I too immediately thought Pyroar at first for the sun one, but it is still an ultimate awesome-looking legendary)
    And the theme for the region is awesome. That Hawaiian feel. Loving it so, sooo much. And customization is back!!! WOOHOO! Man, I am so overhyped for when it comes ouuuuut!!!

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • I'll be jumping on the Owl train here! (Unless if the seal gets a nice evo).

Phew, sooner than expected.

Btw, all these multiple news threads are beginning to bug me... don't we have a single news dedicated thread?

Mewtwolover

Mewtwo worshiper
    Years
  • Once again fire starter is the best one, Litten is the only one who potential to get even near the epicness of the Fennekin line. Rowlet and Pupplio are meh tier.

The games will be released on November 18th, 2016 in the US and Japan, and on November 23rd in Europe.
    Wonder why Nintendo still can't release the games simultaneously worldwide. Luckily the delay is "only" 5 days which is at least small step to better, ORAS was released in Europe a week later than anywhere else.

Sirenita55

Team Popplio!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2018
    Also, how can you not like Pupplio's animation?

tumblr_o6yo62eYng1rns048o6_400.gif

It looks like it's full of pride, similar to Piplup in the anime.
    Ommigosh yes!!! <3 <3 Anything similar to Piplup is good enough for me! Definitely get an Oshawott vibe from the little Sea Lion's appearance as well ;) I can imagine it having a similar personality to Oshawott in the anime.

Years
  • Once again fire starter is the best one, Litten is the only one who potential to get even near the epicness of the Fennekin line. Rowlet and Pupplio are meh tier.

Wonder why Nintendo still can't release the games simultaneously worldwide. Luckily the delay is "only" 5 days which is at least small step to better, ORAS was released in Europe a week later than anywhere else.

Europe is getting the games later than everyone else again, and I kinda had a feeling Game Freak would pull an OR/AS again and make Europe wait later than the other regions. I do recall my home country of Australia got OR/AS at the same date that Japan and the US did, so hopefully that will be the case or I'll be disappointed if I have to wait for the 23rd and be swamped by spoilers.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023

Damnit Australia, please don't class yourself as Europe for this. BE INDEPENDENT. Be released early... :( But nope we're probably going to come under the Europe branding. I don't know why they aren't releasing it simultaneously but whatever as long as it's under a week it's bearable.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    dear god please let this mean that trainer customization is back

Character models look pretty good, better than in X/Y/ORAS.

None of the starters really grab me though, but we'll see how things go

What I'm wondering though is why Europe gets it about a week later than NA and Japan? I get that that's the standard Nintendo operating procedure, "don't be nice to the Europeans", but like....c'mon, just do simultaneous international releases guys =(

The question I have is why does the Moon legendary remind me of Yveltal?
    Probably the pose it has on the boxart being similar to Yveltal's, it shooting a death ray like Yveltal does, and it likely being Dark or part Dark.

Charlie Brown

[font=lato]coolcoolcool[/font]
    Years
  • dear god please let this mean that trainer customization is back

Well it's definitely back for skin colours at the very least.

Some random thoughts:
    - Rowlet is adorable omfg. Too cute. Popplio and Litten are really cool as well. Really loving this bunch of starters!
    - The video launch was intense! My internet was a mess and I had to write the barebones of the article just based on scanning the video :P But when I saw the videos, so cool! Love the feel of the Japanese video
    - The region looks beautiful! The region map looks quite diverse as well which is exciting. Loving the feel of the region so far.
    - The legendaries omfgggg I want. They look so powerful and badass!

Years
  • Damnit Australia, please don't class yourself as Europe for this. BE INDEPENDENT. Be released early... :( But nope we're probably going to come under the Europe branding. I don't know why they aren't releasing it simultaneously but whatever as long as it's under a week it's bearable.

I hope we get treated like NA and Japan again because that was the case for OR/AS, and while we do tend to share wi-fi event servers with Europe, that doesn't always mean they'll treat Australia the same as Europe for the game release. Most pre-6th Gen games were released in Australia before Europe, but they were mean to us for Red & Blue and Black & White since they were released last for us.

Back