• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon GO Leaders revealed

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    This isn't the most relevant question but what gender do you guys think the Valour/Mystic leaders are? I think all three of them look pretty cool and very fitting for team leaders like that - the names are a bit hit and miss but in general I think the trio are pretty awe-inspiring which is what you want for this kind of thing. Hoping this becomes relevant in the games as I'd love some team-based events to start happening and hopefully they'd lead to obtaining the legendary birds given the constant emphasis on them. Personally I'm expecting some sort of 'quest' system for them where they tell you go to out and catch X Pokémon or hatch X eggs etc in exchange for rewards, but we'll see.

What do you guys think the significance of these characters will be in-game?

Shuhbooty

space and time
    Years
  • I LOVE how they gave us female leaders. <3 (IK they have in the games, but I honestly thought from the silhouette they were males). I can't wait to see what other interactions we have with these leaders.

This isn't the most relevant question but what gender do you guys think the Valour/Mystic leaders are? I think all three of them look pretty cool and very fitting for team leaders like that - the names are a bit hit and miss but in general I think the trio are pretty awe-inspiring which is what you want for this kind of thing. Hoping this becomes relevant in the games as I'd love some team-based events to start happening and hopefully they'd lead to obtaining the legendary birds given the constant emphasis on them. Personally I'm expecting some sort of 'quest' system for them where they tell you go to out and catch X Pokémon or hatch X eggs etc in exchange for rewards, but we'll see.

What do you guys think the significance of these characters will be in-game?

I think they look awesome. The outfits and hair styles also. I agree with the names, maybe they should have spent a little more time on that.

I would love to see more team oriented stuff happening. However I DID see someone post in one of the FB: PoGo groups I'm in that they caught an Articuno? I never asked for SS, and it's hard to believe.

I'm hoping this group is more of "all together inspiring" type. Where we come to together to take down certain challenges instead of going up against one another. But I doubt that will happen here. I can see more of a "vs" to see what team is better and their roles would be to guide their members into awesomeness.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I always assumed Candela and Blanche were females. About damn time. Blanche looks amazing, like a futuristic scientist! I'm glad I'm on Team Mystic <3

Bay

Years
  • Candela seems to be female while I prefer Blanche to be nonbinary. Otherwise, digging the designs there overall. Looking forward to see if they'll play bigger roles in the game.

Checkchiron

PokeArtist
    Years
    • Seen Aug 18, 2016
    I always assumed Candela and Blanche were females. About damn time. Blanche looks amazing, like a futuristic scientist! I'm glad I'm on Team Mystic <3

Me too and that's why I choose team Instinct! Because I thought it was the only male.
    He doesn't look too bad, but more like a boy next door than a leader

Years
  • I LOVE how they gave us female leaders. <3 (IK they have in the games, but I honestly thought from the silhouette they were males). I can't wait to see what other interactions we have with these leaders.

How could you ever think Valors leader was Male XD it's was so clear on the silhuette that she's female :)

Anyways pretty cool designs and I definitely picked the right team :) Candela looks badass :D

Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2016
    They all look pretty neat, even if I find it hard to get excited about the team leaders. I wouldn't say any of them look better/worse than the other, so I'm gonna' call Candela my favourite out of Valour loyalty :P

Not so keen on the names. They just.. Don't seem like real names? Although if they're going to be the same globally then I guess they had to go with something that wasn't ultra-specific to one region of the globe.

And it seems pretty clear to me that Spark is a man and Candela and Blanche are women; no confusion there on my part :)

Checkchiron

PokeArtist
    Years
    • Seen Aug 18, 2016
    I started drawing a slightly improved variant of Sparky!
    Hoping to make him look a bit more mature and not so boy-next-door-ish.
    Because Instinct does not deserve to be the laughing stock of Pokemon Go :P

This is the sketch :)

Sparky.jpg

Years
  • Not so keen on the names. They just.. Don't seem like real names? Although if they're going to be the same globally then I guess they had to go with something that wasn't ultra-specific to one region of the globe.

Ask PC member Candy and she'll tell you that her real name is Candela... albeit with an extra L.

Anyways, I am liking these team leaders despite not being a GO player myself. Candela and Blanche definitely look female while Spark is surely male, and nice to hear there's plans to add further expansions to include non-1st Gen Pokemon and other new features as well.

Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2016
    Ask PC member Candy and she'll tell you that her real name is Candela... albeit with an extra L.

Fair enough; I guess it goes to show that they couldn't have won with whatever names they chose; there'd always be people, depending on where they are in the world, who would think 'but that's not a name!' XD

PercyX

The darkness has just begin...
    Years
    • Seen Mar 3, 2021
    Under the leadership of Candela ...
    I would like to say WE ARE THE BEST AF .
    Sorry said that by Mystake XD

Shuhbooty

space and time
    Years
  • How could you ever think Valors leader was Male XD it's was so clear on the silhuette that she's female :)

Anyways pretty cool designs and I definitely picked the right team :) Candela looks badass :D

They all looked male to me. But like I said, I didn't give it all too much time to ponder them. D: I was eager to role out and fight gyms.

Years
    • Seen Jul 15, 2021
    So when new players reach level 5 and join a team, do they see the full images of the leaders or is it still just silhouettes?

Back