• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

News: Alola Form Rattata revealed for Sun and Moon

Years
  • I missed this news because Firefox crashed on me and lost my tabs. But I definitely am liking this new badass look for a well-known common Pokemon, and I love how interesting Dark/Normal typing is, since it's another new dual typing.

4x Fighting weakness does kinda suck, but at least it gets entirely different abilities than the normal Rattata as well. Now if only we get a Youngster Joey that uses one in-game...

kingdenas

#Team Popplio <3
    Years
  • The new Rattata looks amazing! I love its typing!

Edit: A new trailer was uploaded in the Pokémon Channel, have you guys already seen it in the direct?

kingdenas

#Team Popplio <3
    Years
  • There wil be especial Z-moves for certain Pokémon.... We already know about Raichu's and Snorlax's Z-moves... Just how many Z-moves will be in the game?

Years
  • I like its design, and the typing fits well! I'll probably never end up using one but it's a cool form nonetheless :)

kingdenas

#Team Popplio <3
    Years
  • I laughed when they said "After 20 years of sleeping... Snorlax ir ready to use its own Z-move" xD But it's interesting to see he's getting a special move. Just how many Pokémon will get special Z-moves? Are they going to be Kanto only? I hope not ...

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Seems like there will be more Z-moves than we previously thought if specific Pokemon are getting exclusive Z-moves. I'm starting to wonder whether those unexplained Kanto mons listed on the Japanese website (Dragonite, Lapras etc) will be getting one too?

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    There wil be especial Z-moves for certain Pokémon.... We already know about Raichu's and Snorlax's Z-moves... Just how many Z-moves will be in the game?

Already they're looking exclusive to gen 1 Pokémon, just like Alola forms. So I'd say one for each Type and then however many for the lucky gen 1 Pokémon that get chosen for it, probably those who don't have a Mega Evolution.

Jason Wolf

The Chronicler
    Years
  • Ok I'm seriously upset at nintendo. The directs used to be really interesting and detailed, but now I feel like they are filled out with just garbage. I came for pokemon and other NEW BIG REAL games. Street pass games? random indie tank game? Heck your "big" thing was a 2d pikman game. What the heck you downgrade a game serious and call it an improvement!?

They should just do 2-3 games for the entire half an hour with detail and everything. Not just here's dark rattata and then move on.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • I think the Pokemon website let it slip that Alolan Raticate exists:

Alolan Rattata

In Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon, you'll discover Rattata that are different from the Rattata you've met before. Unlike ordinary Rattata, urban areas are Alolan Rattata's main habitat. They are nocturnal and live in nests of several dozen. Alolan Raticate serve as their bosses.

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
    Years
  • The Z-move names are definitely corny, but that animation is great; rampaging Snorlax is worth a preorder.

Rattata's new mustache is certainly amusing; hope it keeps it when it's evolves.

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    Well, Munchlax/Snorlax just found a spot on my team.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • The special Z moves makes me wonder...what if these special Z's have to do with the rumor about synchro evolution? Like, perhaps if you don't use it for a certain number of turns it'll do something special.

Back