• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

V Jump Pyukumuku Sidequest gameplay

Years
    • Seen Nov 1, 2023
    I'm not gonna lie...this is hella cute. It makes me like Pyukumuku even more. Can't wait to do this in SuMo!

Edit: Now that I think about it...if Pyukumuku's entry about it being chucked into the sea has some significance in the game..what about other Alola Pokemon? Will we have to beware of Turtonator near Volcanoes? Or maybe we have to hug a bunch of Bewears to calm them down?...and maybe we have to stick a hand through a Sandyghast as a Ghost Trial Captain quest? If this is case, SuMo are gonna be awesome!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 5, 2018
    Wow. o_o this is a cute sidequest tbh, I like it! I wonder how much you get paid for this... probably not much, though.
    At the end of the video it said 20000, but that might be place holder number assuming that this isn't final gameplay footage.

Nath74K

Pokéfan
    Years
  • It would be awesome if we were to have many sidequests like that in SuMo!! It would add a little something to the game!

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 13, 2023
    That is some mad bank the MC gets for cleaning up the beach. I had no probpek with raking in cash frm Hotel Richissime in XY, I have no problems with this either. Is this next to the giant hotel on Akala island? Cause this would imply you can loop from there to the volcano area. Whoa. Oh wait, there is a small beach area underneath the golf course and its still blocked off, never mind. Still, that area looks gorgeous

Years
  • Combing the Beach for Pyukumuku in Pokémon Sun and Moon

Years
  • This looks really cool, I would have liked to seen the character actually carry the Pyukumuku to the sea but it's still a cute sidequest nonetheless.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    I wonder what other pokedex descriptions are going to have actual gameplay?

Does this mean we're going to have to actually rescue Pikachus from being devoured by Palossand on the beach?

(Pyukumuku cries are even cuter outside of battle without the music)

Years
  • I actually like how there's sound effects when the water washes up on the beach and also when the protagonist is running. Definitely looks like an interesting game.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • This is pretty cool, I hope there are more side quests like this. One thing I do like about that video is the sound effects, everything about that area is really calming.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • I also really hope there are a lot of side quests. I hope it isn't a one time thing. It be a nice way to get money if it was daily.

I think the food steps are a bit too loud in the video though. I hope it isn't like that in the whole game and I really hope they have music.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • someone found an unlisted video on the v jump youtube channel. IDK if they have more.
    Neat find! Cheers for that.

Just letting you know I ninja-edited your OP to link to the Daily article we made based on that information.

As for the video itself, that's an interesting aspect revealed there. Nice bit of world building. =) I hope there's more like it in the game!

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • Ok I know they're just Pokedex entries but I'm not going near these beaches in Alola, I don't want the sandcastle ghosts to suck my soul out :p

For real though, this seems like a cute addition, not just the literal quest but the addition of them. Doesn't seem to formulaic now.

Also IDK why websites keep uploading things, hiding them, and thinking fans won't find them. Ok maybe they have more things that we havent found but still.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    It's kinda weird watching in-game gameplay of a Pokemon game and not hearing route music.

I thought something was off about this video...

blue

gucci
    Years
  • I think the lack of music is to bring out the calming sound effects of the beach. If they added music to that particular area it would probably end up drowning out the sound of the waves.

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years
  • Who knew that throwing a bunch of sea cucumbers back into the ocean would get me so psyched about these games? I really liked the sound effects and the environment that was shown in this footage, and nice little sidequests like that other than the main story and post-game are always enjoyable to me.

Years
    • Seen Jul 15, 2021
    I'm a little disappointed that the screen just fades to black and we get a splooshing sound rather than actually getting to carry the things to the water and chucking them in ourselves.
    I mean, I can see why they did it that way, but it's kind of meh to me.

Back